*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be completely wrong here, but I have it my head that Magna Carta is all Shapecutters, Shuffling, Snapbacks etc?

I believe you get this with any popular London event

Maybe more so an age thing as the crowd tends to be more 18-25/30

I went to a Magna Carta X Do Not Sleep NYD 2016 at Fire in Vauxhall. Not often I let the crowd work me up and / or spoil my night but they were pretty bad.

However......... on a positive note, looks like Eden having some damn good nights.

Looks like Eden going for some of the Sankeys crowd and market share? This is not a anti-Sankeys comment as they done some great things, but should we be worried for them this season? Or do they have a few tricks to come? With Eden, Amnesia, Rocks and Privi being solid this season be interesting if bookings up in SanAn Vs PDB.

@mr_why 's post just made me think. remember how it used to be a pretty standard thing for 'half of san antonio' (I'm deliberately exaggerating now) to descend down to bora bora on sunday afternoons? well I don't believe we'll have that type of pilgrimage this year. rest is gossip that's not good to go out, but maybe food for thought ;)

Bingo. Ditto for abode.
Not my thing at all but you can't argue with how popular that whole scene has become.

Went to Abode at Sankeys last year (2nd to last party) as a last minute night out and was obviously not clued up. Lasted 20-30 mins and officially went under from white high socks and shuffling aplenty. But went reluctantly again for the closing only because Yousef was playing and it had been arranged for us to take 5 ibiza newbies who arrived that night there, as arranged pre holiday. Tbf had a decent night, far better set of punters (for my taste) and decent company helped i reckon

@mr_why 's post just made me think. remember how it used to be a pretty standard thing for 'half of san antonio' (I'm deliberately exaggerating now) to descend down to bora bora on sunday afternoons? well I don't believe we'll have that type of pilgrimage this year. rest is gossip that's not good to go out, but maybe food for thought ;)

Exactly! If you think about PDB say 2013 you had Space, Bora Bora, Sankeys, Ushuaia (at that stage doing Ants, Luciano, Loco Dice, Pete Tong) + additional beach parties. If you are a 'less commercial' type then the offering ain't anywhere as good in 2017.

Re. Sundays. Is this the Ibiza Rocks Sunday afternoon pool party hosted by *****?

Exactly! If you think about PDB say 2013 you had Space, Bora Bora, Sankeys, Ushuaia (at that stage doing Ants, Luciano, Loco Dice, Pete Tong) + additional beach parties. If you are a 'less commercial' type then the offering ain't anywhere as good in 2017.

Re. Sundays. Is this the Ibiza Rocks Sunday afternoon pool party hosted by *****?

who???

Usually stuff is announced around Ultra Miami week. But given the Ibiza season seems to be getting earlier and earlier, and the emphasis around Miami is not what it used to be....I wonder if that's still the case?

If Ultra is involved with Ibiza this year. Would not be surprised to see announcements in tandem with Ultra.

I went to a Magna Carta X Do Not Sleep NYD 2016 at Fire in Vauxhall. Not often I let the crowd work me up and / or spoil my night but they were pretty bad.

I was there and did not think it was too bad, maybe I am bit more tolerant. It is a bit of a geezer night, and you do get a few groups of undesirables but only really saw trouble when security were dealing with dealers and that was only once or twice. It is a very young crowd but fair play they do put on a decent night. They seem to have stopped booking the 'bigger' names though - which is a shame as Matthias Tanzmann was a regular who I am a big fan of.

What's the latest on bora bora for 2017, as they ran onto problems with license etc end of last season.

Tupac?

What's the latest on bora bora for 2017, as they ran onto problems with license etc end of last season.

I'd be interested in this.

I' had some of my best days out at BB 9/10 years ago.
Popped my head on last year and it's awful now.

Seems very quiet on the Sankeys front. At least the Ibiza end.

Okay, so hear's a brain fart I had last night.. a few years ago Sankeys said they were "shutting their UK operation to focus on Ibiza" for the summer. They may have even done it for more than 1 season. At the time they obviously only had Manchester (RIP). (Didn't they move the mgmt team over to run or help run Ibiza?)

Fast-forward to 2017, and although we've lost Manchester, Sankeys have opened - or are imminently opening - Sankeys East, Sankeys Birmingham, Sankeys Newcastle, Sankeys Stoke, Sankeys Torquay... there may be more. That's an awful lot to take on in a relatively short space of time. Does anybody think we might see a spoonerising of that sentence this summer???
"we will be shutting our Ibiza operation this summer to focus on our UK operation"

Btw - I'm not in anyway suggesting this might happen - just speculating a potential scenario. I'm not convinced it would be good business acumen short or long term. Like I said, brain-fart.

What is Dave Vincent's involvement nowadays? Has he relinquished more control? Seems he isn't as vocal as he used to be. Maybe he is taking it easier since his health scare?

My personal opinion is - whilst Sankeys is far from my fav club in Ibiza - I've had some good nights there and right now Bossa needs that venue more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back