*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a way off and we won't know for sure for a while yet, but typically when would the cocoon closing after party venue be announced? I mean, is it literally the night of the closing, or a few days beforehand or what?

Generally speaking it's announced on social media the day before at the earliest from memory.

Local ticket sellers also advertised it around the same time last year too.

Curiosity got the better of me and I wound up at Radio 1 closing Mambo thrash tonight from about ten to 9 just as sun was setting. Can't speak about earlier but Black Coffee came on and started brilliantly. Got a bit too much of a female-vocal-fest for me later in his set but went down well. Atmosphere picked up steadily and I wound up staying till the end lol. Thought it would be a 10-minute wonder but no EDM and no D&B / Dubstep / Garagey stuff (or whatever they call it now) so I stayed on.

B.Traits dropped the tempo a fair bit and played more of a set I'd listen to in the car than dance to much but it was decent, nice to hear in that setting and never heard her on the decks before. Annie Mac v Disclosure at the end was fun, threw out a few classics and we even had a gospel choir come on and sing 'When Doves Cry' as an acapella !

Fook it was hot but danced for most of 3 hours straight. Never seen so many people on the Sunset Strip ! Wasn't wearing my trainers as didn't think I'd stay and feet are in shreds from dancing on those rocks :lol:. Was nice to see a few peoples' kids having an absolute ball too.

Last edited:
Curiosity got the better of me and I wound up at Radio 1 closing Mambo thrash tonight from about ten to 9 just as sun was setting. Can't speak about earlier but Black Coffee came on and started brilliantly. Got a bit too much of a female-vocal-fest for me later in his set but went down well. Atmosphere picked up steadily and I wound up staying till the end lol. Thought it would be a 10-minute wonder but no EDM and no D&B / Dubstep / Garagey stuff (or whatever they call it now) so I stayed on.

B.Traits dropped the tempo a fair bit and played more of a set I'd listen to in the car than dance to much but it was decent, nice to hear in that setting and never heard her on the decks before. Annie Mac v Disclosure at the end was fun, threw out a few classics and we even had a gospel choir come on and sing 'When Doves Cry' as an acapella !

Fook it was hot but danced for most of 3 hours straight. Never seen so many people on the Sunset Strip ! Wasn't wearing my trainers as didn't think I'd stay and feet are in shreds from dancing on those rocks :lol:. Was nice to see a few peoples' kids having an absolute ball too.

Usually avoid R1 stuff like the plague, but the coverage this weekend has been ace and thought last night was spot on really. Was nice sunny evening in the UK too so sounded good on the TV

Usually avoid R1 stuff like the plague, but the coverage this weekend has been ace and thought last night was spot on really. Was nice sunny evening in the UK too so sounded good on the TV

It reminded me of the atmosphere of early '90s from about 10pm, and after Clockwork last week I almost started to imagine the soul had come back to the island. There were plenty of happy faces old and young too. Throwing away all my prejudices about the changes to the Sunset Strip and taking that one evening objectively in isolation it was a breath of fresh air ... well a gasp of the slipstream of someone's fan in about 30 degrees, but yeah :lol:

that´s what I am guessing but no confirmation yet.
thanks, hopefully announced soon. Cant see me getting much sleep tonight. We arrive tomorrow for our second stint this year but got the greedy head on and might squeeze in some closing parties in Oct...saying that Solomun closing is on my wife and i birthday - oct 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back