Ibiza 2022 impressions

stivi

well, well...believe it or not, the season has started today!

I just drove to salinas quickly for a short walk and along the road I noticed el rey de fideuá is open, there was a sign saying experimental beach is opening today too. then there were cars on the big salinas car park (in winter it's usually deserted or maybe 5 cars). the sun is back and even though it's windy and it'll be a cold weekend (we are just getting some polar air), there's really some excitement in the air as well and hotels are opening.

this year, ibiza really will be back full on. can't bloody wait.

this thread is an invitation for everyone to share their bits - more on the non-clubbing side please this one. use clubbing reviews for all the club nights you've visited!

I arrived in Ibiza today, dumped my stuff at the hotel, and went for a walk. Within 5 minutes I had been offered drugs, and had encountered a group of British guys of which one was dressed in an inflatable light-pink coloured costume shaped as male genitalia.

Imagine going for stag do in April, before Easter, on Ibiza.

Never change, San An, never change.

Impressions from today. It's still very pre-season:

SanAn1.jpg

I arrived in Ibiza today, dumped my stuff at the hotel, and went for a walk. Within 5 minutes I had been offered drugs, and had encountered a group of British guys of which one was dressed in an inflatable light-pink coloured costume shaped as male genitalia.

Imagine going for stag do in April, before Easter, on Ibiza.

Never change, San An, never change.

Impressions from today. It's still very pre-season:

View attachment 13401

the stag parties are back in force here as well, cue groans from everyone else. so much for all that socially ethical nu-tourism we were promised :rolleyes:

I know many of you were looking forward to a slighty different clientele this season.

However, despite the overcast weather and slight chilly temperature this morning - with the locals sensibly wearing long sleaved and trousered clothing - four young loud-mouthed Brits were seen walking towards the West End at 10 AM, all in unfashionably short shorts, and two not even wearing t-shirts.

The plan of nu-tourism seems to be failing miserably.

I have now evacuated myself to the Bay area.

Anyway, Ibiza was absolutely wonderful today. From mid-day until late in the afternoon it was hot enough to break a sweat whilst sunbathing, and the sea was cold enough to get cooled down.

I know many of you were looking forward to a slighty different clientele this season.

However, despite the overcast weather and slight chilly temperature this morning - with the locals sensibly wearing long sleaved and trousered clothing - four young loud-mouthed Brits were seen walking towards the West End at 10 AM, all in unfashionably short shorts, and two not even wearing t-shirts.

The plan of nu-tourism seems to be failing miserably.

I have now evacuated myself to the Bay area.

Anyway, Ibiza was absolutely wonderful today. From mid-day until late in the afternoon it was hot enough to break a sweat whilst sunbathing, and the sea was cold enough to get cooled down.
be a very long time before they shake off this type of clientele 🤣

We really need to spare a thought for young ladies coming of age these days.

3 years ago when a young lady arrived at a beach on Ibiza, she would spend a few minutes getting the perfect selfie and post it on social media.

Last year, from my observations, the same-aged young lady would now record a 30-60 seconds 360 degrees video of herself and the beach whilst dancing to some imaginary tune, and then post the video on social media. Her poor boyfriend would be trying not to be too embarrassed by his gf's dancing (without music) on the beach for some tiktok or whatever video.

This year it's a full 30 minute session with never-ending selfies, dancing and video recordings. Unlike previous years, pics these days are just as much pics of the butt as of the frontal part of the body. Also, every variant of topless and not, with hands covering over, and topless with back to the camera being deployed. The perfect shot can long longer be a selfie. Young ladies get help from strangers (other girls who happen to be on the beach and willing volunteer to help) to get dat perfect shot from behind whilst she is turning her head back towards the camera whilst topless.

God help us for whatever is in store for next year.

Back