*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's way too early for gou to have her own night. why not have her as a regular transmoderna resident for 6 fridays or monthly at cocoon? maybe some arrangement like the one charlotte de witte has at resistance.

Over 1mil followers on the gram....
Her Printworks show is sold out and did so well in advanced. Solomun still has tickets available as a comparison

She will pull the numbers

Her Printworks show is sold out and did so well in advanced. Solomun still has tickets available as a comparison

Followers can be bought.
I don't think she can sell out in Ibiza.

Followers can be bought.
I don't think she can sell out in Ibiza.

s+1 with her as well as cocoon with her were both amongst the busiest dates for each of those parties. she does sell.

anyone thinking transmoderna might go one week dixon one week peggy? am sure pacha wouldn‘t be against that

Ibiza and clubbing in general definitely needs more female djs getting headline slots. Things are improving but there’s a fair way to go.

I’m not really a Peggy Gou fan but the missus is and if PG got her own night that would be her first choice. Bet there are lots of others who’d be well up for it and would prefer it to the chin stroking and train spotting at nights like Dixon.

PG should have gotten her own night this past season, or at least a mini residency at Blue Marlin. I just fear it might be too late for her next year even though I don't see any reason for her popularity slowing down

Yep. Think Peggy would do really well on her own, probabley be spoiled by the usual film crew wreckers on the dancefloor if she did get her own night though.

PG should have gotten her own night this past season, or at least a mini residency at Blue Marlin. I just fear it might be too late for her next year even though I don't see any reason for her popularity slowing down

why would you think it‘s too late? ?

Because a part of me thinks she maintains her popularity by keeping her appearences special and limited, and that a residency would ruin that.

Because a part of me thinks she maintains her popularity by keeping her appearences special and limited, and that a residency would ruin that.

but in that case she also shouldn‘t have had this year. I get why doing a residency can end the 'special' detail, but I don‘t get how it would be so different if it was 2019 or 2020

Ibiza and clubbing in general definitely needs more female djs getting headline slots. Things are improving but there’s a fair way to go.

I’m not really a Peggy Gou fan but the missus is and if PG got her own night that would be her first choice. Bet there are lots of others who’d be well up for it and would prefer it to the chin stroking and train spotting at nights like Dixon.

Or to put it another way, trading a Jaguar in for a Nissan Micra...

He's a good booking because he's both famous for his acting work but plays deeper house and is seen as cooler than the EDM DJ's, so attracts a good middle ground audience. From pictures I saw he and Guetta had both rooms at Hi packed this year.
i never went to see those two glorious dj‚s at HI, neither i‘m planning to ever see them.
maybe they should add will i am and paris hilton to the line up too to make it perfect for the full vip experience!

Last edited:
but in that case she also shouldn‘t have had this year. I get why doing a residency can end the 'special' detail, but I don‘t get how it would be so different if it was 2019 or 2020

I had to really think about this, and I guess I have to go back on what I said previously about her popularity not declining, because a part of me thinks it will I suppose. You have to strike while the iron is hot. I'm really mixed about this whole thing

seriously? So we‘re judging djs on their followers now, in the underground music scene?! Why not take the dj mag top 100 into account, they are a great indicator. Not.
Its a valid point. People will pay to see the popular djs just to show off that they was there, most probabley not even interested in the music.

Social media fame

seriously? So we‘re judging djs on their followers now, in the underground music scene?! Why not take the dj mag top 100 into account, they are a great indicator. Not.

people on this forum might not essentially, but the wider audience definitely judges artists by their social media appearance and following up to a certain extent. like it or not, but it's a fact.

that said, as mentioned above, peggy does attract a lot of people. I've seen it with my own eyes here on the island.

The question that I still can’t answer... Is she actually any good? Where is she on the spectrum of DJs? Is she a great selector? Is she a stick a MP3 in with a pre-planned set? I genuinely don’t know as I’ve tried to avoid the hype.

Or to put it another way, trading a Jaguar in for a Nissan Micra...
Ah no, that wasn’t my point. My point was it’s high time there are more female djs given opportunities to be headliners. It’s ridiculous how male dominated most lineups are.

Re Dixon, horses for courses, as don’t mind that sound in the car but wouldn’t want it at 3am; I’d be dozing off to sleep. But you’d probably do the same with say Aly & Fila. Peggy’s sound while not cheese is for me far more accessible than Dixon. And I go out for a good night rather than to go train spotting obscure tunes.

Last edited:
I attended Solomun +1 when PG played this summer... and I don't remember seeing Pacha so packed since maybe when I attended once FMIF in their glorious days... VIP was in full swing, bottles with fireworks all around the place, and even the rooftop was full of people, was very difficult to find a spot outside...

She had to play in a very big club in Belgium this week-end and it was completely sold out in pre-sales (but she cancelled due to illness and postponed to November).

She does attract the numbers for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back