Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it doesn't look like it's getting turned up. Don't get me wrong it's still perfectly audible from the beach but it's defitnely not at the usual volume.

Its been a few years since I was last here but they used to have speakers attached to the roof/poles facing the beach. They aren't there any longer. Maybe they just won't set up the full system this year? Don't let it put you off though it's still got that same Sa Trinxa vibe. Looking around Salinas you almost forget we're in the midst of a global pandemic.

Hello Folks,

I have been reading this with great interest and this is my very first post.

I am going to Portinatx on Saturday for a week on my own. I believe it’s very quiet there anyway and I expect it will be even quieter. That’s absolutely fine as I’m getting over the heartbreak of my other half leaving me for the milkman. But I’ll be mooching about the island.

However, although I realise a lot of places will be closed...has EVERYTHING shut up shop, so to speak? <cough>

Hello Folks,

I am going to Portinatx on Saturday for a week on my own. I believe it’s very quiet there anyway and I expect it will be even quieter. That’s absolutely fine as I’m getting over the heartbreak of my other half leaving me for the milkman. But I’ll be mooching about the island.

However, although I realise a lot of places will be closed...has EVERYTHING shut up shop, so to speak? <cough>
Haha no. Not everything has shut up shop.

There’s plenty open and plenty serving! And I’m 100% around to meet spotlighters for a caña or two ?

So it doesn't look like it's getting turned up. Don't get me wrong it's still perfectly audible from the beach but it's defitnely not at the usual volume.

Its been a few years since I was last here but they used to have speakers attached to the roof/poles facing the beach. They aren't there any longer. Maybe they just won't set up the full system this year? Don't let it put you off though it's still got that same Sa Trinxa vibe. Looking around Salinas you almost forget we're in the midst of a global pandemic.

Jon Sa Trinxa said they have limiters there now. Real shame.

Really? Whys that? It's not like there's any residents near by(from what I can see anyway), and if you're going to Sa Trinxa you are going for the music.

Maybe : One BC has a limiter , then the others need one , too
They dont want night partys at the beachclubs and so on

Maybe : One BC has a limiter , then the others need one , too
They dont want night partys at the beachclubs and so on

Doesn't add up though, jockey club seemed much louder, and bora bora is definitely louder. They should simply insists on 8pm closures or then limit the music. I'd be happy to leave the beach at 8pm to continue elsewhere.

Hello Folks,

No

But not everyone goes to the Salinas beach for the music :idea:

(although I don't have problems with music as long as they don't play hip hop)
This is exactly the situation we found ourselves in. Because the music wasn't loud at Sa Trinxa a group of young ens where just blasting hip hop from their portable speaker.

I've been coming to this island for a very long time and a lot of the problems between the locals and the music tourists are the fact the scene was allowed to grow out of control in the early years. So now you end up with these blanket bans which don't work.

It would make far more sense to designate beaches or sections of the larger beaches to music, and the rest to relaxing, and let's be honest if your at the bottom of Salinas you aren't walking up to Sa Trinxa if you don't want music. The beach is big enough to accomadate all, and let's keep this in perspective I'm not suggesting they set up a massive F1 system on the beach just enough volume to actually get a good vibe going.

This is exactly the situation we found ourselves in. Because the music wasn't loud at Sa Trinxa a group of young ens where just blasting hip hop from their portable speaker.

I've been coming to this island for a very long time and a lot of the problems between the locals and the music tourists are the fact the scene was allowed to grow out of control in the early years. So now you end up with these blanket bans which don't work.

It would make far more sense to designate beaches or sections of the larger beaches to music, and the rest to relaxing, and let's be honest if your at the bottom of Salinas you aren't walking up to Sa Trinxa if you don't want music. The beach is big enough to accomadate all, and let's keep this in perspective I'm not suggesting they set up a massive F1 system on the beach just enough volume to actually get a good vibe going.

playing devil's advocate I think the authorities fear that if they eased up on say ST and the Jockey Club whilst clamping down on decibels elsewhere then every man and his dog would head down there creating traffic chaos and overcrowded beach would get out of hand. word would be out in no time. I'm glad I got to let off steam there when I did. so incredibly sad I won't get to repeat that anytime soon.

This is pretty gutting to read to be honest. We returned to Ibiza last year after 10 years and, having wanted to go to Sa Trinxa for ages, had an amazing few days there. Not much dancing but certainly loudish (excellent) house music all day long. Really hope it gets sorted out by September.

playing devil's advocate I think the authorities fear that if they eased up on say ST and the Jockey Club whilst clamping down on decibels elsewhere then every man and his dog would head down there creating traffic chaos and overcrowded beach would get out of hand. word would be out in no time. I'm glad I got to let off steam there when I did. so incredibly sad I won't get to repeat that anytime soon.

Could be :(. If so, any other beaches / beach bars could pick up where Sa Trinxa left off? I don't know of any. Or all they all scared of being told off by the GC?

San An sounds perfect right now. Lazy days at Golden Buddha, evenings at Cafe Bohemia (across from Gran Sol - is it open?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back