*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ love Dennis Ferrer too although I seem to remember Mr FallingGParsons (I think?) giving him a good slagging on here a few months back! if anyone has any recent set reports please share!

The consensus of this forum over the last few years with Ferrer has evolved from boring i.e. 2013 to solid in 2014 to top of his game in 2015/16

can we bring this back being about gossip now please? I don't want to start deleting sh*tloads of posts which are off-topic. thanks.

out of respect for the gossip thread maybe there should be a ***Ibiza Conflict 2017*** thread or at least a ***Troll of the year thread***...or for good lighthearted fun of course

@The1likejose didn't quite get your top of the pop reference mate...don't you remember I'm 'amerikkkan'

If a recent interview by Hot Since 82 was correct then it looks like he is curating all 20 dates at Pacha on a Friday. Though the interview was slightly vague and unclear. However "Insane" has disappeared from the Pacha website, so assume that "Knee Deep in Ibiza" has a full residency?

When does Pacha announce normally?

When does Pacha announce normally?

Nights or lineups? I think they have announced every night this year (apart from Friday). In terms of full line-ups in the past it has been usually end of April (1 month out from opening).... but a lot of DJs will start to add to gigatools and bandsintown from now onwards...

The consensus of this forum over the last few years with Ferrer has evolved from boring i.e. 2013 to solid in 2014 to top of his game in 2015/16

the Ferrer sets I heard at Ministry and Canvas in 2008? 2009? were two of the best I ever heard, just the right balance between techy, banging and soulful. masterclass in Djing. (Ibadan Records is an amazing label btw - every release is diamond). there are a lot fewer of those big banging records being made these days so I dunno if it would be the same experience now tbh. it's often hard to tell if djs change because crowd expectations change or because music is evolving or because they're under pressure from the clubs to tow a certain line?

the Ferrer sets I heard at Ministry and Canvas in 2008? 2009? were two of the best I ever heard, just the right balance between techy, banging and soulful. masterclass in Djing. (Ibadan Records is an amazing label btw - every release is diamond). there are a lot fewer of those big banging records being made these days so I dunno if it would be the same experience now tbh. it's often hard to tell if djs change because crowd expectations change or because music is evolving or because they're under pressure from the clubs to tow a certain line?

Great point...he's a really good example of a dj who has changed their sound a lot over the years...learnt from the best in terms of the whole New York thing with Jerome Sydenham and Kerri Chandler, then incorporated the whole innervisions/deep european sound when a lot of those guys were and I also saw him 2006/7 and he was one of the best in my opinion...but then when he stated getting booked at more commercial parties in Ibiza and around europe his output fell off a cliff and his sound when djing is almost unrecognisable - what happens there, do they feel under pressure to adapt and temper their sound, or is it just a natural thing and their own tastes change?...similar seems to have happened to the martinez brothers.

Great point...he's a really good example of a dj who has changed their sound a lot over the years...learnt from the best in terms of the whole New York thing with Jerome Sydenham and Kerri Chandler, then incorporated the whole innervisions/deep european sound when a lot of those guys were and I also saw him 2006/7 and he was one of the best in my opinion...but then when he stated getting booked at more commercial parties in Ibiza and around europe his output fell off a cliff and his sound when djing is almost unrecognisable - what happens there, do they feel under pressure to adapt and temper their sound, or is it just a natural thing and their own tastes change...similar seems to have happened to the martinez brothers.

that's exactly why I'm always scared of seeing DJ heroes of mine hitting the bigtime. Obv they deserve some reward after years playing to 45 people in nowhereville for peanuts and to their credit, most of the German guys were never about the money and have largely stuck to their principles. But a lot of the yanks (+ a lot of big name French stars) did chase the dollar at the expense of their craft...

Saw the band tortured soul @ sir henrys in cork 16yrs ago kerri,Dennis and a young Jerome were also on the bill. One of the best nights ever..:) kerri joined the band on keyboards and Dennis drummed on a few tracks

Exactly..can't imagine the smug DS being to fond of the IR crowd,they won't give two fcks who's playing..:lol:

I always found that there was a huge spectrum of Rocks guests. Yeah there are the first timers who haven't got a clue, but we seriously had some knowledgable guests who knew exactly who they wanted to see and knew more about brands and club nights than simply the DJs name on the lineup !

Its still at the classic/more commercial end. Which is all good but the heads won't go back week after week.

Went last year and it was shit, worst crowd I have ever experienced in Ibiza. I am not a violent guy, but I nearly had to get a bit physical with some absolute throbbers who took a while to get the message that my Mrs and her mates didn't want dry humped.

The complete opposite of what Ibiza was about, sadly most people in the big clubs are there are tourists these days. Will be even worse as Hi I can only imagine.

I always found that there was a huge spectrum of Rocks guests. Yeah there are the first timers who haven't got a clue, but we seriously had some knowledgable guests who knew exactly who they wanted to see and knew more about brands and club nights than simply the DJs name on the lineup !
My mate brought his teenage kids for a week last year for one of CDs pool party's,he nearly cracked up there.he said the music all day was like spring going through a blender and as for CDs PP he said how that man is getting away with it is unreal.he went around like an arab Prince pouring drinks for the lucky ladies and on the mic was quite embarrassing..

It would be worth going to cuckoo land with a huge inflatable cock to point a DS and posse..I wouldn't say you'd last to long :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back