*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off subject here (sorry) but apart from Cocoon what other nights do you visit regularly throughout the season?

up until last year I did lots of space sundays, tuesdays and thursdays. amnesia mondays, sometimes with dc10 beforehand. pacha sundays. stuff like that.

we'll see about this year!

Cocoon is just consistently brilliant imho, without being flavour of the month. It's not the party on the cool kids current it-list - and it's all the better for it.
I feel like they have found an equilibrium where they are happy with their current standing.

(awaits ppl telling him that Cocoon is a commercial brand like every other and the soul of Ibiza is dead)

I've only been to onc cocoon event and that was last years closing and that was surprisingly very spacious! Atleast compared to Music on Closing a couple nights before. Is this always the case with Cocoon or was this a one off?

they HAD lost steam when music on, vagabundos and ENTER all were new. they did dive in 2012-2013/4, but since then are on the up again.
as for this year, let's discuss this once the line ups are out ;)

Cocoon is no doubt my favorite. I like Solomun's party too. Would love to see it get even more stream. Mano Mano Mano!!! He would have much to gain getting his Maeve boys so more exposure. More Innervisions too of course. Okay I'm done and will be patient now. :)

I've only been to onc cocoon event and that was last years closing and that was surprisingly very spacious! Atleast compared to Music on Closing a couple nights before. Is this always the case with Cocoon or was this a one off?

it's definitely not as packed as music on.

but just as WIC said above, it's not the party for the kool kidz nowadays. and lots of people that actually enjoy having a little space to dance. cocoon nowadays is mostly just 'perfectly busy'.

I've only been to onc cocoon event and that was last years closing and that was surprisingly very spacious!

For me personally, that party was the right kind of busy: plenty enough people for a great atmosphere. But equally loads of room to never feel claustrophobic.

as for mano le tough I believe he's going to be a father soon and I think because of that he will play a lot less this summer generally.

For me personally, that party was the right kind of busy: plenty enough people for a great atmosphere. But equally loads of room to never feel claustrophobic.
I agree it was very nice! I was in between the 2 podium bits on the terrace and from 6 onwards there was so much room there. Was the only time all holiday our whole group was together in one space without feeling cramped in.

it's definitely not as packed as music on.

but just as WIC said above, it's not the party for the kool kidz nowadays. and lots of people that actually enjoy having a little space to dance. cocoon nowadays is mostly just 'perfectly busy'.

I couldn't agree more.

This is exactly what I dislike about Music on. It really is the kool kidz party. Generally speaking uncomfortably busy with a moody crowd, mainly there because they've come to dress all in black and say they've seen Carola. Cocoon on the other hand is perfectly busy, with a great crowd, very diverse and musically educated. The music at Cocoon is far more diverse too across both rooms, unlike Music oN which for me can get quite generic.

It's not to say I won't attend the party again - but I for one wouldn't put Music On and Cocoon in the same league.

Hoping for the usual early august Ricardo/Craig Richards/Troxler fixture. May be my only shot at going this summer.

I would really like to catch Sven in the main room, but with opening and closing booked up I then need to push for a third trip to Ibiza this season. How that will go down with the misses, I wouldn't even like to imagine :eek:

Talking of Luciano (he has been hit & miss when I have seen him going back 2-3 years), some friends saw him play at Cocoon and Circoloco last season and said that he was back to his best (limited use of loops and harder techno)

Reading the comments here I guess that is not the general consensus.

Ilario is good, I saw him at Paradise and he played a nice warm-up techno set. He was certainly better than Jamie Jones or Claude Von Stroke, the bigger jocks of that night.

It's just that seeing Luciano at Cocoon was one of the best clubbing experiences I've EVER had. I feel he fits that night so well, he played some obvious underground tracks but it was nice to hear, they were placed in the set well. The terrace was jam packed, I just had so much fun.

I don't think he works well outside of it but I could be wrong...does this mean he'll have no dates for Cocoon? I always wanted to see him specifically at Amnesia, and I got to for the first time at the holiest of all venues.

Him, Ricardo and Sven just fit that place so well and it sucks to see one of the pieces missing potentially.

As for Thursday at HI, I thought Richie would be coming back as per that earlier Cox interview? Maybe he still will as there's still Sunday but I don't mind Joris and Nic for one of those Thursdays, especially if they just played the whole night and not just 3 hours, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Couldn't agree more. If anything brings me to Ibiza this year, it'll be Cocoon, possibly bookended by Solomon +1 and Privilege (as much out of curiosity as anything as I've not been there since '99!)

So we're not really any clearer on the Lawler/Warriors/Sankeys situation after the In the Dark announcement then? ....OR are we?

I couldn't agree more.

This is exactly what I dislike about Music on. It really is the kool kidz party. Generally speaking uncomfortably busy with a moody crowd, mainly there because they've come to dress all in black and say they've seen Carola. Cocoon on the other hand is perfectly busy, with a great crowd. The music at Cocoon is far more diverse too across both rooms, unlike Music oN which for me can get quite generic.

It's not to say I won't attend the party again - but I for one wouldn't put Music On and Cocoon in the same league.
I do get you point but I would say both nights have play different types of music so they cant be compared. Cocoon is a much more in your face heavy techno and Music on Tends to feature more tech-house side to the genre. I think both nights are very good and if you took away the business of music on would be just as good. That is only my opinion because I like both types of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back