*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sooooo exiting...
iwils.jpg

Can somebody summarize the inofficial inside tips from stivi of the last pages?
Did I get it right? Maceo probably not back at Pacha? Glitterbox at Hi? Tale of Us at Vista? Richie will be back? Lawler will have a new home? Hot Since 82 will host Fridays at Pacha?

How is this Tuesday thing gonna work? Will they shut for the non-Coxy dates? Or will the weekly promoter be turfed out on those 2 Tuesdays?!

... Or... will Game Over put on different headline acts the other dates???

game over only was born last year. their involvement with privilege isn't huge. there's other people (or brands if you like) involved with privilege that will help.

I think I might have just have fallen in...

One of the GameOver guys has made a few references to "vive la resistance"

Got me thinking. That's awfully similar to Revolution/Music Is Revolution.

Resistance - AKA these guys https://resistancemusic.com/ - seem heavily involved with Ultra. Maybe a subsidiary? (not had time to do much research)
(sorry for my ignorance, they may well be huge. I know little about them. Their twitter account has only been active for a year.)

Seems like they're pulling some serious weight in Miami.

Therefore I'd like to revisit an earlier prediction of mine:

A few marquee acts in to do one-offs in Privi's main room could work.

The Chems, Underworld, Aphex Twin, Orbital, Sacha & Digweed...

Stick them in there around Coxy.

Maybe, Ultra?? Always had a tie-in with Space in the past.

And they've booked Sasha x Digweed recently :cool:

So... am I close? or way off the mark?! :twisted:

I was sure Sasha and digweed were going to do b2b at space closing. Maybe your right about them playing privilege at some stage this summer

One off nights could work well at privilege. It's so big that weekly residencies would struggle.

well spotted WIC ;)

So Resistance is Ultra's new(ish) concept with events already in Miami & South Africa.

Some interesting name involved:

- Cox (naturally)
- Sasha x Digweed (YES!)
- Black Coffee (seeing as he is being heavily promoted by Hi, I think we can rule him out of this venture)
- Nic Fanciulli (not convinced he is big enough to fill Privilege tbh, but maybe We Are The Night ends up here in some capacity?)
- Capriati (100%JC? - strong Italian contingent on the island. Guess he does have a fair bit of pull)
- Martinez Bros (? - can't see them leaving Circoloco. Made that their own last season)

Still, food for thought

I'd love to be lucky enough to see Sasha at kumharas, how long in advance are they announced, last year's weren't really advertised that much (which is good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back