Ibiza vs Croatia?

The food is definitely cheaper than Ibiza! One of my favourite's is Carmen. Its just down the hill from the festival site, round to the left. Lovely place over the water.
Then if you like your fish really fresh there's a small place just over the bridge (as you're coming from the festival site) to the right. I can't remember the name & its a bit hard to spot as it's not really a restaurant, just a place with benches on the pavement. Fantastic sardines. Ferali's is also really nice. That's just over the bridge on the left. The absolute best is the 24 hour bakery by the bridge! Oh and the ice cream place! Honestly there are loads of places to eat. The restaurant on site isn't bad either. As for bars, there's a few in the square. All good for a drink!
Sounds good, thanks for the tips!

Anyone just returning from one of the Croatia festivals (Hideout, Love Int'l) that can share their experience?

I turn an absolutely horrid age this year (the big 3-0) and really want to do a Croatian beach road trip next summer - starting down in Dubrovnik and driving north to Split and other beach towns, ending in either Tisno or Pag, or vice versa depending on timing. I feel like Croatia this way could be a really nice of mix of both relaxation and partying.

I haven't ruled out a return trip to Ibiza but would probably focus this time on Barcelona and maybe some of the Costa del Sol before a quick 2-3 night jaunt, perhaps for the opening parties during our Memorial Day Weekend here in the US.

Last edited:
Friend who I went to Glastonbury travelled to hideout day after the festival...no idea how he did it!

Texted me saying it was more expensive than he expected (I did warn him:spank:)

£6/£7 for a drink at festival, £3 in the town they stayed in which was not where the music venues are held but the same bars it went upto £5 at night :confused:

A positive- everything was 'available' to have a good time unlike when my wife went to the first hideout :D

Yeah its been like that last couple of years now. I have neighbours coming back on Monday,will try get some info. Prices are creeping up though.. I think ill stick to ibiza for another few years.. can't handle those deck shoes tossers that frequent those parts....:) its the little things..;)

Last edited:
I sadly fell out a while back with a few people on that scene which is the main reason I never go - which is a real shame because Love International is totally up my street on so many levels.

Friend who I went to Glastonbury travelled to hideout day after the festival...no idea how he did it!

Texted me saying it was more expensive than he expected (I did warn him:spank:)

£6/£7 for a drink at festival, £3 in the town they stayed in which was not where the music venues are held but the same bars it went upto £5 at night :confused:

A positive- everything was 'available' to have a good time unlike when my wife went to the first hideout :D

I couldn't do that physically, emotionally and financially. Props to your mate. That seems pretty reasonable though compare to a week on Ibiza.

I sadly fell out a while back with a few people on that scene which is the main reason I never go - which is a real shame because Love International is totally up my street on so many levels.

Love International seems like, for lack of a better way to put it, Brooklyn on the water (in a positive way). I think that The Garden is a bit more what I'm looking for in terms of overall atmosphere/experience as opposed to the Zrce Beach venues.

I'm getting the sense that Pag is a bit more of the 18-21 year old crowd - am I correct or is that kind of a misconception? I have to say that was the best thing about Ibiza and one of the reasons I do like New York so much, it really can be an all age affair. Not so true, depending on the venue, in other parts of the world.

I have just returned from my first visit to Croatia, I went to Tisno for the Suncebeat festival. I have nothing but positive things to say about this festival in particular and Tisno as a location. Suncebeat, for those that don't know, is organised buy the team behind The Southport Weekender and the Liverpool Disco Weekender. They have 25 years behind them as a promoter and because of this Suncebeat attracts a lot of veterans/mature clubbers. As a 41 year old I think this is a good thing, thats not to say it isn't attended by all ages though. It attracts a clued up crowd and everyone is really friendly, I made new friends nearly every day. Musically its House/Soulful house and Disco, and a bit of Hip Hop/Soul. For me it was right up my street. Highlights were Danny Krivit, Louie Vega disco set as the sun came up at Barbarellas, Mad Mats, Jamie 3:26, Ge-ology and Marcellus Pittman. Although there was loads more good stuff over the week. Jamie 3:26 played multiple times and he might just be my new favourite DJ. A lot of the DJ's stay the week and hang out and mingle with the punters. The venue The Garden is really good. Its split into 3 separate areas Main stage, Beach stage and Olive Grove stage. The Beach stage is right on the water, how I never fell in the sea I don't know! They also have daily boat parties.They have onsite accommodation but it is a bit basic. We stayed in Tisno, on the edge of town and would definitely do this again. Barbarellas is an awesome club with a cracking function one soundsytem. I'd forgotten how good dancing until dawn in an open air club is!
Tisno itself is a lovely little town and the surrounding area is great too. I can't recommend it enough. Great food, good weather, friendly people and beautiful scenery. No high-rise Vegas style hotels to be seen.
Lots of things that Ibiza doesn't offer anymore are here, open air clubbing, dancing on the beach, after-parties that start at 6 am if you know where to look, a non pretentious vip free environment. All for a reasonable cost. In a week I spent about half the amount I would normally spend in a week in Ibiza. Connections for supplies are easy to come buy too.
Apart from dance music and hot weather there are no other comparisons with Ibiza, Croatia is a totally different place. I highly recommend you go and experience it for yourself. Will I be going back? definitely. Will it replace Ibiza? Probably not.
But i'm lucky enough to be able to do both. If I had to choose one I might just pick Croatia!

I have just returned from my first visit to Croatia, I went to Tisno for the Suncebeat festival. I have nothing but positive things to say about this festival in particular and Tisno as a location. Suncebeat, for those that don't know, is organised buy the team behind The Southport Weekender and the Liverpool Disco Weekender. They have 25 years behind them as a promoter and because of this Suncebeat attracts a lot of veterans/mature clubbers. As a 41 year old I think this is a good thing, thats not to say it isn't attended by all ages though. It attracts a clued up crowd and everyone is really friendly, I made new friends nearly every day. Musically its House/Soulful house and Disco, and a bit of Hip Hop/Soul. For me it was right up my street. Highlights were Danny Krivit, Louie Vega disco set as the sun came up at Barbarellas, Mad Mats, Jamie 3:26, Ge-ology and Marcellus Pittman. Although there was loads more good stuff over the week. Jamie 3:26 played multiple times and he might just be my new favourite DJ. A lot of the DJ's stay the week and hang out and mingle with the punters. The venue The Garden is really good. Its split into 3 separate areas Main stage, Beach stage and Olive Grove stage. The Beach stage is right on the water, how I never fell in the sea I don't know! They also have daily boat parties.They have onsite accommodation but it is a bit basic. We stayed in Tisno, on the edge of town and would definitely do this again. Barbarellas is an awesome club with a cracking function one soundsytem. I'd forgotten how good dancing until dawn in an open air club is!
Tisno itself is a lovely little town and the surrounding area is great too. I can't recommend it enough. Great food, good weather, friendly people and beautiful scenery. No high-rise Vegas style hotels to be seen.
Lots of things that Ibiza doesn't offer anymore are here, open air clubbing, dancing on the beach, after-parties that start at 6 am if you know where to look, a non pretentious vip free environment. All for a reasonable cost. In a week I spent about half the amount I would normally spend in a week in Ibiza. Connections for supplies are easy to come buy too.
Apart from dance music and hot weather there are no other comparisons with Ibiza, Croatia is a totally different place. I highly recommend you go and experience it for yourself. Will I be going back? definitely. Will it replace Ibiza? Probably not.
But i'm lucky enough to be able to do both. If I had to choose one I might just pick Croatia!

That's what I've been saying all along about what Ibiza no longer offers, spot on! I will be back in less then two weeks can't wait!

Last edited:
Most of the Croatia talk seems to revolve around the festivals. If going for a normal Ibiza style holiday (i.e. clubbing most nights), what and where are the main clubs and are they open most nights of the week?

(I love Ibiza but think I need a change of scenery for next year as the clubs are becoming too familiar and not exciting - I'm after somewhere short-haul from the UK, close to a beach with some good clubs).

nice one Tucker. you sound totally on my wavelength

Jamie 326 doesn't get nearly enough props imo - only heard him once. serious selector

Yeah that's a good post tucker.

I listen to mi-soul a little ( shit during the day,not bad in the evening ) whilst channel hopping on the DAB. They broadcast their drive time shows from there last week. I'm sure I heard someone who was being interviewed from suncebeat say the average age was 50! ?

They also had some reporter from the independent or the 'I',who was doing a piece to be published soon about the culture or something,I can't remember his name but he had been around in the good old days as was loving it. He said he was going back with his family next year which got me thinking about that also.

I'm sure I heard someone who was being interviewed from suncebeat say the average age was 50! ?
I definitely chatted with a few people in there 50's but if I had to guess I would say overall the average age was more like 40. On Friday and Saturday a lot of younger Croatians came in on day tickets. Which was good, they injected some energy! Also there were a small number of families in attendance.

Not because of a need to get away from Ibiza, just because there's more music of our taste on offer
This is exactly why we choose Suncebeat this year. I had attended the Southport Weekender a few times back in the day so I knew the niche they operate in would be up my street. We took a gamble and bought our tickets before the line-up was complete. It payed off because we definitely weren't disappointed. The music was spot on all week.

If you are considering Suncebeat I would say definitely go for it. Discussions have already been had and I think if we can fit it around our other plans then we will be going again next year.

Thanks Tucker! I'm now seriously excited for Dekmantel Selectors at The Garden, Tisno in just under 4 weeks time!

I definitely chatted with a few people in there 50's but if I had to guess I would say overall the average age was more like 40. On Friday and Saturday a lot of younger Croatians came in on day tickets. Which was good, they injected some energy! Also there were a small number of families in attendance.

Proper people nonetheless...

Really glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time too! How good was Danny Krivit at Barbs?! A real highlight for me. I absolutely love Barbarellas. Did 4 nights there Fri - Mon. Only managed Vortex once! Managed to catch Jamie 3:26 on the beach stage & thought he was really good. Still baffled by Rodigan! Not my cuppa at all. Only did one boat this year, the Disco Nights one with Danny Krivit, Rahaan & John Morales. That was enough for me, brilliant time. I wish they did more on the main stage though. If only so we could get a decent draught beer! But there's so much other stuff going on I shouldn't complain.
As you say you can't really compare it to Ibiza. So far I've been lucky enough to do both (5 Suncebeats now). Next year we'll have to choose and it looks like Croatia will win, purely because it provides more of the music I like. But who knows, if the funds can stretch we'll do both!

Really glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time too! How good was Danny Krivit at Barbs?! A real highlight for me. I absolutely love Barbarellas. Did 4 nights there Fri - Mon. Only managed Vortex once! Managed to catch Jamie 3:26 on the beach stage & thought he was really good. Still baffled by Rodigan! Not my cuppa at all. Only did one boat this year, the Disco Nights one with Danny Krivit, Rahaan & John Morales. That was enough for me, brilliant time. I wish they did more on the main stage though. If only so we could get a decent draught beer! But there's so much other stuff going on I shouldn't complain.
As you say you can't really compare it to Ibiza. So far I've been lucky enough to do both (5 Suncebeats now). Next year we'll have to choose and it looks like Croatia will win, purely because it provides more of the music I like. But who knows, if the funds can stretch we'll do both!

great thread. good to see some real disco/house fans on here

not seen Rahaan in years. Always assured a great party in East London. Particularly fond memories of this

Back