*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
A DJ who doesn't even look at the crowd, and feed off the vibe of the event, might as well record a cd at home and send it by mail, what's the point of him showing up at the gig at all?

Hmmm. I don't agree that DJs have to look like they're enjoying themselves, but you can't possibly claim you can be reading the dancefloor without looking up every once and a while.

It's only a short clip, so it's not really a fair assessment. But having your head buried down the entire just isn't right. Seen Joey Negro and B.Traits before do the same thing. Neither looked up once.

I think there's a difference between the DJ knowing what's going on on the dancefloor, and the entire or majority of the dancefloor continuously watching the DJ. That is unnecessary.

richie never looks up.

never :D

so this cat is now out of the bag too...

the people behind carl cox will do a total of 6 parties at benimussa park
3 of them are 'game over'
3 of them are 'space in the park'

see you in el salón for some spotlight hierbas :)
I'm guessing these are all going to be mid season and nothing end of June/early July

so this cat is now out of the bag too...

the people behind carl cox will do a total of 6 parties at benimussa park
3 of them are 'game over'
3 of them are 'space in the park'

see you in el salón for some spotlight hierbas :)

no news on dates yet?

his fans will protest but the truth is Hawtin stopped caring about music years ago - the music is merely a vehicle for his not inconsiderable ego nowadays. But then again loads of people compromise their principles for the money, especially if you spent years in backrooms playing critically acclaimed sets to the same 52 diehards and earning zilch beyond a few drinks tokens.

A lot of the house/techno legends let standards slip as soon as dance music went all festival - a festie crowd isn't as discerning as a small club crawling with nerds. So cash in whilst you're hyped! You would wouldn't you?

Others stick to their guns. A few people I knew years ago on the outer fringes of the Shoreditch thursday night 'scene' are now firmly established on the more mainstream circuit, people like Red Rackem, Mr Beatnik, Floating Points, Mark E. I guess if the money was right these people might sell out but that's between them, their consciences and their current plus accounts.

I'm a bit ambivalent about Hawtin these days and probably agree with what yo say about his ego - I mean Enter toothbrushes, what the f*** is that about??? One thing though, and it's been said on here many times when discussing Hawtin, when he's interested, on-form and not being distracted by his entourage/hangers on, there's not many better imo. His Enter closing sets in 2013/2014 were up there with the best I've heard.

It's an interesting point about artists and them sticking to their roots so to speak. I wonder how many who could be said to have sold out in some way shape or form could actually trace it back to a conscious decision that they made at a point in time, or if they just start down a path and unconsciously end up miles from where they started/want to be.

So Stivi, the Hawtin playing something else thing is Tipic, is this Hawtin now done?

The Sunday thing you've been going on about is that the Space in the Park thing? Or are we still waiting on that one?

Finally whats happening with the 2 tall and 1 short guy thing?

So Stivi, the Hawtin playing something else thing is Tipic, is this Hawtin now done?

The Sunday thing you've been going on about is that the Space in the Park thing? Or are we still waiting on that one?

Finally whats happening with the 2 tall and 1 short guy thing?

hawtin - not what I had pointed to.

no the sunday thing isn't this one.

and the third thing should also come out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back