*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can‘t see pacha not continuing with dixon next year. maybe with some changes, but not giving transmoderna a second season would genuinely surprise me a lot.

don‘t forget that for pacha the tables are an important factor in the entire result and from what I know, compared to other similar parties in the past (cocoon, mosaic, even back to wisdom of the glove), that area has worked far better with transmoderna this summer already.

here's a bit of info.

solomun's already confirmed for staying at pacha.
and even though there seem to be some people suggesting otherwise, I very much think carola/music on will also stay. just a matter of time until it'll officially get confirmed me thinks.

To touch on the Carola / Music on I am interested to know what makes you think he won't stay at Pacha for a 2nd year?
The Destino with Pacha was a huge success no and no doubt a huge cost which must be worked out to be offset over so many years

I would also imagine the sound system at Pacha plays a huge roll on musicon when the night is solely focused on the bare bones of the music. Same can be said with Solomun

To touch on the Carola / Music on I am interested to know what makes you think he won't stay at Pacha for a 2nd year?
The Destino with Pacha was a huge success no and no doubt a huge cost which must be worked out to be offset over so many years

I would also imagine the sound system at Pacha plays a huge roll on musicon when the night is solely focused on the bare bones of the music. Same can be said with Solomun

I said I am sure he will stay didn‘t I?

I can‘t see pacha not continuing with dixon next year. maybe with some changes, but not giving transmoderna a second season would genuinely surprise me a lot.

I was thinking more a case of would he want to keep going for another year? I didn't go so can't speak for anyone on this just I know it was a big thing for him and he had resisted offers before.

A weekly run of Peggy/Marco/Dixon and Solomun would be a little too much of one thing? Or maybe not?

I was thinking more a case of would he want to keep going for another year? I didn't go so can't speak for anyone on this just I know it was a big thing for him and he had resisted offers before.

A weekly run of Peggy/Marco/Dixon and Solomun would be a little too much of one thing? Or maybe not?

to your first sentence, especially since it was such a big thing for him to 'finally' do a residency, I'm also pretty sure he didn't do it with the idea of it just being a one-year thing but something that would last for a while.

to your second question - yeah, true, that might be overdoing things.

Why not ? Maybe they earn enough money. The thing is : Is there enough space for special evenings like flower power and so on ?

I seriously doubt there is an overlap between Music On, Transmoderna/Solomun +1 and Peggy Gou.

Musically only overlap is i think Transmoderna and Solomun +1. Music on is pure tech house, i find it a bit boring but i understand that it has its huge own fanbase as a genre. Peggy Gou's music, well i dont know how to categorise it but i don't think it overlaps with any of these.

Since techno is not such a good fit at Pacha, they are trying to reach every subgenre of house probably. Which makes sense.

I seriously doubt there is an overlap between Music On, Transmoderna/Solomun +1 and Peggy Gou.

Musically only overlap is i think Transmoderna and Solomun +1. Music on is pure tech house, i find it a bit boring but i understand that it has its huge own fanbase as a genre. Peggy Gou's music, well i dont know how to categorise it but i don't think it overlaps with any of these.

Since techno is not such a good fit at Pacha, they are trying to reach every subgenre of house probably. Which makes sense.

I think it is worth highlighting where the DJ stands at Pacha... That is very important to the likes of these 3 heavy weights. Personally I am with you I don't see an overlap when you have 7 days in a week

However... It will make Pacha a little less diverse with their offerings. Though I suppose it becomes a master of one rather than a jack of all trades like Amnesia was.
Add to that it shouldn't be a club that will want to be open 7 days a week

what I think everyone should keep in mind is the fact that hardly anyone coming to ibiza is a 'style hardliner' - meaning people do go to parties with different music styles while they're here.

and if you consider that, then I do think it'd be a risk for pacha to add a separate gou-led night to what they already have. because the target group is a very similar one and as we well know, hardly anyone goes to the same club more than twice during their stay (if even that!)

what I think everyone should keep in mind is the fact that hardly anyone coming to ibiza is a 'style hardliner' - meaning people do go to parties with different music styles while they're here.

and if you consider that, then I do think it'd be a risk for pacha to add a separate gou-led night to what they already have. because the target group is a very similar one and as we well know, hardly anyone goes to the same club more than twice during their stay (if even that!)

If the shift/ trend for the island visits really are extended weekends or 3-4 day stays, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Apparently people staying two weeks (or more) are going the way of the carrier pigeon :lol:.

I would guess shine stays at eden, an announcement is coming very soooooon I think. amnesia is too big a venue for them IMO but prove me wrong

shine is back at eden next year.

told you the announcement would come soooooooon :)

Blimey. At this rate it will all be announced by Christmas and we’ll have nothing to talk about next year!

ha. that's not gonna happen.
but compared to when I started with spotlight (which is now nearly 8 years ago), the announcements definitely start way earlier. but as every year, the last ones will announce in may!

Looks like Idris Elba is back at Hi next year per his IG.

He's a good booking because he's both famous for his acting work but plays deeper house and is seen as cooler than the EDM DJ's, so attracts a good middle ground audience. From pictures I saw he and Guetta had both rooms at Hi packed this year.

For me , having 4 nights a week with "similar sound " it’s too much . I think Pacha did the same mistake in the past ( when they fired Danny whittle , Mark netto) and went from 4,5 quiet commercial one to 3,4 underground one !

I think it's way too early for gou to have her own night. why not have her as a regular transmoderna resident for 6 fridays or monthly at cocoon? maybe some arrangement like the one charlotte de witte has at resistance.

I think it's way too early for gou to have her own night. why not have her as a regular transmoderna resident for 6 fridays or monthly at cocoon? maybe some arrangement like charlotte de witte has at resistance.

Why would Dixon want her? Seem different styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back