*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, there's a few people keeping the balearic flame burning - obv Harvey but also phil mison, nancy noise, pete herbert, mark broadbent, kenneth bager, kelvin andrews and scores of others I could name, supporting this scene week in, week out. what has oakenfold done for this scene in the last 25 years? seriously? sweet f**k all.

yes, there's a few people keeping the balearic flame burning - obv Harvey but also phil mison, nancy noise, pete herbert, mark broadbent, kenneth bager, kelvin andrews and scores of others I could name, supporting this scene week in, week out. what has oakenfold done for this scene in the last 25 years? seriously? sweet f**k all.

Agree. Read his book and he did come across as a right dick.

He's a dick and always was.. im looking for an interview he and rampling done years ago on some channel 4 yoof show tLking about ibiza.. 2 complete dicks
You'd think they found Ibiza and Ibiza owes them something.. tossers

Last edited:
I just hope he wont play cheezy music & i guess he wont...
See you there guys as what good in ibz on wednesday night?nothing in my minds for now & august is quiet far to plan now..

I'm gonna go against the grain here. Oakenfold is no mug, this'll be decent

In Bali at moment, so a little out of it. But this Oakenfold thing is hardly him doing EDM at the Pikes pool is it? Assume it's some retro back to roots thing?

I hadn't seen Oakie play for over 15 years until I see him at the Cream grand closing in Liverpool in 2015.

He played a great set then.

I have seen and heard some aweful stuff at festivals on YouTube etc,

But when he plays Ministry in London he is always on point.

I think musically it will be good. My opinion is that it would have been better at dance 88:89 too

Musically, it'll be good I reckon. Who cares if he's a dick or not? That's not why we do or don't dance, right? Most of the DJ's in the industry are probably utter twats tbf

Musically he sold his soul, is no longer relevant and trying to be cool again. A lot like Rampling, who retired and got into failed pyramid schemes. As someone mentioned, for a Balearic vibe, far better DJs could have been given the chance.

I think he is trying his luck on the back of the success of DJ Harvey. DJ Harvey however never sold his soul for the pennies.

Musically he sold his soul, is no longer relevant and trying to be cool again. A lot like Rampling, who retired and got into failed pyramid schemes. As someone mentioned, for a Balearic vibe, far better DJs could have been given the chance.

I think he is trying his luck on the back of the success of DJ Harvey. DJ Harvey however never sold his soul for the pennies.

nail on the head.

Oakenfold knows how to play for his audience, that's why it'll be good. He'll be playing for the Pikes crowd, and ultimately, he IS a good selector

spot on

My generation (I'm 30) know Oakes fold as a trance DJ gone commercial, what type of stuff did he play on the early ibiza days, the usual acid house that was around the uk?

It's a surprise residency to us all anyway I'm sure,
but if it was pikes who approached him and not the other way about then who can blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back