*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
a real possibility if time/budget allows

the rumors block party in LA Chinatown at the weekend looked really good
Guy Gerber can be a bit of a diva I think its a fairly well known thing, but his parties always bring 1. Good music, 2. Good guests, and 3. Good looking women. Anything Rumors related is cant miss in my opinion especially in Ibiza.

valid points up to a certain extent @Chris L but...

Anything Rumors related is cant miss in my opinion especially in Ibiza.

heavily depends on what you're after. rumors at destino is nice in all facettes, but for my taste not enough of an actual party...

valid points up to a certain extent @Chris L but...

heavily depends on what you're after. rumors at destino is nice in all facettes, but for my taste not enough of an actual party...

I'd argue that's just because of the venue being Destino is a little overwhelming when they only use the smaller side stage but I can certainly see your point. There is a lot going on (at least at Rumors there last year) to distract you from the actual music. I would still rank it very highly on the list especially if its a spot someone has never been prior.

ah no doubt destino is fantastic. always said it's IMO definitely one of the top outdoor venues on the island. and and yeah, beautiful people factor is a 10

Guy Gerber can be a bit of a diva I think its a fairly well known thing, but his parties always bring 1. Good music, 2. Good guests, and 3. Good looking women. Anything Rumors related is cant miss in my opinion especially in Ibiza.
How is he a diva, chris? I'm intrigued now.

yeah guy isn't the easiest person to work with - lots of people said that. nevertheless, great dj and fantastic producer

How is he a diva, chris? I'm intrigued now.

Basically echo what everyone else said. He can seemingly be a little snobbish. I met him at miami music week a few years back and chatted for a minute or two, i didn't ask for a picture or anything like that more so just said hello because he was right next to me and he wasn't very friendly. Doesn't change my mind of him as far as dj/producer, still find him to be great and seen him 10x or more and never a bad set, but def not the friendliest.

He would 100% work outside. Watch Richie's Boiler Room Ibiza set from 2013. The was the most relaxed I have ever seen him. I mean he even ended with Fresh Prince - Summertime!
Seen him play pop up party at kiosk san antonio in 2014 n he playd adagio for strings im certain

Basically echo what everyone else said. He can seemingly be a little snobbish. I met him at miami music week a few years back and chatted for a minute or two, i didn't ask for a picture or anything like that more so just said hello because he was right next to me and he wasn't very friendly. Doesn't change my mind of him as far as dj/producer, still find him to be great and seen him 10x or more and never a bad set, but def not the friendliest.

sometimes DJs are jetlagged, tired, stressed, preoccupied, or simply a bit awkward/can't be arsed. I wouldn't take it too personally. you wouldn't believe the number of times I've had to act as some kind of praetorian guard when dj mates have been pestered for tracks by punters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back