*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be one of the August DC10 one offs? Capriati also tied in with DC10 via paradise.
They have had a bit of a love affair going on on twitter since the marathon Space Miami set so really wouldn't surprise me.

Delano Smith is very good - proper detroit house scene-ster. Another dj that often plays and is excellent but not as hyped/trendy as others around so gets little exposure but generally always puts a shift in.

I just listened to a few of his mixes including boiler room mix... loved it.

His detroit house will be a perfect soundtrack for a sunset at destino. Nice warm up before defected.

At the end musically everything worked out very well for me...starting with tech house at elrow, then house at rumors and defected on Sunday, minimal techno Monday at cocoon, and then techno at pure Carl Cox :)

Yeah in your Confirmed Ibiza Lineups forum it lists Steve Lawler for July 15 via the booking agent...

it was on their listings - its changed to the Elrow festival in Barcelona now
until its on the calendar on the website, its still subject to change

until its on the calendar on the website, its still subject to change

correct.

and just to point out, line up changes can always happen, even when they're up on the calendar. we do our utmost to keep it 100% accurate and I update the calendar daily (often various times a day) to make sure it's all correct. whenever we get notified of a change I do it straight away.

Its fake, forced fun like that latter day of manumission..
I wouldn't agree with this, you say its fake and forced fun but if your with a big groups of your friends all just having a laugh then Elrow can still a very good night in my opinion. I definitely wont be forcing myself to enjoy a night in Ibiza with all my mates at Amnesia that's for sure!

Sometimes you can make a night good with just yourself and a good group of mates and that's what I see Elrow as. Something that is very different to any other night and allows you to not really care about who is playing and just enjoy pissing around with a group of mates and taking in all the madness and production they put on.

It has become slightly over hyped in my opinion but can still have a lot of fun there, well us younger lot can :p;)

Like a broken record here but still waiting on those Destino thursdays... I'm there July 13th so really hoping there's something going on.

I saw him play for Clockwork Orange at Es Paradise two years ago & he was horrendous. Decent tunes but he was mixing with boxing gloves on.

He train wrecked every mix did'nt he! I was really looking forward to seeing him that night. I remember stood near the decks and wondered how on earth he can't hear that the mix was completely out?! As said, great tunes though so not all bad! Jon pleased Wimmin and Grooverider were quality that night.

Its fake, forced fun like that latter day of manumission..

It is very much so! I still think a new-bie to ibiza would like it and should experience it. Also, the "all night longs" in the Amnesia Main Room. Anyone have insight if these will just be about the music and leave the inflatables for the Terrace?

It is very much so! I still think a new-bie to ibiza would like it and should experience it. Also, the "all night longs" in the Amnesia Main Room. Anyone have insight if these will just be about the music and leave the inflatables for the Terrace?
I believe the inflatables are only on the terrace, well this is how it worked at space, and this room will be set up in the theme of the DJs home town but no inflatables.

Wait for my review of "cuckoo land" opening next week.. 45yr old in cuckoo land..:eek:

He train wrecked every mix did'nt he! I was really looking forward to seeing him that night. I remember stood near the decks and wondered how on earth he can't hear that the mix was completely out?! As said, great tunes though so not all bad! Jon pleased Wimmin and Grooverider were quality that night.

I was glad he was on early otherwise he would've ruined my buzz!

I've followed Jefferson for years and he has made some classic records and seems like a really sound guy, with a lot of knowledge eg http://testpressing.org/2010/08/marshall-jefferson-interviewed-a-history-of-house/

Breaks my heart when people I really respect can no longer be arsed or just turn up for the paycheck. Perhaps they reach that point where they're hitting their 50s and not as famous as they were and have to work the 'chicken-in-a-basket circuit' out of necessity. Still that doesn't excuse lazy sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back