Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant! Now we’re talking. Cheers, much appreciated. Defo need to get on that group! ?
link sent, housing in portinax, if not having a car it will cost u fortune to get into ibz harbor or San an
Someone on way to book 8h30pm las dalias ,San carlos (still can make a hop for a pickup) wed 22th for 4 people , ask in the group to @ElrowLovers if willing to join us asap as it goes sold out quickly
on july 24th the dinner at shamarkanda is close to Portinax if in let me know through whatapp group

Okay, so my phone battery may have run out yesterday before we even finished the apartment viewings.

San Antonio feels like home to me, always has. It's my most visited/lived in place on the island and I smiled as we came over the hill on the motorway and saw it in the distance. After going from Port D'es Torrent to Cala Gracio on various house viewings, we were full-on knackered and so we took a walk through town to Ibiza Rocks Bar (obvs) to sit down and talk through where we are potentially going to live.

As we walked through town past Ibiza Rocks Hotel (obvs) and then past Ruby's and towards the west end, it's so noticeable the lack of people walking around the streets heading back to their hotels or down to the West End etc. The West End itself felt incredibly sad, with only the two bars at the top open. Walking along the front, the masses of taxi's stood out (I don't think I've ever seen so many waiting there available before) and then obviously with most of those promenade restaurants closed, it all just feels a bit pre-season. Though still undeniably San-An, with the younger crowd, dressed like they're on their holidays, walking down the promenade with a beer in hand.

We sat at Rocks Bar from around 6-830pm - one of the most perfect places to people watch - and upon entry they were VERY clear on the rules about wearing a mask when moving around the bar, and waiting until you received your first drink before taking it off. They've also been very clever to offer a 'welcome shot' to everyone that comes in so that basically means you can remove your mask right away. At one point, somewhere around 7pm, Matt and I were the only people sat in there. I've never seen it like that. It made me feel sad that this is the case right now, and there are clearly points in the day where the bar will have no customers at all. In mid-July. I mentioned that it feels like April in terms of the people around.

Luckily, Rocks Bar filled up come 8pm, and it went from completely dead to almost every table full. People coming from OBeach etc, like they did in the good ol' days of years gone by ?

Matt and I wanted to walk round and watch the sunset, because it looked like it was going to be a corker, and my god was it weird to be able to just sit on the decking at Savannah. There were armed Guardia making sure people weren't being idiots, and everyone was good at having their spot and staying away from other people. I'm actually really interested to see how this will now change with Mambo and Cafe Del Mar's official openings tonight. I don't know if the same control will be there with the added music/DJ's etc. From the looks of things on the Sunset Strip, none of the others will open this year (not sure if these have been officially announced).

I wish we could have spent more time exploring San An yesterday with the camera, but with 3 hours of apartment viewings and 22k steps, I simply didn't want to move anymore! We might pop down tonight for the sunset - let me know if anyones around

Last edited:
Have a go and let us know ;)
i've seen lot of feeds from st tropez with big name djs, Carola, black coffee, people dancing while in IBz:NO DANCING ?

Wait and see ...

Indoor : No dancing whole season , thats sure.Indpor events are spreading events , as seen in many cases.
Outdoor : Why not ? If the situation stays good , why not ? Lets see the experience of the countries where this is allowed.

I think its best to assume you aren't getting any type of events this year. I may be wrong but at the moment I find it hard to imagine. The Balearic government is playing it very safe, and tbh I do agree with them but on the other hand I'm also a bit like they're using this situation to test the waters for an island with no music tourism.

No

Bora Bora or Sa Trinxa with sound and dancing with a little distance , for example.
This is maybe possible if there is no extraordinary infection spike. If there is : Waiting for vaccine or cure
So I'm actually at Bora Bora now. Something has changed because you can't hear any music at all. The last few days it's been loud enough to hear on the beach. I hope my comments haven't been read and they've been told to turn it down. I do believe the authorities look on here to see what's going on. It's so easy for us to go yea there's a party here, a party there without realising the full complications from the post.

So I'm actually at Bora Bora now. Something has changed because you can't hear any music at all. The last few days it's been loud enough to hear on the beach. I hope my comments haven't been read and they've been told to turn it down. I do believe the authorities look on here to see what's going on. It's so easy for us to go yea there's a party here, a party there without realising the full complications from the post.

They dont need this. They only walk along the beach.

That is very true as they do very often but it's also very easy to read places like this to see where they should concentrate their efforts. It's naive to think this forum isn't looked at.

I think its best to assume you aren't getting any type of events this year. I may be wrong but at the moment I find it hard to imagine. The Balearic government is playing it very safe, and tbh I do agree with them but on the other hand I'm also a bit like they're using this situation to test the waters for an island with no music tourism.
im starting to query if next year is going ahead at this stage, just when you think they are taking the foot off the gas a little they drop a gear and boost it back.. im hoping for a vaccine (Voluntary) more than ever, or theres a chance numerous other winds that could change clubbing culture for the long run

That is very true as they do very often but it's also very easy to read places like this to see where they should concentrate their efforts. It's naive to think this forum isn't looked at.

They read it , Im sure.

But maybe more for illegal parties and so on.

But : Ibiza is a small Island. Everyone knows everyone ( nearly). For example :
They went into Amnesia because this private
Party . It was not at this forum.
They found it very fast. Believe me : They have their sources.

They read it , Im sure.

But maybe more for illegal parties and so on.

But : Ibiza is a small Island. Everyone knows everyone ( nearly). For example :
They went into Amnesia because this private
Party . It was not at this forum.
They found it very fast. Believe me : They have their sources.
Yea, i have a few friends who live out here. They're all super para about posting anything online. It is a small island but not that small both tourism sectors can't co exist.

Everyone of us on here could probably go on about this for the rest of our lives lol but let's agree we love this island, and we want everyone to be able to enjoy it, from the music tourist to the family tourist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back