Ibiza 2022 impressions

Don't forget you will have to go to Saga closing party in October 😬
Saga at Heart was one of the reasons for me to go to Ibz. Seems to be working at Pacha. Thats cool.
Strange: At home and car these sounds are not working for me.
Someone already at the new Heart or heard whats up there ?

Saga at Heart was one of the reasons for me to go to Ibz. Seems to be working at Pacha. Thats cool.
Strange: At home and car these sounds are not working for me.
Someone already at the new Heart or heard whats up there ?

chinois (ex heart) is still a building site from the outside. they open in just over 2 weeks

Went to ushuaia fir the first time last night, really enjoyed it the crowd didn't seem too poserish and the music was brilliant, especially John summit and andrea oliva, the ending was pretty special! Surprised that ushuaia is just basically the same as the fergus Bahamas hotel I'm staying at though all the building at the side are exactly the same and they e just glammed it up a little bit with the extra bars and stage. I thought it would be a lot nore high end from the front of it! Would be pretty disappointing if I paid to stay there as its really expensive when I was looking!

if u stay 1rst row ,u will see lot of people making extended videos :rolleyes: 🤣
it ruins the vibes as sometimes they ask u not to move for their videos 🤗 or taking ur place for a few mn
In all clubs u will see cameras up in the air, even for some such Octan even it was written No pictures/no cameras

Went to ushuaia fir the first time last night, really enjoyed it the crowd didn't seem too poserish and the music was brilliant, especially John summit and andrea oliva, the ending was pretty special! Surprised that ushuaia is just basically the same as the fergus Bahamas hotel I'm staying at though all the building at the side are exactly the same and they e just glammed it up a little bit with the extra bars and stage. I thought it would be a lot nore high end from the front of it! Would be pretty disappointing if I paid to stay there as its really expensive when I was looking!
I agree, got there around half 9. The music was definitely better than I thought it would be. Expectations exceeded for sure.

are you comparing to the same period of time (start of june) when you say quieter than pre-covid? because I personally don't feel it's any quieter than normally at that time of the year.

yeah the first two saga nights of bedouin's residency have been great by all accounts. positive feedback by everyone I spoke to - personally I still haven't been boo (mental note not to miss the date with dj tennis at the end of june, but hoping I'll make it earlier than that!)
Stivi you would know better. I am sharing the signs I have picked up in the past few days. Much smaller crowds of drunken Brits, empty slots in the parking lot of our hotel, even in the weekend, shorter lines at clubs, emptier beaches etc. but we are still enjoying our time as always !

reporting on two Amnesia nights (Friday and Saturday). Both were Amnesia standards : overcrowded, great music , yet musically somewhat different, main room was playing more techno, terrace / elrowcity, mostly tech house . Amnesia keeps delivering the best parties o n the island.

Stivi you would know better. I am sharing the signs I have picked up in the past few days. Much smaller crowds of drunken Brits, empty slots in the parking lot of our hotel, even in the weekend, shorter lines at clubs, emptier beaches etc. but we are still enjoying our time as always !

reporting on two Amnesia nights (Friday and Saturday). Both were Amnesia standards : overcrowded, great music , yet musically somewhat different, main room was playing more techno, terrace / elrowcity, mostly tech house . Amnesia keeps delivering the best parties o n the island.

no that's fine, everyone's impressions are welcome here - but the one thing I was truly curious about you still haven't replied to, whether you are actually comparing to the very same period of time (date range) in past years. I say that because you wouldn't believe how much difference you sometimes can see and feel two weeks earlier or two weeks later.

Has anyone got a review of DNS this season so far @ Amnesia? - I'm going on Friday
no that's fine, everyone's impressions are welcome here - but the one thing I was truly curious about you still haven't replied to, whether you are actually comparing to the very same period of time (date range) in past years. I say that because you wouldn't believe how much difference you sometimes can see and feel two weeks earlier or two weeks late
no that's fine, everyone's impressions are welcome here - but the one thing I was truly curious about you still haven't replied to, whether you are actually comparing to the very same period of time (date range) in past years. I say that because you wouldn't believe how much difference you sometimes can see and feel two weeks earlier or two weeks later.
Sorry I missed your question. Honestly, I don’t remember how exactly June 2019 had looked like, as we came to the island several times that season - some of the memories are a bit blurred :) in any case it is great to be back.
BTW, went to Solomun on Sunday. It was as always very good. Jamie xx (fist we heard him as a dj) played some interesting tracks, leaning more in the deep side of techn. Solomon took over around 3 am.

Sorry I missed your question. Honestly, I don’t remember how exactly June 2019 had looked like, as we came to the island several times that season - some of the memories are a bit blurred :) in any case it is great to be back.
BTW, went to Solomun on Sunday. It was as always very good. Jamie xx (fist we heard him as a dj) played some interesting tracks, leaning more in the deep side of techn. Solomon took over around 3 am.

umm...jamie xx wasn't there this sunday I'm afraid. he couldn't come.

it was a pacha resident dj - and I actually don't know who exactly it was - who played before solomun.

Yes it was funny to read later about Jamie missing the party in the Solomun thread on this site 😂 that is telling about my condition that night 😀

Happens to us all! And I have done exactly what you have done before too. The best thing is when they mix the set-times around after they publish them. That's quite fun when you are not looking at the booth and become convinced x DJ was playing at x time...

Happens to us all! And I have done exactly what you have done before too. The best thing is when they mix the set-times around after they publish them. That's quite fun when you are not looking at the booth and become convinced x DJ was playing at x time...

I don’t know why but this made me think of a time many years ago at DC10 when kINK was playing for Paradise - absolutely tearing the terrace a new one all dancing going mad, deep in the night and suddenly someone in the crowd near us went ‘here why are you all facing that way - he’s over there!’

The entire group of about 15 of us facing the usual booth and not clocking we’d been facing 90 degree away from kINK who had been playing in a bespoke DJ booth on the other side of the room!

Turns out we’d all been staring at an engineer in the other usual booth setting up for the next act!

The things you do on an Ibiza dancefloor eh!? 🤣

Not to sound like a party pooper but... every time I've passed ushuaia I've been asked if I want drugs by numerous people just standing outside of it, and then last night walking past as the show was finishing there was about 3 or 4 ambulances outside and 2 more going down the street. I'm not against drugs but with the ridiculous water prices and hot temperatures it seems like a recipe for disaster, hope everyone is okay but these places don't appear to be looking out for people, they'd rather see ambulances queued up outside and make a profit then look after the safety of everyone. Anyways, hope the people getting taken away yesterday are okay, bit of a downer post I know!
Nothing new there, seen it many times in Ibiza, and to be honest 9 times out of 10 it looks a lot worse than it is, people passing out, being carried out of clubs come round quite quickly after the correct attention, but yes sometimes there are fatalities, ambulances on the ready is a good thing to prepare for the inevitable!

Back