*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example I love Apollonia and have just seen them at fabric last weekend and again were amazing! They will hopefully be playing Music On again this summer but you wouldn't see them at Cocoon.

I couldn't agree more.

This is exactly what I dislike about Music on. It really is the kool kidz party. Generally speaking uncomfortably busy with a moody crowd, mainly there because they've come to dress all in black and say they've seen Carola. Cocoon on the other hand is perfectly busy, with a great crowd, very diverse and musically educated. The music at Cocoon is far more diverse too across both rooms, unlike Music oN which for me can get quite generic.

It's not to say I won't attend the party again - but I for one wouldn't put Music On and Cocoon in the same league.

This is all very true, but all about phases right! Cocoon is perfect now in terms of line-ups, crowd and numbers. Cocoon back in mid-00s with little competition was a complete and utter road-block and people used to moan about it like we all moan about MusicON now. I mean the busiest I have ever been in any club in the World was Cocoon towards the end of September in c2007/8. @stivi - when would you say Cocoon peaked in terms of numbers?

I think Music On gets a lot of stick on here just because it gets very busy and has a younger crowd. Not everyone who goes is only there to say they have been to Music On, I'm sure there are thousands who have done this with Cocoon in the past

How long have we got to wait around for the cocoon line ups then stivi seeing as your teasing us!

artist list coming on timewarp weekend. night by night line ups a few weeks after that.

This is all very true, but all about phases right! Cocoon is perfect now in terms of line-ups, crowd and numbers. Cocoon back in mid-00s with little competition was a complete and utter road-block and people used to moan about it like we all moan about MusicON now. I mean the busiest I have ever been in any club in the World was Cocoon towards the end of September in c2007/8. @stivi - when would you say Cocoon peaked in terms of numbers?

very true @mr_why ...for all those on here that only started going to ibiza from about 2012 onwards...cocoon used to be JUST as packed as music on nowadays. I think seasons 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the craziest ones.

I think Music On gets a lot of stick on here just because it gets very busy and has a younger crowd. Not everyone who goes is only there to say they have been to Music On, I'm sure there are thousands who have done this with Cocoon in the past

of course, this is true. cocoon also used to be the party for the kool kidz. 10 years ago.

This is true. But I think the issue a lot of us had with it [Musis on] over the years is not how busy and how young the crowd is - more it was never the most friendly crowd. I can't speak for last season as never went - but well documented that in the past it was a very male, aggressive, black t-shirt, unhappy crowd that like gardening coca plants...

This is true. But I think the issue a lot of us had with it [Musis on] over the years is not how busy and how young the crowd is - more it was never the most friendly crowd. I can't speak for last season as never went - but well documented that in the past it was a very male, aggressive, black t-shirt, unhappy crowd that like gardening coca plants...
This a a fair point! I didn't really pay to much attention to the crowd just noticed how f***ing busy it was! I can understand the type of person who goes tho but if the crowd did shift to a more uplifting and happy crowd then I think this would be really strong night.

Last edited:
Cocoon is the most consistent night on the island, easily the best dancefloor. Mix of people is great, lots of nationalities, different ages, all there for the music.

Sven playing all night long on the Amnesia terrace is something you have to do.

Music On ? Flavour of the month, hipster central, come speak to me in 15 years.

What's everyone thoughts on HYTE? Only night not confirmed at Amnesia yet either

It's basically Loco Dice's and Liebing's residencies and for me personally it's not my type of sound. Just over the tech-house genre.

I do like the other guests they bring, like Caribou. I went to the Caribou night last year and it was interesting seeing an electronica- rock concert of that nature on the island, especially a Canadian one !

I'm only 24 years old, so hardly a seasoned veteran. Similar to what others have said its not necessarily how packed it gets, its the general vibe. It's all very much heads down, all wear black and don't smile tech house. I mean look at Carola, as much as I like the bloke and he's a great DJ he probably hasn't smiled since 2007. Cocoon (as much as I'm only talking from 2012 onwards) just has a great, friendly and diverse atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back