*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am the one who stated Black Coffee was a smart booking because of the large audience they may attract on Saturdays from underground, old school and vip wannabees.

black coffee seems an ambitious, forward-thinking booking but some fans might be a bit snobby about the venue/location - would a club redesigned and customised to appeal to a big room Garrix crowd also work for people who would prefer a more intimate vibe for the kind of music black coffee plays? Put simply, are there enough committed 'heads' in that resort on any week to make it viable?

black coffee seems an ambitious, forward-thinking booking but some fans might be a bit snobby about the venue/location

Fair point. Though looking at the competition:

Elrow - snobbish fans will surely equally avoid this confetti and inflatable fest
Bob Sinclar - nope
Privi - Supermarx (?) if yes, then also no.
San Antonio venues? - probably stay in Bossa unless they're travelling back to San An anyhos
DC10 - shut

And of course, the main point being Ushuaia empties out right opposite. Okay, so it won't be full of underground music heads. But it will make it busy.

Funny thing is 99% of the Americans that cough up the dough for the big ticket to Ibiza are going because they love house and techno...not the VIPs or the glitz and glam.

I make you right. Why would Americans travel all this way and spend all that unnecessary money when they can get that experience in Vegas for cheaper/less aggro.

Fair point. Though looking at the competition:

Elrow - snobbish fans will surely equally avoid this confetti and inflatable fest
Bob Sinclar - nope
Privi - Supermarx (?) if yes, then also no.
San Antonio venues? - probably stay in Bossa unless they're travelling back to San An anyhos
DC10 - shut

And of course, the main point being Ushuaia empties out right opposite. Okay, so it won't be full of underground music heads. But it will make it busy.

DC10 had some Saturday take overs the last 2-3 seasons right? L+D/Afterlife is moving to Vista now...any news on some others happening at DC10.

I hope insane returns (and hopefully to Pacha) that's my most favourite house night by a mile!

If a recent interview by Hot Since 82 was correct then it looks like he is curating all 20 dates at Pacha on a Friday. Though the interview was slightly vague and unclear. However "Insane" has disappeared from the Pacha website, so assume that "Knee Deep in Ibiza" has a full residency?

DC10 had some Saturday take overs the last 2-3 seasons right? L+D/Afterlife is moving to Vista now...any news on some others happening at DC10.

I thought they were Fridays, but you could be right. Even so, normally only a handful of dates.

just saw that glitterbox has been confirmed - is that likely to be the only house night at a big club this season or has it gone commercial? some mates weren't that impressed last year

Its still at the classic/more commercial end. Which is all good but the heads won't go back week after week.

Its still at the classic/more commercial end. Which is all good but the heads won't go back week after week.

yeah, that's the impression I got.

there's many big room tunes I love like pete heller big love, joey negro/akabu, all that french touch filter stuff, some early defected/subliminal but a whole night of cheesy vocal/chart house from yesteryear would probably do me in

If a recent interview by Hot Since 82 was correct then it looks like he is curating all 20 dates at Pacha on a Friday. Though the interview was slightly vague and unclear. However "Insane" has disappeared from the Pacha website, so assume that "Knee Deep in Ibiza" has a full residency?

Yeah i surmised the same when I read that (probably same interview). I actually quite enjoyed HS82 / knee deep's insane takeover last year so would probably quite enjoy this again. I make no secret of the fact Dennis Ferrer is one of my fave DJs and so happens that for the last few years he's played for Insane, i guess this year he'll probably be on defected line ups (fingers crossed)

Yeah i surmised the same when I read that (probably same interview). I actually quite enjoyed HS82 / knee deep's insane takeover last year so would probably quite enjoy this again. I make no secret of the fact Dennis Ferrer is one of my fave DJs and so happens that for the last few years he's played for Insane, i guess this year he'll probably be on defected line ups (fingers crossed)

The Knee Deep Insane takeovers were pretty much just like Insane (if you get me), so I expect Knee Deep (if it is the full residency) to be just like Insane. Now anyone fresh reading that would think we were nuts, but I think you get me.

I know 95% of us are now bored of Luciano, but the only thing he did manage to do is bring along some good DJs. I mean take last year: Josh Wink, Octave One. Martin Buttrich etc. Hopefully HS2 manages to get that calibre along too....

^ love Dennis Ferrer too although I seem to remember Mr FallingGParsons (I think?) giving him a good slagging on here a few months back! if anyone has any recent set reports please share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back