Ibiza 2022 impressions

You will get discounts on all but the insanely popular parties, if 2019 is anything to go by, though often with stipulations you arrive by a certain time. ANTS is likely to be the only one you get freebies for, but that's speculative on my behalf and based on old assumptions

You will get discounts on all but the insanely popular parties, if 2019 is anything to go by, though often with stipulations you arrive by a certain time. ANTS is likely to be the only one you get freebies for, but that's speculative on my behalf and based on old assumptions
Good to know, thanks for the info, I had the impression that was just for workers hence the name. I’m assuming the queue yesterday was just for Hï/Ushuaïa then or is it a general pass?

Good to know, thanks for the info, I had the impression that was just for workers hence the name. I’m assuming the queue yesterday was just for Hï/Ushuaïa then or is it a general pass?
that one is indeed just Ushuaïa and Hï parties. Some promoters have their own, such as Defected, and then each of the clubs will have their own

I just CBA to go queue for a discount pass lol. Will probably regret that 😂

I think you will yeah.

having those passes (well ok, I wouldn't queue for the hi/ushuaïa one myself I have to admit....but more speaking in general) gives you so much freedom. no need to run after guestlists last minute, knowing you'll be simply fine... in times when I went out 5 nights a week, having all those passes was the best thing ever. I mean ok, if you don't go clubbing lots then it's maybe debatable, but again generally speaking, those passes are so much better than having to request guestlists all the time.

There's really no excuse for extravagant gardens and hotels like this.

Ibiza is sometimes too much for a poor soul used to the arctic weather - which I have now returned to.

(Hotel reviews to be posted later)

Garden1.jpg

GArden4.jpg

Abrat2.jpg

Abrat3.jpg

abrat4.jpg

Abrat1.jpg

Attachments

• Garden3.jpg
    Garden3.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Some final pics.

It's all still there, awaiting the onslaught in the weeks ahead.

Strip1.jpg

Strip2.jpg

Strip3.jpg

The sweetest beach of them all, Cala Escondida, was comfortably packed without being too many people on the day I took these pics (Tuesday this week). The restaurant was open, the beer was cold, the food tasty, the water temperature was refreshing, the children were well behaved, a few people had brought guitars, people from various groups started talking to each other in whatever common language they had, the German tourists although loud weren't too talking too loud - and life was good. It's one of those days when it all comes together. There were however too many people sunbathing au naturell, as it should be, for any pics.

Some final pics.

It's all still there, awaiting the onslaught in the weeks ahead.

View attachment 13497

View attachment 13498

View attachment 13499

The sweetest beach of them all, Cala Escondida, was comfortably packed without being too many people on the day I took these pics (Tuesday this week). The restaurant was open, the beer was cold, the food tasty, the water temperature was refreshing, the children were well behaved, a few people had brought guitars, people from various groups started talking to each other in whatever common language they had, the German tourists although loud weren't too talking too loud - and life was good. It's one of those days when it all comes together. There were however too many people sunbathing au naturell, as it should be, for any pics.

nothing escondida (hidden) about Cala Escondida!

*nice pix and been enjoying your very frank commentary

I think you will yeah.

having those passes (well ok, I wouldn't queue for the hi/ushuaïa one myself I have to admit....but more speaking in general) gives you so much freedom. no need to run after guestlists last minute, knowing you'll be simply fine... in times when I went out 5 nights a week, having all those passes was the best thing ever. I mean ok, if you don't go clubbing lots then it's maybe debatable, but again generally speaking, those passes are so much better than having to request guestlists all the time.

Saw in their FAQ's there a few more dates I could swing by and get one! Still could happen

Cavallet empty in the pic above. Some people in the chiringuito ?
The wind was blowing from the south-east. It was therefore a bit cold for Cavallet. The beaches facing north-west were however just perfect.

Chiringuito was open, but nowhere near packed when I was there around mid-day.

Anyone know what the hell all the racket in PDB was last night? Now I'm not one to come to a town known specifically for its nightclubs and complain about the noise, I just wondered where everyone was going to at around 11 last night, then back at 6am this morning? Huge throng of crowd suddenly started walking from the Ibiza town end towards the middle bit of PDB, took about 10 minutes and several hundred walked past, then quiet again. Then back the other way at around 6.

I know there's loads of Erasmus students in town at the moment, many staying at Mare Nostrum, but it seems exactly like they're going to and from a club night, yet there's none on until the end of the week as far as I'm aware.

There's been articles like this the last days on both newspapers. It was on the local TV too, where a girl mentioned something like we know the clubs open at the end of the month but we got one of them to open for us... erm, okay doll. It must be Swag.

Swag would kind of make sense, but they seemed to be headed further up than that. Might have a wander if they're at it again tonight.

That article seems to refer to the hotel itself, where there is some awful "foam cock and balls" DJ playing cheesy 90s crap that was presumably released several years before most of these guys were born, and loud EDM type stuff, but it isn't too bad because it finishes at 8.

I give some fair pass - I still go to the clubs myself and this is a place known for clubs after all. The lack of respect in the early hours does really grate though. I don't even have the excuse that they're English either - they're normally the ones who cause the problems here.

Back