*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luciano is tired but still has a bigger draw for cocoon than Ilario no doubt. Very few people are attending cocoon to see Ilario. Luciano has a much stronger following.

Yeah, fair enough. I agree with that. I was mostly referring to Beyer's pull vs Luciano's.

Will Luciano play anymore than 1 or 2 dates though? Usually he covers a non-Sven date at the start of the season.

Luciano is tired but still has a bigger draw for cocoon than Ilario no doubt. Very few people are attending cocoon to see Ilario. Luciano has a much stronger following.

you're probably right, but what's the way forward?

- keep on someone who still has a loyal following but has been on the decline for a while already?
- push someone who is on the rise and presents the future?

Talking of Luciano (he has been hit & miss when I have seen him going back 2-3 years), some friends saw him play at Cocoon and Circoloco last season and said that he was back to his best (limited use of loops and harder techno)

Reading the comments here I guess that is not the general consensus.

you're probably right, but what's the way forward?

- keep on someone who still has a loyal following but has been on the decline for a while already?
- push someone who is on the rise and presents the future?

should all be about the balance
book that established dj now and then - but push the future more prominently

So probably no Luciano at cocoon this year. Thursdays at hi should have been predictable after the opening party line-up. Is there anywhere left for Hawtin to have a residency on the island or will he just be popping up for his annual cocoon and maybe a mosaic?

So probably no Luciano at cocoon this year. Thursdays at hi should have been predictable after the opening party line-up. Is there anywhere left for Hawtin to have a residency on the island or will he just be popping up for his annual cocoon and maybe a mosaic?

i'll guess that he'll pop up across a few nights - Cocoon, Mosaic, Solomun+1..maybe even In The Dark
But perhaps 1 or 2 "event" types (somewhere with a night not tied to a residency) showcasing his new concept?

i'll guess that he'll pop up across a few nights - Cocoon, Mosaic, Solomun+1..maybe even In The Dark
But perhaps 1 or 2 "event" types (somewhere with a night not tied to a residency) showcasing his new concept?
Where's left that he could fit his "concept "?

Maybe I am just in a bad mood today, but could "In The Dark" be MORE predictable if it tried?

Luciano
Steve Lawler
Kölsch
Nic Fanciulli
Joris Voorn
None of these or any other night tbh are making me say 'wow I need to get to Hi' very predictable and rather boring imo

None of these or any other night tbh are making me say 'wow I need to get to Hi' very predictable and rather boring imo

You can't blame them in their first year I suppose. All I will say (and I know I am a Pacha fan), is that Hi is making Pacha's line-up look forward thinking....At least they are taking some chances i.e. Mosiac and Labyrinth.

You can't blame them in their first year I suppose. All I will say (and I know I am a Pacha fan), is that Hi is making Pacha's line-up look forward thinking....At least they are taking some chances i.e. Mosiac and Labyrinth.
I agree! I was atleast expecting something abit new tbh because this night is basically going to be very similar to Ants! So they now have Ants, This and black coffee which are all basically the same event! I thought this Thursday may have been used to try something abit different and forward thinking or even controversial and bring hawtin in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back