*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question that I still can’t answer... Is she actually any good? Where is she on the spectrum of DJs? Is she a great selector? Is she a stick a MP3 in with a pre-planned set? I genuinely don’t know as I’ve tried to avoid the hype.
I tend to avoid djs with a hype for the reason I have stated unless i've seen him/her first, or unless I just generally like a few tracks. Haven't heard much about her until I saw her

First time i saw her was at connect in dusseldorf as my mate kept banging on about how good she was when he saw her at creamfields.

I listened to some tracks and they are quite funky, with similar sounds to disco. At connect she adjusted her set to suit the night and she played a blinder, hard kicks, fast bpm, acid sounds.

I was impressed, would like to see her again doing her own genre though.

The question that I still can’t answer... Is she actually any good? Where is she on the spectrum of DJs? Is she a great selector? Is she a stick a MP3 in with a pre-planned set? I genuinely don’t know as I’ve tried to avoid the hype.

What better way to judge than her own set from Ibiza this year. What do you think

Her name on a lineup wouldn't personally swing things or not for me, but in my opinion she gets a bit on unnecessary criticism due to her high profile.

I do actually think she is a good dj/selector and producer, but the glitz and glamour and her looks is an easy excuse for people to criticise her.

Her name on a lineup wouldn't personally swing things or not for me, but in my opinion she gets a bit on unnecessary criticism due to her high profile.

I do actually think she is a good dj/selector and producer, but the glitz and glamour and her looks is an easy excuse for people to criticise her.
Well said.

She has good ghost producers and an amazing marketing team.
Do you know that or could it be she is a good producer with an amazing marketing team?

She can read music and plays an instrument to a high level as a result of being a classically trained pianist. She has also publicly stated she has taken a lot of lessons in production. It’s interesting that she gets a lot more scrutiny than many, many others that have a higher standing but nowhere near as solid musical background and credibility. I’m not a fan of Peggy’s output and I do recognise we are in the fake era but it’s a bit rich to see that the same scrutiny isn’t applied to others that are emptier vessels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gou.. hmm. Ok. Her name was on a couple of tracks i liked last year. Whether she had an actual hand in them or not herself is open to debate. A couple of veteran (but not especially sexist) producers i've spoken to have their suspicions.

Reminds me slightly of the lana de rey furore on all the blogs a few years back. This is the 'fake' era after all.. nobody's going to go public without proof though. So she can have the benefit of the doubt.

Dj-wise, there's no hiding place. i had higher hopes (after clips i'd seen in London) only to then hear her knock out some really boring set here last year with no care for the system (probably hogging the red zone) and which could've been anyone tbh...

Ibz however might think she's a bankable star, opens up new markets, win-win on every level.

Replacing dixon would be utterly nuts though imho.

Replacing dixon would be utterly nuts though imho.

Well we have to hope this is just silly season talk! If she replaced Dixon, then Sven would have been spot on in his recent groove magazine interview with regards to Pacha.... “they are finance people who do not understand club culture, who do not care about artist development. They also have no patience to have a club night develop itself during the course of the season”.

Let’s hope Pacha prove us wrong!

As Stivi said in his end of year review “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.

Well we have to hope this is just silly season talk! If she replaced Dixon, then Sven would have been spot on in his recent groove magazine interview with regards to Pacha.... “they are finance people who do not understand club culture, who do not care about artist development. They also have no patience to have a club night develop itself during the course of the season”.

Let’s hope Pacha prove us wrong!

As Stivi said in his end of year review “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.
That’s jumping to the conclusion that it’s Pacha and not Dixon that didn’t want the second season, if that comes to happen. It’s the time for rumour and gossip, as you allude to. As for Sven, he says and does a lot of things that are at odds with each other and always has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because a part of me thinks she maintains her popularity by keeping her appearences special and limited, and that a residency would ruin that.

I was going to add this point to my original post

Also you could argue would she be cut out for it? she has cancelled on a few occasions last minute in the past and let a lot of fans down. She is a busy woman I couldn't see her doing a residency

seriously? So we‘re judging djs on their followers now, in the underground music scene?! Why not take the dj mag top 100 into account, they are a great indicator. Not.

No one is judging a DJ based on numbers.
It is an indication that she has a strong following. She is popular.

I think everyone here are late to the BBQ AGAIN with PG.. like @FallenangelGparsons this year only hearing about ethos house or whatever the hell he calls it ? she's happy now with the fashion shows ,free clothes and interviews with vouge.. come to think of it a bit like Dixon's make over this year for for transmoderna.. people asking him What shirt he's wearing...lol..

Richard Quest interview with CNN

Last edited:
The Pacha group plans to expand in Asia and America, reform El Hotel... and get rid of some of their staff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back