*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maceo Plex B2B Tale of Us is actually a joke, each of them will have 20 minutes on the decks since there are 2 in ToU :spank: How can you call that an actual DJ set!
!

Maceo Plex B2B Tale of Us is actually a joke, each of them will have 20 minutes on the decks since there are 2 in ToU :spank: How can you call that an actual DJ set!
!

Jesus, thats not good with the length of some of both their intros!

You cam imagine them thinking "What the fcks this sh1te?" as they each take in turns with their 3 tunes each

Jesus, thats not good with the length of some of both their intros!

You cam imagine them thinking "What the fcks this sh1te?" as they each take in turns with their 3 tunes each
They should have done the warm up set and just done a really really long intro to start the night

the whole B2B thing puzzles me.

I know a lot of guys who play out in pairs (eg Xpress 2) and alternate, but they usually have a deep knowledge of each other's record collections and a telepathic understanding of what the other will play, but I don't really understand why events now advertise people playing back 2 back as some kind of additional selling point? especially as a lot of the names I see bracketed don't really play similar music so how is there going to be any kind of flow?

the whole B2B thing puzzles me.

I know a lot of guys who play out in pairs (eg Xpress 2) and alternate, but they usually have a deep knowledge of each other's record collections and a telepathic understanding of what the other will play, but I don't really understand why events now advertise people playing back 2 back as some kind of additional selling point? especially as a lot of the names I see bracketed don't really play similar music so how is there going to be any kind of flow?

because a lot of people aren't music purists like you are (and me too). they will see lots of headliners on the bill and think 'fantastic!', not like us who'd love to hear just half of them (or even less), but for longer instead...plus, we also know that lots of those B2Bs won't be that great because they're not actually used to playing together.

I don't mind some DJs on rotation - all the innervisions guys really complement each other for instance but at other times, it's a carcrash eg when Luciano and Carl Craig played together a few years back

Was that the one where the video surfaced of Luciano buzzin' off his tits and dishing out the love, and Craig looking highly uncomfortable? :lol:

yes + I think CC alienated quite a few fans although not sure it was actually him playing ultra nate free - guilt via association anyway

Some b2b's are great, sometimes it pushes the DJ's boundaries to play something you maybe wouldn't expect. Sometimes there's a case of one upmanship which really elevates the set.

Ultra Nate has Luciano written all over it!

For me, a great B2B has to be organic. Crowbarring 2 acts together to put on a flyer and help sell your tickets goes against that. It's too contrived

There's basically a whole thread which is anti-Luciano. I think from around 2010-11. I think Olly (no surprise) was the biggest antagonist if memory serves me right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back