Ibiza vs Croatia?

Thanks, but that's a report on two specific places Hvar and pag (neither of which I'll be at).

I don't vomit or urinate in the streets anywhere I go, so I reckon I'll be fine over there, just as I am in ibiza.

In fact perhaps I'd prefer to be somewhere that clamps down on that sort of stuff. Look at the state of San Antonio in the early hours before the clean up....its not like I ever saw that mess and thought 'wow, it's great that we brits can act like this and get away with it'.

Plenty of holiday makers act the fool in seaside towns like Blackpool, but the whole of 'the locals' of the entire UK doesn't hate tourists.

There's no bubble to burst lads, it's just a different place.

Industry peeps just back from Sonus: "we didn't meet a single welcoming local"

These aren't pissing in the street, fighting
types either. Not a good sign

Its a stereotype thing especially across europe us english have been terrorising europe since 70s/80s thanks to football hooliganism and people dont forget . Politics could also come into play.

Its all about trust.

(Not a hooligan - just facts)

All the people we met in Tisno were happy to have us. They were very accomadating and know the festivals bring tourists to the town. Had a few conversations with people relying on the tourism for income. Maybe it's the veteran demographic that Suncebeat attracts that made it that way. It could be different when other festivals are on depending on the type of crowds.

All the people we met in Tisno were happy to have us

Not British, but American (often worse abroad), that said I felt the same in Tisno. Actually really wished i had stayed longer as i was only there a few days this summer and checked out Love International (which is however much smaller by size than Sonus). Croatia wasn't my favorite overall but Love International put on a great event and Tisno was my favorite spot I went in Croatia out of Zadar, Tisno, and Split. For me personally, those who want to prop up Croatia can keep it, Im glad i checked it out but i dont really think i would go back at least not for awhile.

From watching a bit of that BBC3 thing based around Sonus, it looked bigger than the festivals in Tisno and the age group is a lot younger. As Tucker has said the age group for Suncebeat is generally older. I've been to Tisno 3 times & found the locals to be really friendly. When the original Garden Festival site was in Petrcane, we went twice again with no problems for Suncebeat but one of the other festivals (can't remember which one, not sure it's still going) had a reputation for attracting a younger crowd that ran riot in town.

Industry peeps just back from Sonus: "we didn't meet a single welcoming local"

These aren't pissing in the street, fighting
types either. Not a good sign

I do have to say the Croats didn't seem thrilled to have us in town, however keep in mind there were thousands of young peeps drunk and turned up running around. It was a nonstop work for them while the Sonus crowd was there. The experience was phenomenal, easily one of my fav festivals ever. Up there with BPM Mexico for me (BPM is still #1 in my heart). I would certainly do Sonus all over again... if the flights to Europe weren't so expensive.

I come from America btw.

I would struggle to choose between suncebeat and Love International. I love the balearic stuff but also love big yank house records. Either way you know you're gonna get a mature, passionate crowd.

I would rather chop my testicles off than go to something like Sonus.

i'm sure you had an amazing time Jorge 90, although between you and me I personally couldn't give a shit either way.

now what I'm saying is that (leaving aside the punters) Sonus just doesn't sound very interesting - the same old headline names you get in ibiza - rarely deviating from a tried and tested 'tech' template. Is that bitching or is that simply an accurate observation?

For new music, I think the likes of Dimensions and Dekmantel have it nailed. There's also a good feature in Crack, featuring people from across the spectrum currently doing interesting things - not saying I like all these guys, but none of them follow a formula

http://crackmagazine.net/article/music/50-most-exciting-djs-right-now-2017/

Back