Ibiza 2022 impressions

The water at Cala San Vicente warmed up a tiny bit on the afternoon yesterday. At Salinas today, the water feels like +22C. Seems there are a little more algae than usual at Salinas.
The “temporales” we had at the beginning of spring has definitely brought in a lot of posidonia at Salinas some of the coast line and sea bed, especially around the little coves before the tower, has changed quite a bit too.

Do the club dancers still do PR-parades around Ibiza Town (Calle De Virgen etc) during the dinner time before the club nights?

Do the club dancers still do PR-parades around Ibiza Town (Calle De Virgen etc) during the dinner time before the club nights?
As far as I know, they're technically banned @McRackin ? I have still seen the odd ones at Salinas though, so maybe a few do still happen

In Ibiza Town, kinda yes but... at the beginning of the week I heard on one of the local radio stations a political debate with a spokesman for each party and one of them said he knew there were in talks to lift the ban!
Ok, let's hope they can lift the Ban! It was great still 2017 when visited last time

Thoughts and observations 😀
- more Dutch and Americans around, fewer Spaniards. - -DC10 Circo Loco is intent on selling as many tickets as possible to ruin the night for everyone ( music was terrible too)
- hotels are very busy. - a few supermarkets I noticed had done a refurb ( Spar and Eroski)
- drugs have improved, more pure ( a friend told me)

Thoughts and observations 😀
- more Dutch and Americans around, fewer Spaniards. - -DC10 Circo Loco is intent on selling as many tickets as possible to ruin the night for everyone ( music was terrible too)
- hotels are very busy. - a few supermarkets I noticed had done a refurb ( Spar and Eroski)
- drugs have improved, more pure ( a friend told me)
First year in 10 years of visiting (bar the covid fiasco) where we are are deffo pieing circoloco ..just not even enjoyable and tbh it’s a liability how it’s ran, someone is gonna get hurt before long it’s that bad in there for space

First time I've been here, there was lots of Dutch people on the trip we did yesterday ha! Went to bora bora and loved it even though it was really quiet. Ibiza town on the port was decent, nothing to special but nice views and friendly staff (only to get you in I bet) restaurants do pretty nice food. Everywhere is quite expensive but I expected that before I came. Seems really safe walking around and getting buses... going to do san antonio, ushuaia and pacha over the next few days and then sleep for a week!

It’s a shame Bora Bora is a shadow of its former self, it was rammed back in the day. Are there any equivalents where you can buy beers from a shop and chill on the beach within earshot of the music? Mambo of course for evening but what about daytime?

Just back from San antonio, not overly impressed. The sunset wasn't great so didn't really fancy doing a 100 euro minimum spend at mambo so just got some cans and chilled at the front. Was a decent atmosphere still, looked down the strip and it wasn't for me and ended up and ibiza rocks bar which was really awful! Couldn't really see anything that had a vibe, was either chilled or English going on. The clubs looked decent but wanted an early ish night for ants tomorrow

Still here, staying at PDB. Definitely feels quieter than pre Covid times. June surprisingly has somewhat less to offer in terms of good night parties. There are nights (like 2nd and 7th) when no decent party can be found. Too much commercial shit.

First night was Bedouin at Pacha - it was a blast - they outperformed them. Highly highly recommended. Second night (2 June) was nothing spectacular. We chose to go to Tantra which was OK.

Friday and Saturday are both Amnesia. will report here .

Not to sound like a party pooper but... every time I've passed ushuaia I've been asked if I want drugs by numerous people just standing outside of it, and then last night walking past as the show was finishing there was about 3 or 4 ambulances outside and 2 more going down the street. I'm not against drugs but with the ridiculous water prices and hot temperatures it seems like a recipe for disaster, hope everyone is okay but these places don't appear to be looking out for people, they'd rather see ambulances queued up outside and make a profit then look after the safety of everyone. Anyways, hope the people getting taken away yesterday are okay, bit of a downer post I know!

Not to sound like a party pooper but... every time I've passed ushuaia I've been asked if I want drugs by numerous people just standing outside of it, and then last night walking past as the show was finishing there was about 3 or 4 ambulances outside and 2 more going down the street. I'm not against drugs but with the ridiculous water prices and hot temperatures it seems like a recipe for disaster, hope everyone is okay but these places don't appear to be looking out for people, they'd rather see ambulances queued up outside and make a profit then look after the safety of everyone. Anyways, hope the people getting taken away yesterday are okay, bit of a downer post I know!
Downer post yes but very relevant

Downer post yes but very relevant
I wonder if they can't move the dealers outside because they don't have the drugs on them or if they are getting a cut from it all. Seems to cheapen the venue a bit, creating a high end exclusive venue with drug dealers standing on the doorstep

Still here, staying at PDB. Definitely feels quieter than pre Covid times. June surprisingly has somewhat less to offer in terms of good night parties. There are nights (like 2nd and 7th) when no decent party can be found. Too much commercial shit.

First night was Bedouin at Pacha - it was a blast - they outperformed them. Highly highly recommended. Second night (2 June) was nothing spectacular. We chose to go to Tantra which was OK.

Friday and Saturday are both Amnesia. will report here .

are you comparing to the same period of time (start of june) when you say quieter than pre-covid? because I personally don't feel it's any quieter than normally at that time of the year.

yeah the first two saga nights of bedouin's residency have been great by all accounts. positive feedback by everyone I spoke to - personally I still haven't been boo (mental note not to miss the date with dj tennis at the end of june, but hoping I'll make it earlier than that!)

are you comparing to the same period of time (start of june) when you say quieter than pre-covid? because I personally don't feel it's any quieter than normally at that time of the year.

yeah the first two saga nights of bedouin's residency have been great by all accounts. positive feedback by everyone I spoke to - personally I still haven't been boo (mental note not to miss the date with dj tennis at the end of june, but hoping I'll make it earlier than that!)
Don't forget you will have to go to Saga closing party in October 😬

Back