*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last memory of Eden was 6 years ago, being absolutely crammed in like a sardine on a night when Tinie Tempah was there (don't ask!). There was this DJ before him who looked a bit like Ali G and the music was horrendous (yes even worse than TT). It was just chart/pop songs spend up really fast, and he kept playing/singing the intro to Seven Nation Army. As I type I'm realising that this sounds like this something I've hallucinated which is entirely possible given the synthetic drug fumes around the club that night.

And that's why I don't go to San An :lol:

Where did you see this? Defected Croatia is 10th Aug - 15th Aug

Both Sunday 6th & 13th are listed at Eden on their site.

(Edited: for posting external ticket link - sorry mods!!)

Ignore me, just looked again on the DITH website and the date is there (fcuk knows why I didn't notice it earlier!!)

Not sure I could dance through another Andrea Oliva set again. Only ever seen him at Ushuaia, so can't comment if he's more versatile elsewhere or not.

I am surprised at that - thought he was superb at Ushuaia. I would have liked to have seen Voorn the same night

I will be seeing him at the winter social on the 11th March so see what he is like away from the staging and the open air of Ushuaia

I am surprised at that - thought he was superb at Ushuaia. I would have liked to have seen Voorn the same night

I will be seeing him at the winter social on the 11th March so see what he is like away from the staging and the open air of Ushuaia

The ants night I went to was Oliva early and then Voorn, always been a big fan of Oliva but Voorn was amazing IMO :D

I haven't heard andrea oliva live for a while and the sets I had heard from him last year were all underwhelming. in his defence though, the one I heard at dc10 new year's day (didn't go, but heard it online afterwards), that one I quite liked.

More just because that I've been to too many Ants over the past few years. If you hear him once a year at Ushuaia then yeah he does what he needs to in that space and does it very well. Just very repetitive IMO. In September 2015 I went to Ants two weeks in a row and I'm convinced large parts of Olivas' sets were identical! However, its Ushuaia's biggest night, I just hope they freshen it up a little bit this year...

so, just to clarify one thing - I know I made noise about a possibly 'big sunday'. I think I originally said something like 'sundays might be big' or something similar. as per today, I still don't know whether this comes to pass and even if it does, it could still turn out not being as big as I think it might be...

but the day it gets confirmed (or denied), and we can finally talk about it openly, you'll understand. but I also know that not everyone will agree on my opinion anyway!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Have we had the annual "Manumission is coming back but it won't be called Manumission and won't be anything like Manumission" rumour yet?

I don't think it's surfaced yet. about time. and maybe I'm deaf, but have heard no rumors regarding manumission this year just yet.

The ants night I went to was Oliva early and then Voorn, always been a big fan of Oliva but Voorn was amazing IMO :D
Surprised to hear that. Saw joris voorn at space last year and it was the least entertaining set I heard in my Ibiza stay. It meandered along with direction, no peaks or moments of any description. Musically I think he's disappeared up his own arse in a technology frenzy and forgotten that he's there to entertain. I know that's not a popular view though, I rarely see any criticism for him. Pleased you enjoyed him though, maybe I caught him on a bad night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defected is a brilliant capture for Eden, finally San Antonio gets a credible household name hosting events after many years in the wilderness.

They are, but I wish it was on another day instead as Sundays are ruled by Solomun + 1. I'm assuming Solsberg will still be on Sundays. But happy Eden has a viable night

Tickets for Defected are £15.99 at the moment. I would assume this is an earlybird tier. Not knowing what the line-ups are gonna be, but taking an educated guess, that seems like great value to me. How much are Sankey's earlybirds usually? €20? Going up to €49 closer to the event?

Sundays are certainly a tough night. But priced right, they can still absolutely make this work. The hardest battle they have (in my eyes) will be convincing the worker contingent to go there over VIVa Warriors.

Not that they are seeking that crowd per se. But how influential are workers in convincing less-clued-up holidaymakers in where to go on any given night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back