*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much gossip, but an observation.

... and before reading, I really don't want to get into a debate on the farcical nature of said poll, we've had that before and this isn't the place, but...

Dimirtri Vegas & Like Mike won DJ Mag's Top 100 DJ poll this past weekend, and not a single post of recognition by Ushuaia. Seems weird

I'm thinking Transmoderna will come back for season 2. On my date it was definitely busier than the Labyrinth date I went to in 2018 but can't maybe really compare since that was in July and Transmoderna was Sept.

They just need a little bit stronger guests and it'll be fine but who knows what the other clubs will do. I think Amnesia will try another Friday event too

Not so much gossip, but an observation.

... and before reading, I really don't want to get into a debate on the farcical nature of said poll, we've had that before and this isn't the place, but...

Dimirtri Vegas & Like Mike won DJ Mag's Top 100 DJ poll this past weekend, and not a single post of recognition by Ushuaia. Seems weird

Are they even popular? How did their party do at Ushuaia?

Just a rumor overheard at ADE...
It's not just Pacha and BMI that will be announcing stuff way earlier than last year.

Stivi , what do you think : When will the first Pre Partys in the bigger Clubs ?Last year it was the last week in April / first week in May ( Heart , Pacha )
Was it full ?

Stivi , what do you think : When will the first Pre Partys in the bigger Clubs ?Last year it was the last week in April / first week in May ( Heart , Pacha )
Was it full ?

seeing easter weekend is 10-12 april, I think that‘s when it all might start again in 2020. this is simply an estimation though, so absolutely no guarantee on it

Are they even popular? How did their party do at Ushuaia?

Their fame is unusual in that they shift a lot of tickets and top a lot of polls...but aside from Tremor which is almost 6 years old they have rarely been on commerical radio. While EDM isnt topping the charts like it was Guetta and Tiesto are still getting airplay with their pop efforts. So I'm never clear just where DVLM get their fanbase from.

Saw them once at Hi as part of Cream and it was horrendous, like an aerobics class, being told to Jump! Singoffs between left and right parts of the crowd. Dreaful.

Definately a lot of buying of votes going on for the DJ awards though, but thats a whole other topic lets not derail!

Their fame is unusual in that they shift a lot of tickets and top a lot of polls...but aside from Tremor which is almost 6 years old they have rarely been on commerical radio. While EDM isnt topping the charts like it was Guetta and Tiesto are still getting airplay with their pop efforts. So I'm never clear just where DVLM get their fanbase from.

Saw them once at Hi as part of Cream and it was horrendous, like an aerobics class, being told to Jump! Singoffs between left and right parts of the crowd. Dreaful.

Definately a lot of buying of votes going on for the DJ awards though, but thats a whole other topic lets not derail!

yeah I assume they are buying votes because they are definitely not as popular as some of the other guys in the top 10.

also - we were speaking about this in another thread recently, but it also fits here. personally I think space is gone gone...
Indeed. It was gone gone as soon as the last people left the building! If space 2.0 was to arrive it would have done the following summer. Pepe only had the best part of three decades to prepare for the lease ending!

The only way it will return is if he sells the naming rights and it becomes attached to an existing club. Sankeys was the obvious answer if that was to be the strategy. I’m pretty sure someone will pick up the strategy at some point in the future but it may well be decade or so away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds horrendous but each time their own. Isn’t their market primarily USA and Vegas specifically? Never knowingly heard a single track of theirs but they have a v strong media presence and I get the sense that they built long standing dj careers based on their initial commercial pop success and edm becoming popular.

i think dj mag have done a lot to minimise interference in the poll. The poll is farcical and an embarrassment to an otherwise well regarded mag. This kind of accusation goes back over 15 years when a reputable dj called Gordon Kaye appeared from nowhere to land at number 11 and vanished again the following year. They made a big deal of cleaning it up. Whether they have us another matter altogether. The clean up was of course pre Russian intelligence!

Last edited by a moderator:
@stivi what kind if winter schedule do you think we might see at pacha, octan and elsewhere after Halloween?

Sounds horrendous but each time their own. Isn’t their market primarily USA and Vegas specifically? Never knowingly heard a single track of theirs but they have a v strong media presence and I get the sense that they built long standing dj careers based on their initial commercial pop success and edm becoming popular.

i think dj mag have done a lot to minimise interference in the poll. The poll is farcical and an embarrassment to an otherwise well regarded mag. This kind of accusation goes back over 15 years when a reputable dj called Gordon Kaye appeared from nowhere to land at number 11 and vanished again the following year. They made a big deal of cleaning it up. Whether they have us another matter altogether. The clean up was of course pre Russian intelligence!

Still a few suspect entries to me. Even if we are treating it purely as a Commerical/EDM list what is Calvin Harris doing down at Number 19, he is both having chart hits and earning a fortune yet he's behind R3hab, Kshmr and Don Diablo who I generally only hear about from remixes. Understand its a global list and places like China are more into Dance music than they used to be, but still a few iffy entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back