*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why Glitterbox aren't announcing yet. The venue is the worst kept secret. But can't seem to find out day.

Do we thing it'll still be Fridays?

What's the latest on bora bora for 2017, as they ran onto problems with license etc end of last season.

Didn't they keep breaking the rules of their licence and got shut down temp and then was up and running again?

Seems the police are starting to come down hard considering this and the raids that happened last year

Didn't they keep breaking the rules of their licence and got shut down temp and then was up and running again?

Seems the police are starting to come down hard considering this and the raids that happened last year

Nothing new is it? They have been coming down hard since 2007

Actually amazing to think this season will mark 10 years since the closure of DC10, Amnesia, and Bora Bora for a month. Now that is making me feel old!

dc10 was closed for much longer than a month that year!

Actually amazing to think this season will mark 10 years since the closure of DC10, Amnesia, and Bora Bora for a month. Now that is making me feel old!

Oooft, I remember it well. Dark days (although not at all bothered about Bora Bora these days).

Would also like to hear some news on bora bora as thats where I'm staying in June, when i went in September last year the club bit wasn't even open, I'm assuming it was just as it was coming towards the end of the season?

I believe it is open only on a Sunday?

I believe it is open only on a Sunday?
Open all days in the afternoon (open in the mornng decades for those that reminds), i use to always leave that place b4 sunset..
bora was shut because of license issue, went there opening august & for closing it was openened but they were not allowed to play music ..
Cool spot for the afternoon , i had some local djs i follow hosting parties there, its a shame that this spot lost fame year after year as it was an IBz spot, decades...
their opening parties is may 26th but u got IMS that afternoon

regarding sankeys: I agree that it might be a difficult year for them. Though space was a huge competition as well, without it many underground music fans lack any reason to go to the vip-haven that playa d'en bossa has become. with less underground-fans around sankeys will need much more pulling power to get people boarding buses and cabs to come.

regarding sankeys: I agree that it might be a difficult year for them. Though space was a huge competition as well, without it many underground music fans lack any reason to go to the vip-haven that playa d'en bossa has become. with less underground-fans around sankeys will need much more pulling power to get people boarding buses and cabs to come.

For me it all depends on if the "ViVa leaving Sankeys" rumour is true or not

Would be a shame if Bora Bora's days were numbered but not surprising with Bossa the way it is these days.
Never thought I'd be saying this at 41 but I have actually gone full circle and booked San An for my annual pilgrimage this year. Nothing to keep me in PDB now that Bora Bora has turned to sh*te and Space has turned into Ushuaia mark 2 (Martin Garrix wtf?!). The only thing good about PDB is the proximity to Ibiza town and Salinas...the resort as a whole is grim and borderline dangerous.

There are actually some quite decent refurbished hotels popping up in San An, looks to be going upmarket (ish) and much better value for money overall... Defected at Eden looks a winner, nicer beaches over that side as well (imo). Could we being seeing a renaissance? Will be an interesting season...

Open all days in the afternoon (open in the mornng decades for those that reminds), i use to always leave that place b4 sunset..
bora was shut because of license issue, went there opening august & for closing it was openened but they were not allowed to play music ..
Cool spot for the afternoon , i had some local djs i follow hosting parties there, its a shame that this spot lost fame year after year as it was an IBz spot, decades...
their opening parties is may 26th but u got IMS that afternoon

You are Spiderman at Bora Bora aren't you?

Never thought I'd be saying this at 41 but I have actually gone full circle and booked San An for my annual pilgrimage this year.

I mentioned this yesterday. I have a few friends that are thinking of staying that side of the island this year too i.e. ones that have been in PDB since 2007 most years

regarding sankeys: I agree that it might be a difficult year for them. Though space was a huge competition as well, without it many underground music fans lack any reason to go to the vip-haven that playa d'en bossa has become.

Agreed. This reminds me a little of when fabric got shut down. Even their competitors were in agreement that having fabric around was good for business. People travelled for that club, from both inside the UK and outside. And if they're making a weekend of it, then chances are they'll hit another venue on the other night.

Same for Space/Sankeys I reckon.

Not many people want to hit the same venue 2 nights on the trot/in the same week.

Maybe you got a few days away to see Coxy. Or go to elrow. But what did you do on your other night? You probably went to Sankeys.

I have a few friends that are thinking of staying that side of the island this year too
I'm one of those people. Really little making me stay in Bossa nowadays. When you consider how much they are charging for a room... nah.

Losing that club has ramifications beyond just the venue.

I was never one to be in the "Bossa is amazing" camp. And San Antonio does has it's negatives - plus we're very quick to dismiss the many other resort options.

But if it comes down to those 2 at this moment in time (and let's be honest, when you're talking about a Brit crowd who are going for clubbing, it normally is) San An is the better option. What does Bossa have to offer that you can't get there or within a short cab ride??

Maybe if you like pointing at planes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back