Ibiza 2022 impressions

These last days every time I grab one of the local newspapers or switch on the local TV/radios the word influencers comes out. Influencers this, influencers that... lord, please give me patience!
I rememeber one night at Pikes many years ago everybody I was being introduced to seemed to be "concierges". I ended up hating that word and everything they stand for. Nothing compared with what I'm starting to feel for these parasites...

I rememeber one night at Pikes many years ago everybody I was being introduced to seemed to be "concierges". I ended up hating that word and everything they stand for. Nothing compared with what I'm starting to feel for these parasites...

The worst of the worst. Get paid a fortune for doing absolute jackshit and 9 times outa 10 they are complete bellends

Nothing new there, seen it many times in Ibiza, and to be honest 9 times out of 10 it looks a lot worse than it is, people passing out, being carried out of clubs come round quite quickly after the correct attention, but yes sometimes there are fatalities, ambulances on the ready is a good thing to prepare for the inevitable!

I nearly needed an ambulance the first time visiting Ushuaia when I went to buy a round of drinks 😄

Ferry Ibiza - Formentera 39,90 :oops:
Check Balearia who do cheap day returns on the car ferry; can't find this ticket on the website but worth asking at the booking office. Pre-covid used to be 20e (ret) including a coffee!
If it's the same procedure as last time I used it they bus you from the port to the ferry, about 15mins prior to departure.

Update - it IS still possible to do a day trip to Formentera for e20,-, (day trip no discount) go to the Balearia site, find the car ferry outbound 1230 (takes an hour) and the same one back "Posiedon" c.2200 and it's e18,- + 2 euro booking fee.

I don't think it's worth getting bent out of shape because of "influencers". The classic story about how Acid House shaped modern Ibiza is built on "influencers" by a different name. How many people show up on @ibiza_past for the exact same reasons 20 years ago?

I have yet to arrive this season, so my opinion is poorly uninformed. Maybe wishful! But I have yet to experience a bad year because someone (er, people) wanted to show off they came to Ibiza. I'm pretty sure that has been a thing for decades!

Attachments

• 1977 influencers.jpg
    1977 influencers.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 28
That's silly money! But, not what I was trying to comment on.

Ibiza is what you make of it, right? We all still have ownership over that experience. Or, that's what I hope! I don't think influencers nor celebrities have wrested control of it. I merely suggest they've been there for a while, and somehow built into what it is.

Ibiza isn't a backwater destination, but it needs people like you and me caring about it being the most amazing place on earth. This is a place worth being optimistic and aspirational for.

That's silly money! But, not what I was trying to comment on.

Ibiza is what you make of it, right? We all still have ownership over that experience. Or, that's what I hope! I don't think influencers nor celebrities have wrested control of it. I merely suggest they've been there for a while, and somehow built into what it is.

Ibiza isn't a backwater destination, but it needs people like you and me caring about it being the most amazing place on earth. This is a place worth being optimistic and aspirational for.

loose translation > the internet ruined everything

what does the word aspirational even mean? people showing off beautiful bodies in beautiful surroundings? it drives youth suicides, body shaming, class envy, people feeling like failures if they can't join in. it's despicable. the preserve of empty vessels with vacant souls. cyber narcissists paraded across our screens.

what does the word aspirational even mean? people showing off beautiful bodies in beautiful surroundings? it drives youth suicides, body shaming, class envy, people feeling like failures if they can't join in. it's despicable. the preserve of empty vessels with vacant souls. cyber narcissists paraded across our screens.
Aspirational = the vision of your ideal experience

Not paying attention to social media influencers is how you starve their influence. Acknowledging they exist is not support. What you're talking about is important and impactful. I apologize for implying support of such a thing.

Danny Rampling, Paul Oakenfold, Nicky Holloway, and Acid House influencing the sound of Ibiza is what I was originally attempting to refer to. I think that's a good thing, and I hope that's more clear.

I don't think it's worth getting bent out of shape because of "influencers". The classic story about how Acid House shaped modern Ibiza is built on "influencers" by a different name. How many people show up on @ibiza_past for the exact same reasons 20 years ago?

I have yet to arrive this season, so my opinion is poorly uninformed. Maybe wishful! But I have yet to experience a bad year because someone (er, people) wanted to show off they came to Ibiza. I'm pretty sure that has been a thing for decades!

btw I've got that picture on my wall! I picked it up on the way down from D'Alt Villa a few years back. Traspas y Torijano! I think they do medieval banquets

Back