Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan365

Hi All

Long time lurker here but I thought I'd contribute a little bit as I'm in Ibiza now, and answer some of the questions I couldn't necessary find answers too. I'll probably dissappear again once I leave Ibiza lol.

I arrived in Ibiza today from 4nights in Barcelona. Staying at the Algarb in Bossa.

So here's my first observations.

Masks - loads more people wearing them in Barcelona than here. Most people aren't wearing them walking down the street in Bossa. No one is wearing them in bars or restaurants but it's 50/50 people putting them on to use the bathroom. Some staff members ask you to put them on others don't seem to care. In Barcelona everyone had them on walking down the streets, and going to the bathroom. Pools and on the beach's no masks really being worn. Everyone wears them in shops.

Social Distancing - There's zero social distancing going on once you're in the bars. People only seem to be SD'ing in shops, and queues. It was pretty much the same in Barcelona.

Hotels - Based entirely on my experience at the Algarb there's one way systems with allocated times for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. When you check in you have to pick an half hour time slot for when you will eat each meal. Meals are served a lot like in Toby Carverys in the UK, its a buffet but a server puts the food on your plate.

What's open - In bossa I'd say about 15% of places are open and so far everywhere is absolutely dead. Its sad to see to be honest. Tantra, Bora Bora, Joy, Top21 are all open but as mentioned they're completely dead. I've tried to add some pics and videos but they're all too big.

Dancing - I haven't seen any signs expressing no dancing, but no one is dancing. Everyone is just sitting at their table looking a bit bored. I'm going to Las Dalias later in the week I'm hoping dancing is allowed at least around the table.

Im planning to move on to the port area later so I'll add what's going on down there, and if there's anything specific you would like to know which you think I could find out for you just drop a message in here.

Ryan

Great post! Is good to know how things are from a tourist.... I am due to fly this Friday but canceled it as don't fancy no clubbing, on my own and no dancing.... I would be bored too

Will be interesting to hear about the port, from videos I have seen looks dead also

yeah ive notice difficulty to insert image, just make screenshots of your pics in order to decrease the size
some girl wrote it was dead too in san an , i guess same in ibz harbor
beside a few spots rocking, u Have to keep busy with beaches,sunsets, exploration and restaurants touring.

Yes, I booked knowing it wouldn't be the party holiday it normally is but I must admit now I have a few drinks in me it's just sad there's no where to dance. It really doesn't add up with what's going on in Barcelona where there where plenty of places to dance.

Here's a few photos from port. Mainly near Rock bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714_224531.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714_224531.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20200714_224546.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714_224546.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20200714_224558.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714_224558.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20200714_224609.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714_224609.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 115
Probably my last post for the day.

Hardly anyone is wearing a mask in the port. Whether that be walking around or in the bars. I mean some people are but the majority aren't.

Now as a man from cold Birmingham I absolutely detest wearing a mask in this heat. If they get strict with this I absolutely won't come back until its all over. I get it we are all in this together but me walking down the street with no one around should not constitute a fine. The heat with a mask on really gets to me.

What makes it worse is the fact you must wear it walking but the people sitting in the bar terraces on the very same path you're walking down don't. It doesn't make sense. It is however much more prevalent in Barca than IBZ so far.

Probably my last post for the day.

Hardly anyone is wearing a mask in the port. Whether that be walking around or in the bars. I mean some people are but the majority aren't.

Now as a man from cold Birmingham I absolutely detest wearing a mask in this heat. If they get strict with this I absolutely won't come back until its all over. I get it we are all in this together but me walking down the street with no one around should not constitute a fine. The heat with a mask on really gets to me.

What makes it worse is the fact you must wear it walking but the people sitting in the bar terraces on the very same path you're walking down don't. It doesn't make sense. It is however much more prevalent in Barca than IBZ so far.
From brum me too, I live in Madrid now and yes face mask and the heat is very hard and unbearable...

If ibiza don't relax things a little they will loose even more tourism this year!

Also in Ibiza, but in San An. Most people on the streets wearing a mask tbh, but in bars and restaurants then barely anyone, as its not compulsory.

Itaca last night was full to the currently allowed capacity, Golden Buddha tonight and again full to capacity before and after i left, people waiting for tables the whole time we were there. West End almost derelict other than Highlander and bar opposite it. Overall its very strange in San An, seeing so many places shut and none of the 'states' getting about and not many Brits at all but still a holiday can be enjoyed with drink and nice food at night.

P.S... wearing the mask in 30 degrees, dehydrated with hangover and on the back of 60 cigs the day/night before... not for the feint hearted ?

They will indeed
Also in Ibiza, but in San An. Most people on the streets wearing a mask tbh, but in bars and restaurants then barely anyone, as its not compulsory.

Itaca last night was full to the currently allowed capacity, Golden Buddha tonight and again full to capacity before and after i left, people waiting for tables the whole time we were there. West End almost derelict other than Highlander and bar opposite it. Overall its very strange in San An, seeing so many places shut and none of the 'states' getting about and not many Brits at all but still a holiday can be enjoyed with drink and nice food at night.

P.S... wearing the mask in 30 degrees, dehydrated with hangover and on the back of 60 cigs the day/night before... not for the feint hearted ?
This does sound much better than the situation in PDB. Its so quiet. From what I've seen today I couldn't imagine people waiting for a table anywhere.

If the weather is good(as you will be aware its been a weird one today) I'm off to my favourite place Sa Trinxa. I'll report on that place tomorrow, along with the general Salinas areas.

Yes, I booked knowing it wouldn't be the party holiday it normally is but I must admit now I have a few drinks in me it's just sad there's no where to dance. It really doesn't add up with what's going on in Barcelona where there where plenty of places to dance.

Here's a few photos from port. Mainly near Rock bar.
Crickey ?

Reactions: Liv

What people are doing in Itaca if no dancing allowed ,nodding their head ,sipping drinks,talking with neighbors?..
I should bring my drums at least to keep busyif No dancing ?

The PdB beach ?
Think Nassau and the other beach bars have guests.
Ibiza seems to be only for relaxing , now

Matt and I found a cafe on Figueretas beach front that has decent wifi and good espresso's, so we have been working from there each morning. Yesterday, they went out of their way to ask us if we had masks on us..I guess just checking that they won't get in trouble and neither would we.

I've said since I've got here, I feel really confused with the rules about the masks because some people are/some people aren't and sometimes it simply makes me feel like 'well, why should I?'. Matt and I are following the guidelines most of the time. Not wearing on the promenade, but wearing it in the street in town. Wearing to walk around within a bar/restaurant, but not when sat at the table.

My observations:
  • Ibiza Town/Port feels bustling busy in the late afternoon and evening
  • Playa D'en Bossa feels absolutely dead
  • Figueretas is nice and busy in the late evening, plenty of people eating in the restaurants along the front
  • We were in Santa Eulalia yesterday afternoon for an apartment viewing. The promenade had a few people on and the restaurants along the front were half full I'd say

We're going to San An on Thursday for a couple of apartment viewings and sunset most likely, so we shall see.

I feel like there'll be a lot more police presence in San Antonio, which may lead to more people following the mask-wearing rules? I could be wrong.

Matt and I found a cafe on Figueretas beach front that has decent wifi and good espresso's, so we have been working from there each morning. Yesterday, they went out of their way to ask us if we had masks on us..I guess just checking that they won't get in trouble and neither would we.

I've said since I've got here, I feel really confused with the rules about the masks because some people are/some people aren't and sometimes it simply makes me feel like 'well, why should I?'. Matt and I are following the guidelines most of the time. Not wearing on the promenade, but wearing it in the street in town. Wearing to walk around within a bar/restaurant, but not when sat at the table.

My observations:
  • Ibiza Town/Port feels bustling busy in the late afternoon and evening
  • Playa D'en Bossa feels absolutely dead
  • Figueretas is nice and busy in the late evening, plenty of people eating in the restaurants along the front
  • We were in Santa Eulalia yesterday afternoon for an apartment viewing. The pro8menade had a few people on and the restaurants along the front were half full I'd say

We're going to San An on Thursday for a couple of apartment viewings and sunset most likely, so we shall see.

I feel like there'll be a lot more police presence in San Antonio, which may lead to more people following the mask-wearing rules? I could be wrong.
Saw police telling people to put masks on even on the promenade in San An last night...

I better screenshot the whens and dont need to (joking aside, the walkway was pretty busy with people, so understandable they were asking people)

Saw police telling people to put masks on even on the promenade in San An last night...

I better screenshot the whens and dont need to (joking aside, the walkway was pretty busy with people, so understandable they were asking people)

Yeah that makes perfect sense. I can predict the promenade in San An being pretty busy at night now Rocks Bar / Itaca / Linekars is open. I think it's actually going to be a stark contrast going over there tomorrow!

Yeah that makes perfect sense. I can predict the promenade in San An being pretty busy at night now Rocks Bar / Itaca / Linekars is open. I think it's actually going to be a stark contrast going over there tomorrow!
I was only round that part late on Monday evening and was pretty quiet then, walkway past Golden Buddha etc was really busy though last night, lots sat on the wooden deck thing too

from french contact in ibz last week, he was gutted as founding ,ibz dead.

Bora bora is quiet dead at night , 160€ bottle service required, they went

sat night 40 people
sunday night 25 people
monday night 10 people
so 40€ may worth on sat night their busiest night ? as U got dance Music there and if with a pack of 10 motivated people u can rock the place
?
a way to test my new Acs earplug 2019 edition (shape has changed, as with older ones u can loose the filters easily ) and my green sparkling Wally Lopez shades ? ?

Tantra empty.

any feedback of cuckooland ibz rock?
Deep house? house? Tech House?
price?
mood?lot of people?

do they play dance music at o'beach? i know u can enter without the booking but u have to go early
Deep house? house? Tech House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back