*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
pacha has a total of 4 rooms (main/funky/global/pachacha) but apart from pachacha they can all be opened up to be part of the main room. last year for solomun they did that. pachacha is non-electronic normally.
Really?! How on earth does this work, like how do they get rid of walls!

What genre of techno music would you say solomun plays...soulful techno etc? I aam really looking forward to going...i love pacha anyway, one of my fav clubs

What genre of techno music would you say solomun plays...soulful techno etc? I aam really looking forward to going...i love pacha anyway, one of my fav clubs

It's hard to categorize... but I would describe it as somewhere between deep house and melodic techno. Although sometimes dark, very uplifting.

Solomun+1 is easily my second favourite night on the island. After Cocoon of course :D

It's hard to categorize... but I would describe it as somewhere between deep house and melodic techno. Although sometimes dark, very uplifting.

Solomun+1 is easily my second favourite night on the island. After Cocoon of course :D
Thanks....good to know....of course cocoon number 1 for u wudnt expect anything less;)

6 dates for Ricardo is what he had last season too, so that's aite...I always seem to luck out in getting him and with the 2 mondays I have, so I think there's a strong possibility I get him again. Gonna bring wear my Walt Disney World Mickey Mouse tank top as always if he does come!

One date in Aug. last year it was him, Seth Troxler, Craig Richards on the terrace and main room was Sven and Ame which musta been insane-o

Got to say i am pleasantly suprised at the announcements so far for the coming season. I know the popular thing to do on here is slag off the new school and rant on about the old days being the best but if we forget what it was like 100 years ago and compare it to the last few seasons then its looking good. if im honest Hi has suprised me with the black coffee, glitterbox and in the dark nights. I expected 7 nights edm so to have those 3 as an option means i might just give the place a try. The unusual suspects 6 day parties, defected making an effort to put san an back on the clubbing map and of course privi making a comback with some huge nights. Add all that to the usual circo, cocoon, solomun+1 ect and there are some cracking nights on offer

whats underground about Hi thursdays? nothing :D

It's that underground debate that keeps raging. It is underground in the sense that it's off-the-radar? Nope, of course not. It's a heavily commercialized marketed product.

Is it underground to you, I, and most on these forums who are into electronic music? No. We know these guys for years and see them on just about every festival line-up going.

Is it underground to the casual clubber in Ibiza? Maybe. They might recognise a few of the names. They will of course be swayed by the swish new venue. After they've been over the road at Axwell & Ingrosso or Hardwell or Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike they might well check it out.

It is underground to the everyman on the street who "can't stand this modern rubbish on the radio"? Yes, absolutely.

I'll reiterate a previous point: "underground" doesn't necessarily denote quality.
Joe Bloggs making beats on a ripped version of Logic in his bedroom uploaded to sound cloud at 128kbps with 5 listens is underground.

What's everyone thoughts on HYTE? Only night not confirmed at Amnesia yet either

I've never been (to their Ibiza event), so I'm really ill-advised to comment on this, but...

Part of the reason I have never been is because I'm in Ibiza for a few days. Maybe a week max. If I'm going to Amnesia, I'm going for Cocoon firstly, and Music On secondly. (for many, those will the other way around - but that is by-the-by).
Chances are I'm not going to hit the same venue twice. And three-times in such a short period of time is just a no from me. Maybe if I was out for the season... who knows? I'd almost certainly opt for this over the crowds at Paradise.

That said... I'm impressed that they have ridden-out to their third season (this is assuming they are back - I think Stivi has indicated that they are)
Previously I had written them off as I couldn't see three tech nights a week working at Amnesia.

Well? here we are. Music On certainly hasn't struggled. Cocoon is going nowhere. And Hyte is still getting invited back* (TBC)
Perhaps this is indicative of the popularity of "techno" at the moment.

In terms of their global business model, I am really impressed, and I think they throw great events - I was at Hyte NYE in Berlin, fantastic.

For me, Hyte's strength lies in their undercard: Liebing, Mar-T, Cuartero, Tobi Neumann. But as good as these guys are, alone, they don't get feet through the door.
Pan-Pot to a lesser degree - but they also play at other parties incl. Music On.

Hyte also pull one-off guests out the bag: Harvey, Caribou, Kenny Dope.

Throw in the FUSE guys as well: Enzo, Archie - suddenly your roster is looking really strong. But still how many casual clubbers are gonna come?

Personally, LOCO DICE bores the hell out of me nowadays and I think he's had he's day. Buuuuuut, guess that is my personal feeling. Obviously he is still a draw.
I thought losing Maceo last summer would hurt them a little, but actually having Dice most weeks at least gave them some continuity. And numbers did improve vs. year 1 I think it would be correct to say. So their stock is rising.

I would really like to see them develop a really strong identity and challenge Music On, as - I think - the music is probably better (to my taste) and the crowd more clued-up and less argy-bargy. But Music On have Carola. And - love him or hate him - he has serious pull. I don't think Dice is the talisman to compete on anywhere near the same level. So in my mind, this is not going to happen.

I guess they are loyal to Amnesia with Mar-T being heavily involved, but I felt for sure that they were spying a Coxy-sized hole post 2016, and they were playing the long-game by launching in 2015 and just biding their time. To me, them jumping ship to Hï would've been the risk worth taking.

Finally they could've jumped out of the shadows of Cocoon & Music On. Maybe, maybe they were banking on Carola jumping ship himself. Who knows? Just my 2 cent.

Last edited:
+1
I Hate HYTE party , i went there first day of my closing, mates love it but do i have to mention they were on D...z :D but their afterpary in es cubels must be great & todo list
Locodice bored me too, "No loco No party" wot a feuckin shit words :lol: no more phat dope shit (i even give a try in Rex club to convince, same result as his party used & abused :confused:)
when bringin mates to dc10 (just a drop as i can't cope with this party that day) ibz aug 16 & playin his track in the car famous spotlight vet "Fusion" was happilly surprised i had this track in my playlist , i bought the dc10 cd, instead of going to dc10 that summer :rolleyes:

Last edited:

This description of Solomon has sold it for me! Think ill deffo be making my first Pacha appearance this summer now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back