ibiza 2019 observations

Is this Cafe Mambo blockade a perma thing or just temporary to replace the stairs? They get some big DJs for their pre-parties so would be a shame if you couldn't bring your drinks and chill on the steps.

After like around 11 or so they always have guards shooing ppl away from the rocks. Always annoying.

Is this Cafe Mambo blockade a perma thing or just temporary to replace the stairs? They get some big DJs for their pre-parties so would be a shame if you couldn't bring your drinks and chill on the steps.

After like around 11 or so they always have guards shooing ppl away from the rocks. Always annoying.
We were told it was just temporary while they replaced the steps. It created a major bottle neck on the walkway as you couldn't bypass the crowds by going round on the rocks (unless you walked all the way down past Café del Mar to the next steps). This was a particular problem when they had big name dj's on doing pre-parties as people just stopped to take pictures/watch. It literally was not moving and dangerously packed with people getting aggy and crushed. People with little kids etc....really not good....

We had Roger Sanchez one night, he came on literally the second after the sun went down....had loads of dressed up/camp dancers for Glitterbox at the front. Recipe for disaster. You can imagine it.....all these tourists with great instagram opportunities....look where I am etc etc.

These the same “ look where Iam / doing it for the Gram “ tourists that I’ve seen in DC10/Eden/Cova/Amnesia /Ushuiai and on the Boat parties ?

Damn those Pesky tourists !

These the same “ look where Iam / doing it for the Gram “ tourists that I’ve seen in DC10/Eden/Cova/Amnesia /Ushuiai and on the Boat parties ?

Damn those Pesky tourists !
Pikes was the only place I didn't see it....maybe due to the older crowd perhaps....

I've never been to mambos and I never will

I used to quite like it back in the late 90's when you could amble up to the window and chat to the DJ, then have a drink on the sand/rocks. I haven't been for about 15 years though so take it things have changed a bit

I used to quite like it back in the late 90's when you could amble up to the window and chat to the DJ, then have a drink on the sand/rocks. I haven't been for about 15 years though so take it things have changed a bit
A little.. I do remember it back then as you mentioned when there was nothing between CDM and mambos only a dusty carpark waste ground and a 2ft wall to sit on..

...really current, my rental car is back since last Thursday in the parking garage at the airport, I borrowed a scooter for the first time ... best idea ever! Powerful fun, no parking and small change stress, he costs just 3 times as much as the car!
Definitely where the problem is or ...?

I was on the island last week for a few days. The biggest thing for me was the amount of children in bars at night. Seeing children in pushchairs past 11pm at night, with loud music playing is something that I am very uncomfortable with, especially when they are wide awake because it’s too loud for them to sleep. I can’t believe that this is allowed. Mambo being one of the worst for it. It was my 4th trip to the island, and some of the things I saw this year actually really shocked me, let alone a small child, or the 10-11year old sat on a table on her own in mambo on her mobile bored shitless and knackered at 12.30pm. Ibiza is a great place for family holidays but I don’t see the nightlife as part of the family friendly.

I was on the island last week for a few days. The biggest thing for me was the amount of children in bars at night. Seeing children in pushchairs past 11pm at night, with loud music playing is something that I am very uncomfortable with, especially when they are wide awake because it’s too loud for them to sleep. I can’t believe that this is allowed. Mambo being one of the worst for it. It was my 4th trip to the island, and some of the things I saw this year actually really shocked me, let alone a small child, or the 10-11year old sat on a table on her own in mambo on her mobile bored shitless and knackered at 12.30pm. Ibiza is a great place for family holidays but I don’t see the nightlife as part of the family friendly.
Better than having them sleeping in an apartment whilst parents in a nearby restaraunt.

I've had a 2 year old in Savannahs and Mambos before :lol:

I'm sorry that this is uncomfortable for you, but children in Spain (and Europe) go to bed far later than the UK; in addition, most restaurants and bars in Ibiza (and much of the rest of the Med) welcome children, rather than shun them like the UK. Perhaps it's because the Mediterranean Europeans can go out for a drink or two without getting messy or annihilated.

I for one am glad that places like Ibiza allow all ages, young and old, without judgement.

I suppose it’s not a problem if kids are enjoying it. From my observations, that was not the case on certain occasions. The children were mostly with holiday makers from the UK not Mediterranean Europeans. And this is why I felt uncomfortable- kids from the UK. are use to going to bed a lot earlier. Totally get on holiday bedtime is later, but past midnight in a loud place with loud music is a-bit different. Certainly isn’t something I am comfortable with anyway, that’s why my son stayed at home with my husband for the weekend. As long as the kids are happy, that’s all that matters. Unfortunately a few times I saw upset and distressed children who were shattered- I felt sad for them.

Last edited:
I suppose it’s not a problem if kids are enjoying it. From my observations, that was not the case on certain occasions.
I do agree with you on that point, but I think there's a bigger issue here, specifically with mobile phones / digital babysitters.

Kids nowadays are addicted / stuck to the things - you see it in restaurants, and even when they go over for play dates.

This is not healthy.

If the kids are out at cafes / restaurants / bars, they should be part of the conversation / activity I feel.

Obviously this is for older kids - we have a 10 year old and she loves going to places like Mambo, Amante, whatever, and constantly talks to the staff / other kids there - and the staff always treat us better when she's there!

I do agree with you on that point, but I think there's a bigger issue here, specifically with mobile phones / digital babysitters.

Kids nowadays are addicted / stuck to the things - you see it in restaurants, and even when they go over for play dates.

I agree, I saw one couple ( from then uk) with the son in his pushchair- about 18months old. It was around 1am and he was upset, all they did was keep trying to shove the iPad in his face so they could continue with their night. He was in his pjs and wrapped in a blanket ready for bed but could not sleep for pretty obvious reasons. Poor little fella, I really felt for him.

All children are different and some will certainly enjoy going out, however if they aren’t enjoying it, in my opinion, it’s home time! My original post may not have been clear. I’m all up for kids having a good time and enjoying their holidays. What I am uncomfortable with is seeing kids knackered and upset and being ignored by parents because it’s interferes with their night.

Back