*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
seem to recall the fusion food was extortionate, delicious though those tiny pastrami slices are

Didn't have those but thought the food was dreadful (and exorbitant) last time I went there a few years ago, used to like going but not been back since. Think it's a result of the incessant throughput of people who'll pay to eat there anyway whatever they put on the table because of the setting - standard tourist trap evolution. Your own Bocadillo and the [Shhhhhhhttt] place for the win !

Tulums cool.
Interesting. Went to Tulum in 2008, stayed at Azulik... very romantic resort spot, but had no idea about any clubs there. Anyway, always looking for interesting options close to home. As many have posited here, the thing that has made Ibiza special is the vibe. Personally I think its the "freaks"!!! Trying to find my freak family without a transatlantic flight... will look into Day Zero.

Interesting. Went to Tulum in 2008, stayed at Azulik... very romantic resort spot, but had no idea about any clubs there. Anyway, always looking for interesting options close to home. As many have posited here, the thing that has made Ibiza special is the vibe. Personally I think its the "freaks"!!! Trying to find my freak family without a transatlantic flight... will look into Day Zero.

Check out the You Tube vids.

Mexico is unfortuantly no longer an option, at least for the time being. It was a better option than Ibiza during BPM for outdoor partying, not even close.

I'm interested what BPM Portugal will be like. If it's anything like Mexico it will be amazing.

Mexico is unfortuantly no longer an option, at least for the time being. It was a better option than Ibiza during BPM for outdoor partying, not even close.

I'm interested what BPM Portugal will be like. If it's anything like Mexico it will be amazing.

I would disagree with that. Events will still happen, it's mainly BPM that will never happen again because of its massive growth and quite literally almost take over Playa del Carmen that caused issues that went on with cartels. I think there is a good chance you will see Day Zero there and other events still held whether or not that's worth traveling for is a matter of opinion.

I would disagree with that. Events will still happen, it's mainly BPM that will never happen again because of its massive growth and quite literally almost take over Playa del Carmen that caused issues that went on with cartels. I think there is a good chance you will see Day Zero there and other events still held whether or not that's worth traveling for is a matter of opinion.

We'll see what parties still go on. Without BPM, Day Zero will suffer. I also think you'd have to be crazy to go to any parties there in January.

We'll see what parties still go on. Without BPM, Day Zero will suffer. I also think you'd have to be crazy to go to any parties there in January.

Of course it would take a hit without BPM going on if it does happen, but people are still traveling to Mexico and Day Zero is in Tulum away from where the issues even occurred in Playa, so i dont really understand why that is crazy, if it's on, i am sure they will get a good turnout.

Of course it would take a hit without BPM going on if it does happen, but people are still traveling to Mexico and Day Zero is in Tulum away from where the issues even occurred in Playa, so i dont really understand why that is crazy, if it's on, i am sure they will get a good turnout.

Would someone not Tavel to Mexico because what happened in January? Totally tragic, but unforuntaly you aren't truly safe anywhere these days.

Would someone not Tavel to Mexico because what happened in January? Totally tragic, but unforuntaly you aren't truly safe anywhere these days.
Got a mate who's a diving instructor and been working in Cozumel for the last year. When he wants a night out he travels to Talum. He was there before the incident at BPM and said other than that one incident the place is no different at all. He's having a great time over there

Not long now....4 of us staying for 5 nts 12-17 sept fligts&acc for just under €900.. :cool:
IMG_20170819_133907.jpg
Staying not far from here where mojito are €5 and are the best for miles and super bok €2.50 a pint..

Last edited:

I'd still go to Tulum, but wouldn't step foot in PDC for any party loosely associated with BPM, at least for another year or so.

crime and shootings are up a lot in the Cancun/Tulum area unfortunately and bad alcohol has been a problem also. doesn't seem to as of yet made a big impact but i have heard from a few people they are skipping going there anytime now.

Should be interesting to see if/where BPM relocates to. There are a lot of options in the Caribbean and south america.

I wonder what Portugal is going to look like and if it's going to be like Mexico (i.e. open air parties until sunrise)

I have some Spanish friends that have never been to ibiza and are getting the train from Madrid to Portugal..he said lots of Spanish are going as they dont go to ibiza because its so expensive..my daughter has been looking at party's and they all seem to be in beach club or swanky boutique type place.. be given them a miss..:rolleyes: hopefully some day time beach party for all the family will pop up when we're there..:)

Last edited:
Caribbean
There is already the SXM festival in St. Martin (never been), and it appears a success. Its on each March. St. Martin has absolutely none of the security issues of Mexico, close to the US and technically still EU. Perhaps they can set up shop there.

The one drawback is that this part of the Caribbean can be just as expensive as Ibiza, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back