*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think its a very bad business move by Amnesia / Hi plotting 2 EDM nights against each other on Sundays?

Anyone else think its a very bad business move by Amnesia / Hi plotting 2 EDM nights against each other on Sundays?

as mac correctly says above...it's nothing new.
plus - what would you have done if you were amnesia? add another tech night? - surely not. so...what then?

plus in high season there are enough people on the island for both parties. it's chart edm sounds, something for the majority.

as mac correctly says above...it's nothing new.
plus - what would you have done if you were amnesia? add another tech night? - surely not. so...what then?
Could have put Elrow on Sunday and had the EDM Saturday? Would have been competing with Solomon but there rant huge amount going on on Sundays

Could have put Elrow on Sunday and had the EDM Saturday? Would have been competing with Solomon but there rant huge amount going on on Sundays

difficult to get the EDM DJs on saturday nights in summer...festival season my dear.

Surely that is the same for Sunday's as most festivals are both days of a weekend?

I've not been to any of those festivals as I'm happy on the island here in summer but I always thought they finish a little earlier on sundays than they do on saturdays? I might be wrong. also, elrow has been very very happy with their saturday slot - mind a lot of spanish people come for a quick trip, they arrive friday and leave sunday night because they're working again on monday so that's another important factor for elrow not to be put on a sunday night.

Most festivals finish around 11pm, so easy enough to get on a plane into Ibiza for 2am ish without needing to travel to much the next day.
Yeah that was my thoughts exactly its not hard to quickly fly over both Saturday and Sundays finish up no later than midnight as far as I'm aware! But the reasoning for Elrow on a Saturday makes a lot of sense due to Spanish audience

I lived in Barcelona 9 years ago for sometimes and elrow was an after every Sunday morning and was manly Spanish people going there , was very underground and very crazy , loved it a lot , then few later later get close , open again get close ... many problem with the authorities as you can imagine + the ban of after hours in barcelona like Ibiza . When they start in 2012 in privilege , was very good , very Spanish and very cool party in my opinion but they get more and more famous ( probably because of their residency in Ibiza ) and start doing party in some europeen country and now they are everywhere , ( this years they have their own stage in many festival + they make their proper festival in July 15 ( huge line up in my opinion) , 1h south of Barcelona )for me they lost a bit the magic ! I came back to lived in Barcelona since almost a years and have been few time to their party on Sunday , it's now mostly foreigner visiting Barcelona who attend the party , always sold out well in advance , price are 3 ,4 times more expensive! For example for the sonar one , they sold out their venue in 1 day and now people are selling the ticket for 200€ in black market ! ( not the Spanish that will pay for that but the tourist ) so for me I think that elrow now don't need the Spanish crew like they need it on the past !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back