*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was saying the same about Privilege and look what that pulled out the bag this year, granted it wasn't packed every night, but it must of been its most successful year for a long time, maybe since Tiesto left...

Maybe Es Paradis will take note and focus on getting at least one big night, they lost out when Hed Kandi left.. Defected would be a good fit there, even a scaled down Elrow would fit that club very well, in fact when Elrow were in London they did an afterparty at Village Underground, no major decorations or people dressed up, but it carried on the party, if Elrow carry on having events at Ibiza Rocks, then Es Paradis should make the most of that and host the afterparty!

Es Paradis is one of the nicest clubs on the island, its just its location really, if it was in Ibiza Town it would be one of the islands top clubs
The decline of es paradis started long before privilege. But while it's still there it still has an opportunity. Looking back es paradis was right place, right time. The music of the time matched the venue, it was central and people came and went as they pleased and filled up on booze in town before going back in. They had distinct advantages at the time. If they could find a way to bring these back they could have a winner. Totally agree that with the right promotion Defected et al would be a great fit. Privilege certainly seems to be back on the map but only has one big ish night but has used vista really well for a few years now. It's a long way from where it was. But hopefully it can grow back too. I like both clubs very much. The staples for my week at that time were Manumission at privilege on Monday, up yer ronson at amnesia on Tuesday and clockwork at es paradis on Wednesday. This was supplemented by cheeky trips to kaoos, maybe cream on Thursday or Saturday and space for an afters along the way. Oh happy days! I think es paradis could come back - they can make it a relatively inexpensive night if they can find the right music formula and promote it effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
The decline of es paradis started long before privilege. But while it's still there it still has an opportunity. Looking back es paradis was right place, right time. The music of the time matched the venue, it was central and people came and went as they pleased and filled up on booze in town before going back in. They had distinct advantages at the time. If they could find a way to bring these back they could have a winner. Totally agree that with the right promotion Defected et al would be a great fit. Privilege certainly seems to be back on the map but only has one big ish night but has used vista really well for a few years now. It's a long way from where it was. But hopefully it can grow back too. I like both clubs very much. The staples for my week at that time were Manumission at privilege on Monday, up yer ronson at amnesia on Tuesday and clockwork at es paradis on Wednesday. This was supplemented by cheeky trips to kaoos, maybe cream on Thursday or Saturday and space for an afters along the way. Oh happy days! I think es paradis could come back - they can make it a relatively inexpensive night if they can find the right music formula and promote it effectively.

back in the days when there was a buzz all day about the big nights, too much choice now.

back in the days when there was a buzz all day about the big nights, too much choice now.
It was good. And I was a lot younger then so it fitted great with my musical taste of the time. The musical sound track was very different then and more eclectic. Clockwork, manumission and cream would all have house, prog, trance, hard house and speed garage going on in the same room on the same night at times while other nights catered for these specific tastes too. Prog was huge at renaissance and up yer ronson at the time.

It was great then but it is now too, it's just very different with a different market, different music and different clubs. There's a lot more shorter trips and I sense it's a lot more political.

I hope Es paradis comes back next season with a few big nights it's a really good club, in people's opinion do you think if manumission came back next season do you think it would work?

When was the last time Es paradis had a good season? Think i've only been 3 times in my 14 visits to the island, none being really busy. Shame because it's a nice club in a good location, with the right promoter could maybe have a few big nights next season?

Manumission shouldn't and wont come back. It would be like a legendary band coming back twenty years later only to be a pale imitation of their former selves and ruin the whole thing. It was great (for the most part) it was of a time and place and now its over.

I think the shorter trip thing of people doing four days of flying in , getting f*cked up at all the mainstream "must dos" , flying out doesnt allow them time to reflect and get that special feeling many of us get. They may love Ibiza , but only for the fact its party central, not on a deeper level. Im not saying all of the people are like this but its my impression a lot / most are nowadays. back in the day, two weeks / a week trips with less interaction with things outside of the island you were staying on, really allowed you to take it all in.

Manumission shouldn't and wont come back. It would be like a legendary band coming back twenty years later only to be a pale imitation of their former selves and ruin the whole thing. It was great (for the most part) it was of a time and place and now its over.

I think the shorter trip thing of people doing four days of flying in , getting f*cked up at all the mainstream "must dos" , flying out doesnt allow them time to reflect and get that special feeling many of us get. They may love Ibiza , but only for the fact its party central, not on a deeper level. Im not saying all of the people are like this but its my impression a lot / most are nowadays. back in the day, two weeks / a week trips with less interaction with things outside of the island you were staying on, really allowed you to take it all in.
I suppose manumission days are over, I think the main reason is back in the day it was something different but now you have the Internet and it's hard to capture something like that, do you think tiesto will ever go back to privilege again?

Manumission wouldnt work today, with all the mobile phone filming and photos, there is no secrecy or surprise.

The closest thing to Manumission these days is Elrow, and everyone knows what that is all about as the videos are posted on Facebook all the time.

I like that Privilege have tried a few different things this year, with the bongo/hippy/psy trance night, it failed but at least they are trying! Plus they have the biggest hiphop night on the island, maybe not most of our cups of tea, but it is very popular.

Es paradise is the only club in ibiza I haven't been to even though I'd love to see inside, and simply because there has never been a night to entice me in.
I'm not a promoter but every year when they release their weekly lineups is easy to pick which ones you just know are going to fail or get canceled.
But the same could be said for eden in recent years, although defected there seems to be breathing life back in.

Anyone know the reason for Audio Rehab closing at Eden on the 27th being cancelled? Just not enough ticket sales?

Sorry for late answer... but I went last sunday, it wasn't overcrowded, just perfect for me with a lot of space around the bars.

Nice crowd - a bit more older than in other places...

But I heard the week before it was way more crowded.

Bedouin were excellent then Guy Gerber followed with a nice set.

I really enjoyed that one :)
Thanks for the report, glad you enjoyed. Def in the running for a bit of a Sunday evening boogie.

Was watching this today it follows a PR called Danny who promotes clockwork orange and is a good watch video from 1990's at the end they talk about manumission and say "it will last forever like Christianity"

Was watching this today it follows a PR called Danny who promotes clockwork orange and is a good watch video from 1990's at the end they talk about manumission and say "it will last forever like Christianity"
This thread is fast becoming like all my yesterdays! Good old Danny Gould. He was a decent guy. A mate of mine was chef at a pub in San An bay so Danny used to let us and our girlfriends in for free. God knows how he made any money, although he looks to be doing ok on that video! Is he promoting the 2017 version?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is fast becoming like all my yesterdays! Good old Danny Gould. He was a decent guy. A mate of mine was chef at a pub in San An bay so Danny used to let us and our girlfriends in for free. God knows how he made any money. Is he promoting the 2017 version?
think he is still promoting seen clockwork orange's Facebook page it's still quite busy think the clockwork orange reunion is next season not sure but if it is I might fly out just for that or do 2 weeks next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back