Ibiza vs Croatia?

There was next to nothing when I was there, it was 4 years ago though and an up-and-coming party spot.

TBF, there are pill report entries for Greece, a country which has notoriously scary drug laws and is meant to be impossible to score in.

Mark Broadbent said:
CROATIA IS NOT THE NEW IBIZA
I had read that Croatia was the new Ibiza and this saddened me. I went to Croatia and it's not. It's f*** all like Ibiza. It's lazy journalists being lazy.
I'm sure there are more "touristy" parts to the country like the Isle of Pag that could well be, well, touristy, but why paint the whole country with this broad brush stroke? Laziness is all I can think. The Croatia that I have experienced this past two summers has been nothing short of fabulous. Almost quaint, with a welcome naivety in the locals I've not witnessed, well, ever before at a holiday destination. Lot's of great festivals going on in Tisno this year. Take your pick, there's something for everyone. Attention to detail is key to the promotions on board and the musical programming rivals the worlds best festivals. In a unique boutique setting.
http://www.theransomnote.co.uk/new-world-musings/top-8s-2015/the-badgers-top-8-of-2015/

the 'new' ibiza is arguably not 'ibiza' in many ways surely. The new ibiza is in some well known person's business propsals somewhere.

interesting comment from dixon (only seen this, it's a facebook post of his 10 days ago):

This year I decided against all the festivals for the international tourists on the Croatian seaside.

Instead I will play my only gig in 2017 in Zagreb and prior the holiday season. For the people that are actually from the region.

Doing both this year - Ibiza in May for IMS and the opening parties, then Croatia in August for Dekmantel Selectors in Tisno and also a few days in Hvar & Split.

Never been to Croatia before so looking forward to experiencing it and comparing with Ibiza! :lol:

Doing both this year - Ibiza in May for IMS and the opening parties, then Croatia in August for Dekmantel Selectors in Tisno and also a few days in Hvar & Split.

Never been to Croatia before so looking forward to experiencing it and comparing with Ibiza! :lol:

Tisno is lovely. You'll love it!

Another comparison to Croatia :rolleyes:

Glasgow has an amazing party scene too... what's your point??? o_O

The problem is that Croaita is welcoming tourists with open arms and the hotels are 1/2 the price of Ibiza.

Not just there - even cutting out the clubs the whole thing can be crazily expensive compared to other places.

Last week in Ibiza - 3 nights, flights, car, hotel (Gran Sol no sea view) and a boat 1 day with keenly priced meals and some activities - £1,200. NO CLUBS

Zakynthos - 3 nights, flights, car, 600sq ft Apartment with massive private living balcony and 180 degree views of mountains and sea, boat 1 day (smaller) with tourist priced meals and some activities - about £550. I'll up it by £200 or so for the boat spec differential but still about £450 less.

Not just there - even cutting out the clubs the whole thing can be crazily expensive compared to other places.

Last week in Ibiza - 3 nights, flights, car, hotel (Gran Sol no sea view) and a boat 1 day with keenly priced meals and some activities - £1,200. NO CLUBS

Zakynthos - 3 nights, flights, car, 600sq ft Apartment with massive private living balcony and 180 degree views of mountains and sea, boat 1 day (smaller) with tourist priced meals and some activities - about £550. I'll up it by £200 or so for the boat spec differential but still about £450 less.
But it´s NOT ibiza

Thats the thing Ibiza is SO expensive! Croatia so much cheaper and they have good parties there too now...but its not Ibiza...Ibiza will always win hands down...even some of the feativals look amazing and sometimes I am tempted to go! But I dont think it can match Ibiza and I would rather save my money for Ibiza!

If it wasn't about clubs and parties would you be happy to pay the same premiums to go though ? Remove the need to find drugs too and there are a load of different options.

Last edited:
Thats the thing Ibiza is SO expensive! Croatia so much cheaper and they have good parties there too now...but its not Ibiza...Ibiza will always win hands down...even some of the feativals look amazing and sometimes I am tempted to go! But I dont think it can match Ibiza and I would rather save my money for Ibiza!

This is the exact conversation I have with my mates every year. There is always talk of "try somewhere new", but if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ibiza may be expensive, but it has everything for me.

I know a lot of British clubbers who originally went to Croatia for 4 reasons

1. to hear the kind of music they no longer heard in IBZ
2. to reconnect with the freedom and innocence that had been lost in IBZ
3. to escape from the tossers who were increasingly populating IBZ (at all ends of the social scale)
4. it was cheaper (although I don't think this was ever the main reason for music heads)

the downside is that Croatia lacks IBZ's outstanding natural beauty and in the early years at least, lacked the chemically enhanced freakery and was a bit of an "East London creative types" ghetto, whereas the best parties in IBZ are defined by characters from virtually anywhere on earth.

Speaking to a few old timers more recently however, I think Ibiza has definitely recaptured some of its former cool. Everyone is a bit more savvy now, knows where to avoid and is realistic enough to recognise it will never relive the peak balearic 85-92 years, but provided you know the right people then there is still all sorts of fun to be had.

My girlfriend is just back from a week in Brac Island with her Mum and i'd seriously dispute that comment...

Croatia looked absolutely stunning, and at a fraction of the cost!!

Yeah it's actually the stunning natural beauty which attracts me to Croatia not anything to do with music or clubs. The only thing lacking is enough choice of flights from UK regional airports at low enough prices !

Having recently returned from 10 days in Croatia I disagree it is not as attractive as Ibiza, I love Ibiza however Croatia is stunning.

Cheap-really? We did not find it cheap, although we went to touristy resorts; dubrovnik, Hvar and Split, around 8 other islands.
Accommodation was roughly £50p/night.

On the islands across from Hvar, where the club carpe diem is, is possibly the nice beach bar we have visited Laganini Lounge. Cocktails around £13.50...cheap?

We went two weeks before the season starts apparently, which was perfect. Hvar was full of rich (annoying) young American 'travellers'.

I would go back in heart beat, I'm jealous of my friend who I am travelling to glastonbury with as he leaves for Hideout a day after we return from the festival.

I didn't go to Pag, my wife has and enjoyed it but I can't see Croatia over taking Ibiza anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back