Ibiza vs Croatia?

They were just eating/drinking in local places on the other side of Brac Island to where the tourist areas are...

They said they were treated like royalty by the locals there, because the tourists don't tend to stay on that side of the island... Sounds like a good place to me then!!

Life of a Rye may be taking about Pag Island? It is meant to be difficult to get to, my wife did a long journey from Italy for the first Hideout.

We got direct flights from Leeds to Dubrovnik 3 1/2hours, split to leeds 3 hours.

We enjoyed Split, nice mix of Venesian and Roman buildings. Few alternative bars in the walls like Ghetto. Beach was a bit dissapointed.

Life of a Rye may be taking about Pag Island? It is meant to be difficult to get to, my wife did a long journey from Italy for the first Hideout.

We got direct flights from Leeds to Dubrovnik 3 1/2hours, split to leeds 3 hours.

We enjoyed Split, nice mix of Venesian and Roman buildings. Few alternative bars in the walls like Ghetto. Beach was a bit dissapointed.

Indeed talking about Pag island - assuming this is where the parties are at?

Until they have an EGG roundabout and a bus station full of zombies I don't think I will be able to take it as a serious Ibiza replacement

Going to Sonus Croatia for the first time in August, taking a day off in Zadar to sleep in areal bed, then off to a weekend trip to Ibiza (3rd visit)... then quick stop in Mykonos.

I'll write my thoughts on Croatia after that lol.

I love Ibiza but this May/June was so busy (it felt like August at times) I wouldn't be surprised if I end up falling in love with Croatia for the summer and then go to Ibiza at quieter times and out of season.

Plus Croatia seems a lot cheaper.

1. to hear the kind of music they no longer heard in IBZ
This is exactly the reason why I have booked to go to Croatia for Suncebeat next month. Although theirs some crossover with DJ's that play in Ibiza on the line up, I'm just not gonna hear people like Rahaan or Mr Mendell or Marcell Vogel or a hole load more people that are playing in Ibiza unfortunately. I've never been before so I'm keen to see what all the fuss is about. I will report back.

This is exactly the reason why I have booked to go to Croatia for Suncebeat next month. Although theirs some crossover with DJ's that play in Ibiza on the line up, I'm just not gonna hear people like Rahaan or Mr Mendell or Marcell Vogel or a hole load more people that are playing in Ibiza unfortunately. I've never been before so I'm keen to see what all the fuss is about. I will report back.
Rahaan is a top class spinner.

Exactly! I'll see you there!

The drink on site last year wasn't great. Spirits are served in similar sizes to UK. The Garden have their own brewery so were only selling their craft beers. A blue one affectionately called Shit Beer or the red one called Really Shit Beer. Cider was either Strongbow Gold, as sweet as Appletize! Or some fruity rubbish. I stuck to wine. By the bottle. Drink in town. Croatian lager is really nice. The locals are really friendly & there's always shots on offer!!

The drink on site last year wasn't great. Spirits are served in similar sizes to UK. The Garden have their own brewery so were only selling their craft beers. A blue one affectionately called Shit Beer or the red one called Really Shit Beer. Cider was either Strongbow Gold, as sweet as Appletize! Or some fruity rubbish. I stuck to wine. By the bottle. Drink in town. Croatian lager is really nice. The locals are really friendly & there's always shots on offer!!
We are staying in town, do you have any tips for good places to eat or drink? If you spot me come and say hi, be good to meet fellow spotlighter.

Reactions: Sez
We are staying in town, do you have any tips for good places to eat or drink? If you spot me come and say hi, be good to meet fellow spotlighter.

There is a lot of good restaurants/bars on either side of Tisno by the water, everything is in walking distance, Tisno is a small town that gets very lively.

There is a lot of good restaurants/bars on either side of Tisno by the water, everything is in walking distance, Tisno is a small town that gets very lively.

Any recommendations would be great, thanks. I assume prices are cheaper than in Ibiza?!

The food is definitely cheaper than Ibiza! One of my favourite's is Carmen. Its just down the hill from the festival site, round to the left. Lovely place over the water.
Then if you like your fish really fresh there's a small place just over the bridge (as you're coming from the festival site) to the right. I can't remember the name & its a bit hard to spot as it's not really a restaurant, just a place with benches on the pavement. Fantastic sardines. Ferali's is also really nice. That's just over the bridge on the left. The absolute best is the 24 hour bakery by the bridge! Oh and the ice cream place! Honestly there are loads of places to eat. The restaurant on site isn't bad either. As for bars, there's a few in the square. All good for a drink!

Back