*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people like Nic F have surley left more solid residencys that they had to host only a few nights over the whole season? I thought Nic was trying to push his We are The Night brand?

Also people like Nic F have surley left more solid residencys that they had to host only a few nights over the whole season? I thought Nic was trying to push his We are The Night brand?

i get the feeling that last years Pacha Fridays being split between Vagabundos, Knee Deep & We are the night - was to test the waters
looks like Knee Deep/Hot Since 82 was the one to pull more in
perhaps thats led Fanciulli to take a step back?

i get the feeling that last years Pacha Fridays being split between Vagabundos, Knee Deep & We are the night - was to test the waters
looks like Knee Deep/Hot Since 82 was the one to pull more in
perhaps thats led Fanciulli to take a step back?
Yeah I suppose, that does make sense! This night at Hi is basically a reinvention of Insane at Pacha last year then!

I'm actually rather glad this is how the Thursday turned out as it hasn't given me ANOTHER event to try to decide from on Thursdays!

ok so cocoon 2017...

more artists to be announced soon (as they started with beyer and ilario). looking really strong again this year. surprises coming too.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MONDAY NIGHTS.
I wonder what your favourite night in Ibiza is??? Don't think anyone would guess! :rolleyes:

Going on personal preference here.

But i think Hi Thursdays looks like a belter. Musically all DJ's i love; and never really encounter a flat set when i see any of them.

Cocoon predictions: 1 x Cox, 1 x Josh Wink, 1 x Richie, 1 x Seth, 1 x Lucien
Surely several dates for Nina, tINI, Ame, Dixon, Ricardo
Personally I hope we see some more of Tim Green, Mathias Kaden, KiNK, Mano Le Tough

hahahaha yeah. very hard to guess I know.
never made a secret out of it though.

but once the line ups are out, you'll agree.

Going off subject here (sorry) but apart from Cocoon what other nights do you visit regularly throughout the season?

you're probably right, but what's the way forward?

- keep on someone who still has a loyal following but has been on the decline for a while already?
- push someone who is on the rise and presents the future?

Of course, at some point you have to cut losses on anything falling. But didn't they try and push Mathias Kaden a few years ago and now he no longer plays for Cocoon. (I liked him, but last I saw he was at El row and didn't enjoy his set). Ilario has been loyal to Cocoon but is the idea to make him a headliner there? That will not cut it. He needs Sven or Ricardo on that line up or the party is going to be thin. Seems Cocoon is losing some steam with all of the competition, poached talent. I think announcing some a:Rpia:r guys or RPR soundsystem for 7 days could create more hype. But even that, it was a given that Ilario and RPR guys were probably going to be there 7 nights anyway. What to do???

Cocoon predictions: 1 x Cox, 1 x Josh Wink, 1 x Richie, 1 x Seth, 1 x Lucien
Surely several dates for Nina, tINI, Ame, Dixon, Ricardo
Personally I hope we see some more of Tim Green, Mathias Kaden, KiNK, Mano Le Tough

some of those predictions are good and some are way off!

hahahaha yeah. very hard to guess I know.
never made a secret out of it though.

but once the line ups are out, you'll agree.
The closing last year was in fact my first sight of cocoon in Ibiza! Was very impressed by it I've got 2 Mondays out there this year so hoping I get at least 1 very good one! Would love to get a Ricardo date!

Of course, at some point you have to cut losses on anything falling. But didn't they try and push Mathias Kaden a few years ago and now he no longer plays for Cocoon. (I liked him, but last I saw he was at El row and didn't enjoy his set). Ilario has been loyal to Cocoon but is the idea to make him a headliner there? That will not cut it. He needs Sven or Ricardo on that line up or the party is going to be thin. Seems Cocoon is losing some steam with all of the competition, poached talent. I think announcing some a:Rpia:r guys or RPR soundsystem for 7 days could create more hype. But even that, it was a given that Ilario and RPR guys were probably going to be there 7 nights anyway. What to do???
RPR and Cocoon?? I have never seen that on a line up!! RPR together have been some of my best nights ever, especially at Fabric in London 2 years ago, what a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back