*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is for most people its a once a year thing, one or 2 weeks and there holiday for the whole year so I am more than happy to pay abit of money and go to the events I want regardless of the price. I get you think its a rip off and yeah its expensive but to be honest I really don't care as I have the best time I possibly could in the time I'm there.

I know, this has all been argued to death

capitalism, supply & demand etc etc. people like Morbyd used to lecture me on this a few years back

but I still think it is obscene. I know many others agree.

capitalism, supply & demand etc etc. people like Morbyd used to lecture me on this a few years back

You're right, it is obscene, but that's the way it's always been & it's not likely to change any time soon.

I was just making a point against Neo's post that absolved Solomun's responsibility in the high ticket prices since some of it is based on his fees. Whether he should or shouldn't is another issue, but making it seem like how the ticket prices are out of his hands is obviously false since he obviously has control over his fees which some of the ticket price/cover is based on.

I'm not absolving Solomun. It's a negotiation between Pacha and Solomun's agent. You mean to tell me if Solomun cut his booking fee in half, Pacha would do the same with cover? Yeaaaah, I don't think so.

I'm not absolving Solomun. It's a negotiation between Pacha and Solomun's agent. You mean to tell me if Solomun cut his booking fee in half, Pacha would do the same with cover? Yeaaaah, I don't think so.

just that, with the year solomun just had, that's never going to happen.

To the ppl saying ibiza is expensive deal with it.. Should we just bend over and take it up the wrongun too?

It is obscene, but...do I want to pay that much not really...will I pay that much to see a DJ i like in ibiza....yeh!

It wouldn't go down proportionately but i would think there would still be a chance of a decrease IMO.

I could be wrong but I'm starting to suspect there's a few industry people on this thread pretending to be punters, in which case I was a bit naive on certain topics. Aah well, you live and learn...
I am from the industry...
joke i am an ibiza loving punter, that pays the crazy prices lol

What I heard was for guetta and fmif he gets half the ticket price, so €80 / 2 x by ~4000 capacity works out at €160k. So club has to make up the rest by drinks and wot not.

But of course it could just be complete rubbish I've been fed :oops:

Wouldnt the agent of an in demand dj negotiating a fee for residency ask questions like how much you charging for tickets/vip tables, what numbers we expecting and then decide the fee? Im probably completely wrong but that would make business sense.

If in demand dj's worked for quite a low fee compared to the club making huge amounts of money off entirely their name and a +1 in Solomuns case then i believe that could cause certain problems, as in work ethics etc. Not the case for all dj's i know, because some would play for a fiver but obviously im implying the ones who are/have become money driven...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back