impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the same nice private villa party? that took place yesterday afternoon (some anthem disco house published by worker girl, blad dj with black glasses (Pikes hotel black polo?), lola-the shapeshifter, New Order-blue monday ..) , kind of vibes that will makes me willing to go back to the island as for now, my will to be back is 0,001% (Ibz the covid way/quiet way , not really my cup of tea) while it used to be 99,999% (Ibz the normal way)

Yes, blue Monday is literally when I was holding back the tears!!!

Does anyone know how the hard rock test event went yesterday? Not my sort of venue but in all our interests for it to have gone well. Who was the guest DJ?
I'm sure the event went perfectly, with all the totally random guests carefully picked key workers conducting themselves exemplary. I'm convinced they all upheld the rules, kept the necessary distance to each other, didn't step out of line, had their face masks on, and generally did what was expected of them.

Now try the same experiment with a random bunch of straight-off-the-plane early twenty year olds from Manchester who have been locked up for the last two years by the hypocrite Hancock, and are desperate to start living again. Now that would be a credible experiment.

I'm sure the event went perfectly, with all the totally random guests carefully picked key workers conducting themselves exemplary. I'm convinced they all upheld the rules, kept the necessary distance to each other, didn't step out of line, had their face masks on, and generally did what was expected of them.

Now try the same experiment with a random bunch of straight-off-the-plane early twenty year olds from Manchester who have been locked up for the last two years by the hypocrite Hancock, and are desperate to start living again. Now that would be a credible experiment.

What’s PDB looking like at the minute? Is it starting to get busy? Staying there next week and hoping bars etc are open!

What’s PDB looking like at the minute? Is it starting to get busy? Staying there next week and hoping bars etc are open!
Went on a little bar hop last night. Don't expect miracles right now, but there's a few early signs of potential. BOHO who did parties at Alma Beach last year have moved to Thursdays at Beachouse and that was really very busy, lots of attention to detail with the entertainment and the music was loud enough imho. You will need to book a table, so expect minimum spend I assume. They will not let you simply go in for a drink

Murphy's was relatively busy last night, but also really busy last Tuesday after the football. Maybe the pole dancer had something to do with it, eh?

Finally, Baloo is a new bar that uses some of the large space that Sissi's Asador had. Actually very busy and again, DJ playing fairly loud music, vocal Ibiza house. A few classics, not too cheesy, but not underground music. Got the vibe just right. The bar looks really nice, clearly a lot of investment. There's a jungle theme, lots of crochet and a cubanito style bar. Guess you could say a bit "Tulum". €3 caña pretty reasonable (for Bossa) - and it was my fav Estrella de Levante! Other guys inside went all out with magnum vodka. Didn't see a price list for those.

Other than the above, Playa den Bossa is still quiet. Tantra is not open yet, Dunes had a handful of people inside. Same for Moma.

Café Mambo busy as expected for their opening, although nothing like the mobbed scenes on the paseo you usually see. Sam Divine was the guest DJ. After her set she mingled with and took photos with anybody who asked. Javier, Alan and Christian doings the rounds as ever. Byesie making up for lost time and enjoying himself! Apparently they are already fully booked for tonight. No daytime opening at the moment, 18:00 start

Went on a little bar hop last night. Don't expect miracles right now, but there's a few early signs of potential. BOHO who did parties at Alma Beach last year have moved to Thursdays at Beachouse and that was really very busy, lots of attention to detail with the entertainment and the music was loud enough imho. You will need to book a table, so expect minimum spend I assume. They will not let you simply go in for a drink

Murphy's was relatively busy last night, but also really busy last Tuesday after the football. Maybe the pole dancer had something to do with it, eh?

Finally, Baloo is a new bar that uses some of the large space that Sissi's Asador had. Actually very busy and again, DJ playing fairly loud music, vocal Ibiza house. A few classics, not too cheesy, but not underground music. Got the vibe just right. The bar looks really nice, clearly a lot of investment. There's a jungle theme, lots of crochet and a cubanito style bar. Guess you could say a bit "Tulum". €3 caña pretty reasonable (for Bossa) - and it was my fav Estrella de Levante! Other guys inside went all out with magnum vodka. Didn't see a price list for those.

Other than the above, Playa den Bossa is still quiet. Tantra is not open yet, Dunes had a handful of people inside. Same for Moma.
Thanks for that! Just what I needed to hear, I was expecting a ghost town by some posts.
Did you need a reservation for Baloo? Sounds very reasonably priced.

Thanks for that! Just what I needed to hear, I was expecting a ghost town by some posts.
Did you need a reservation for Baloo? Sounds very reasonably priced.
No reservation needed, though I'm sure they would appreciate a booking so they can staff accordingly, especially if you are a big party. If just a couple I wouldn't worry too much

Anyone got any decent taxi contacts?

Calling 3 taxis to our villa is impossible because the last one never turns up and the people left behind get so pissed off and decide to stay in

We are near the airport

The pleasant surprise of the day, not only that O Beach was busy (all beds sold), but it was a really good vibe in there: people in the pool, lots of smiling, happy people, nice production, babes in bikinis & hunks in trunks

Probably not really the right audience on here, and not overly my scene either, but it was a real pick-me-up to see how close to normality it was

The pleasant surprise of the day, not only that O Beach was busy (all beds sold), but it was a really good vibe in there: people in the pool, lots of smiling, happy people, nice production, babes in bikinis & hunks in trunks

Probably not really the right audience on here, and not overly my scene either, but it was a real pick-me-up to see how close to normality it was
I seen videos on Instagram...it seemed like a good vibe, cudnt belive how packed it was,

Now we just need to dance there!!

hard seeing places like Ukraine, Croatia and Netherlands dancing and partying without face masks and u can't even dance there yet, and when we do will be with face masks!

I seen videos on Instagram...it seemed like a good vibe, cudnt belive how packed it was,

Now we just need to dance there!!

hard seeing places like Ukraine, Croatia and Netherlands dancing and partying without face masks and u can't even dance there yet, and when we do will be with face masks!
Add France and Greece on that list as well.

Really incredible Spain is actually trying to do strict mask wearing for outside parties. Has to be one of the more insane things I’ve seen during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Add France and Greece on that list as well.

Really incredible Spain is actually trying to do strict mask wearing outside. Has to be one of the more insane things I’ve seen during the pandemic.
I know I am actually getting frustrated now!

Amnesia Croatia happening at the moment and can't even dance

Face masks on the street rule is bullshit cus u have to put it back on in a shop etc and then either have to keep taking it off and putting it back on or just hang it round your neck for easy access

Great review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back