*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe joey essex was at dc10 opening on monday!

(as a spectator of course lol)

the TOWIE lot for the most part are complete creatures of the highest order.

I saw Dan Edgar at Ushuaia opening last year around 6/7PM and then again at Amnesia opening around 6AM - both times gurning his chops off with a lolly dangling out of his mouth

I don't mind some DJs on rotation - all the innervisions guys really complement each other for instance but at other times, it's a carcrash eg when Luciano and Carl Craig played together a few years back

You'd think that the artists themselves would maybe be thinking at the point of being booked, "this doesn't seem like it will go"? Suppose the £££ comes into it.

I read an interview with Hawtin a few years back where he said he generally didn't like doing b2b sets as he's too greedy and likes playing himself too much.

You'd think that the artists themselves would maybe be thinking at the point of being booked, "this doesn't seem like it will go"? Suppose the £££ comes into it.

I read an interview with Hawtin a few years back where he said he generally didn't like doing b2b sets as he's too greedy and likes playing himself too much.

as a perfectionist myself I can relate. you can't have someone mess up your set :)

his fans will protest but the truth is Hawtin stopped caring about music years ago - the music is merely a vehicle for his not inconsiderable ego nowadays. But then again loads of people compromise their principles for the money, especially if you spent years in backrooms playing critically acclaimed sets to the same 52 diehards and earning zilch beyond a few drinks tokens.

A lot of the house/techno legends let standards slip as soon as dance music went all festival - a festie crowd isn't as discerning as a small club crawling with nerds. So cash in whilst you're hyped! You would wouldn't you?

Others stick to their guns. A few people I knew years ago on the outer fringes of the Shoreditch thursday night 'scene' are now firmly established on the more mainstream circuit, people like Red Rackem, Mr Beatnik, Floating Points, Mark E. I guess if the money was right these people might sell out but that's between them, their consciences and their current plus accounts.

as a perfectionist myself I can relate. you can't have someone mess up your set :)
Most annoying thing when your trying to mix and have someone start learning over and start fiddling with the mixer or goes to take the set in a completely different direction to what you wanted!

We had djs,producer and guys that run gigs back home with us in our group that I wouldn't have met many times but all from my area back home. This is a remix by Aera of two hometown lads I never even heard of that one of the lads with us played out on Saturday in a bar. Great tune.
Between Ourselves - Content Aware Scale (Aera Remix) by RePublik Music Recordings #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/republik-music-recordings/between-ourselves-content-aware-scale-aera-remix

Last edited:
what is Carl Craig actually doing in any of those videos. He seems to spend more time looking at a computer than me and I work in an office

what is Carl Craig actually doing in any of those videos. He seems to spend more time looking at a computer than me and I work in an office

I saw him at TV Lounge in Detroit as part of Movement and his facial expression never changed once, just miserable the whole way through. Strange seeing as how everyone else there, DJs included, were having an amazing time. Thought it might just be a one off but seemingly not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back