*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are, but I wish it was on another day instead as Sundays are ruled by Solomun + 1. I'm assuming Solsberg will still be on Sundays. But happy Eden has a viable night

Pretty different crowd though I am guessing. Defected is (at a guess) 90% British, where as Solomun is 95% Non British. I hardly ever come across that many Brits at Pacha on a Sunday (unless Pete Tong is the +1). He has his crowd now and can't imagine much eating into that.

@white_isle_calling makes a good point about the San An workers though! And in addition to this may have DNS at Vista maybe? And maybe something at + the thing that may be on a Sunday and may be big :)

Surprised to hear that. Saw joris voorn at space last year and it was the least entertaining set I heard in my Ibiza stay. It meandered along with direction, no peaks or moments of any description. Musically I think he's disappeared up his own arse in a technology frenzy and forgotten that he's there to entertain. I know that's not a popular view though, I rarely see any criticism for him. Pleased you enjoyed him though, maybe I caught him on a bad night.

From all the sets I have heard of Voorn....I find he starts off slow and doesn't get into the swing of things until half way through.

His Spectrum events seem to be doing well at the moment from the vids he is posting on facebook

I guess I was speaking about myself personally because I'm into both types of sounds, but I think many in the scene are too. Solomun for me holds the edge since Pacha is so great and because I like Solly's sound a bit more. BUT when I think about it, Defected could really end up working since its UK popularity could really work in San Antonio and could get the folks who basically only stay in San An out to Eden. But if it was any other club outside of San An, then I don't know. There's just so much going on Sundays, that I wished it kept its old Tuesday date. Like anywhere from Tuesday- Thursday could really work. And I also keep thinking about how Soundgarden didn't get off at Eden last year on Sundays, but I get that it doesn't have the strong UK following as Defected.

I really do hope it works out, Defected/Together was my first ever Ibiza party and it didn't disappoint one bit.

here's a few springtime parties...

16640878_10154193936725936_5420134893577294320_n.jpg

Melon Bomb @ Pacha on my birthday. Boom.

2017:
Carola stays where he was.
Luciano only plays like 6 thursdays at Hi Ibiza.
No more Viva at Sankeys.
Rumors return to Destino.
One half-new night on fridays at Pacha.

This may have been discussed before (so sorry if it has). Interview with Hot Since 82 on his Pacha residency. Can't work out if HS82 is just doing 5 Friday nights or is doing the bookings for all 21?

HS: .... I've been given every single week, every Friday, for 5 weeks this year so I'm busy curating that. So I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that. I'm booking the lineups now so, yeah we've got a lot of days to fill.

SR: That's crazy.

HS: Yeah, 21 days in all.

SR: That's insane - any sneak previews on what you're booking or is that completely lips sealed at the moment?

HS: Ah, no. Haha, that's completely private for now. I wish I could tell you but we've got 21 days to fill, so booking people that you wanna book is going to be a bit hesitant this time. You know, is it going to be successful, or is it going to be a failure. So yeah gotta get stuck into that before people can start saying they can play three or four shows. But we have pulled a few sneaky ones out of the bag, so that's exciting

http://stoneyroads.com/2017/01/inte...-history-with-ibiza-and-the-grow-of-his-label

This may have been discussed before (so sorry if it has). Interview with Hot Since 82 on his Pacha residency. Can't work out if HS82 is just doing 5 Friday nights or is doing the bookings for all 21?

HS: .... I've been given every single week, every Friday, for 5 weeks this year so I'm busy curating that. So I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that. I'm booking the lineups now so, yeah we've got a lot of days to fill.

SR: That's crazy.

HS: Yeah, 21 days in all.

SR: That's insane - any sneak previews on what you're booking or is that completely lips sealed at the moment?

HS: Ah, no. Haha, that's completely private for now. I wish I could tell you but we've got 21 days to fill, so booking people that you wanna book is going to be a bit hesitant this time. You know, is it going to be successful, or is it going to be a failure. So yeah gotta get stuck into that before people can start saying they can play three or four shows. But we have pulled a few sneaky ones out of the bag, so that's exciting

http://stoneyroads.com/2017/01/inte...-history-with-ibiza-and-the-grow-of-his-label

I think where HS says 'for 5 weeks this year', this should probably say 5 months (which would make sense). he says 21 days twice so that can't be an error. all pacha residencies are always around 20 dates.

I think where HS says 'for 5 weeks this year', this should probably say 5 months (which would make sense). he says 21 days twice so that can't be an error. all pacha residencies are always around 20 dates.

that said, no official confirmation about that out just yet. and I'm not 100% sure myself neither.

If the above comes to pass, can we (Pacha/everyone) please, please call the night simply "Knee Deep In Ibiza". Any mention of 'Insane' is benign.

Is there easy access to the brothel form dc10? Perspecs tunnel or well lit walk way? Only askin for some mates who are flying solo...:oops::twisted:
"Your mates" should know that the plan is to turn it into a rural hotel, which was the original idea before opening the brothel!

If the above comes to pass, can we (Pacha/everyone) please, please call the night simply "Knee Deep In Ibiza". Any mention of 'Insane' is benign.

The Insane brand seems strongest at Pacha Barcelona. Suppose you can see why they want to keep a consistent 'name' in case the DJ moves on (or they ask him to move on). I mean in 5 seasons think how many semi-residents Insane has had

Suppose you can see why they want to keep a consistent 'name' in case the DJ moves on (or they ask him to move on). I mean in 5 seasons think how many semi-residents Insane has had

I get it. But no one will call it Insane. And DJs/parties move venues all the time. Pacha have said goodbye to Morillo, Defected, Luciano (several times), SHM, Tiesto & Steve Aoki in recent years, did their club suffer? I don't think it did.

Looking back, I think KDIS had their own branding last season. As did We Are the Night - so I assume the others did too?

For me, Insane will also be about Digweed. But over its run it has never had a proper identity. Wasn't DJ Sneak as good as a resident for them in their first season?!

You're putting your trust in HS82 for the full season, so just call it Knee Deep In Ibiza/Sound. Or just call it Insane if you really insist. But both is pointless.

Same with Saturdays. Bob Sinclar has held that gig exclusively for 2 seasons now (?) Do we really need the "Pure Pacha Presents" prefix? It his night surely.

I can maybe see 'insane' disappear for the points WIC made (I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happened), but pure pacha...no way this is going away. it's one of pacha's longest running nights and even though its actual musical content has changed quite a bit over the years, IMO it'd be wrong to let go of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back