ibiza 2019 observations

I agree, I saw one couple ( from then uk) with the son in his pushchair- about 18months old. It was around 1am and he was upset, all they did was keep trying to shove the iPad in his face so they could continue with their night. He was in his pjs and wrapped in a blanket ready for bed but could not sleep for pretty obvious reasons. Poor little fella, I really felt for him.

All children are different and some will certainly enjoy going out, however if they aren’t enjoying it, in my opinion, it’s home time! My original post may not have been clear. I’m all up for kids having a good time and enjoying their holidays. What I am uncomfortable with is seeing kids knackered and upset and being ignored by parents because it’s interferes with their night.
I agree with this, selfish of the parents IMO. Leave the kids at home if you want to be out late partying....

My kiddo has been coming with us since before she was 1. Out of all the places in the world she could chose to holiday, she still chooses ibiza. She's 9 this year. I agree with things here. Personally, we're not into the digital baby sitting. She attends private school where they don't have any tablets or computers before age 13 (for school work) and none of the kids are allowed cell phones. We're lucky. It's not easy as we have less financial freedom, but this takes a huge amount of pressure off us (and her) as there is no "competition" to have such items. I really notice the difference with kids / her friends who are allowed full use of tablet / phone. I won't go into detail here, but children's brain plasticity is very malleable.....

From 1-4 we only went out for lunch. We started taking her out for early dinner (5/6pm so she could be In bed for 7:45/8) from about 5 years old and encouraged conversation. No matter how longingly she looked at other kids plugged into their tablets, oblivious that real life was happening beautifully all around them. We get a baby sitter if the hubby and I want to do our own thing. Agree that sleep is different in the UK. There is no option (or reason) to siesta, but we actively encourage family afternoon sleeps if our kiddo wants to join us on a later evening in Ibz. We've taken her to mambo twice for about an hour and I danced with her on my shoulders, she loved it. 2017 took her to Woomoon till 10pm. Again, dancing with me on my shoulders (I still carry her when she's tired, and she's 145cm!). She was gutted to leave. Last year we booked Bambuddha at 10pm, we got home at 1am and watched the eclipse of the blood moon. She told me that she had the best time of her life. But going out with us is to sensible places, on condition she has a siesta. I no longer like taking her to mambo because of all the young kids sucking those balloon things. Gives me the creeps that shit. But I agree, it's very unfair to force a kid to stay up and try shut them up with an iPad. Awful. I've seen a lot of that and also felt sad for the kids you can tell don't want to be there with their trollied parents. And when we go out with her, I never have more than one drink, if that, because I like to drive. But when it's just the hubby and me.....well that another story. For our eyes only! Hahaha still don't dig those ballon things though....

My kiddo has been coming with us since before she was 1. Out of all the places in the world she could chose to holiday, she still chooses ibiza. She's 9 this year. I agree with things here. Personally, we're not into the digital baby sitting. She attends private school where they don't have any tablets or computers before age 13 (for school work) and none of the kids are allowed cell phones. We're lucky. It's not easy as we have less financial freedom, but this takes a huge amount of pressure off us (and her) as there is no "competition" to have such items. I really notice the difference with kids / her friends who are allowed full use of tablet / phone. I won't go into detail here, but children's brain plasticity is very malleable.....

From 1-4 we only went out for lunch. We started taking her out for early dinner (5/6pm so she could be In bed for 7:45/8) from about 5 years old and encouraged conversation. No matter how longingly she looked at other kids plugged into their tablets, oblivious that real life was happening beautifully all around them. We get a baby sitter if the hubby and I want to do our own thing. Agree that sleep is different in the UK. There is no option (or reason) to siesta, but we actively encourage family afternoon sleeps if our kiddo wants to join us on a later evening in Ibz. We've taken her to mambo twice for about an hour and I danced with her on my shoulders, she loved it. 2017 took her to Woomoon till 10pm. Again, dancing with me on my shoulders (I still carry her when she's tired, and she's 145cm!). She was gutted to leave. Last year we booked Bambuddha at 10pm, we got home at 1am and watched the eclipse of the blood moon. She told me that she had the best time of her life. But going out with us is to sensible places, on condition she has a siesta. I no longer like taking her to mambo because of all the young kids sucking those balloon things. Gives me the creeps that shit. But I agree, it's very unfair to force a kid to stay up and try shut them up with an iPad. Awful. I've seen a lot of that and also felt sad for the kids you can tell don't want to be there with their trollied parents. And when we go out with her, I never have more than one drink, if that, because I like to drive. But when it's just the hubby and me.....well that another story. For our eyes only! Hahaha still don't dig those ballon things though....
Love this. :)

Reactions: Liv
I posted somewhere on here last week about
Our oldest who was 14 or 15 at the time saying to our youngest that he's not very drunk he's on ecstasy ?.. this is about someone in a bar we've been going to for years who was a bit lost to say the least, he's friends of the owner of the bar and they were after putting him up stairs to try sleep it off and he appeared back down more off his head..

I took my son to mambo closing in 2017. He was 7 at the time. And he has still not shut up about it. We went down early for dinner and the wife took my youngest home not long after sunset. We stayed out till the small hours of the morning and had a great time. I had a few beers, he had a few fizzy drinks (that he probably normally wouldn’t get). We even stopped in the west end for 1 more drink before a pit stop at Burger King on the way back to the hotel. I love that Ibiza is all inclusive like that. It’s great that I can show my kids an insight into my life before they came along and hopefully gives them something to aspire too. But yes, I get your point. If they have their nose stuck in a phone and are clearly not enjoying themselves, it’s time to call it a night.

We took our 1 yr old to Mambo last year and he immediately burst into tears. I started laughing making comments about how I feel like that about the place now (and the EDM dirge getting spun) which the missus didnt find funny. Went next door to savannah and it was more relaxed and he was away dancing on chairs! Ice cream on the way home and taxi to PdT well before 11. Nightcap on the balcony ;-)

We took our 1 yr old to Mambo last year and he immediately burst into tears. I started laughing making comments about how I feel like that about the place now (and the EDM dirge getting spun) which the missus didnt find funny. Went next door to savannah and it was more relaxed and he was away dancing on chairs! Ice cream on the way home and taxi to PdT well before 11. Nightcap on the balcony ;-)

we did similar - couldn't get near Mambo, just watched the sunset from nearby and sat at Savannah for a drink + ice cream for the wee one
last year she was 4, stayed up later than at home due to the kiddies disco & show at the hotel but we didn't keep her out v. late

I think the key with kids is to use common sense. The the child is cranky, bored or annoyed it will not be much fun for the parents either anyway, and they will like find more fun back on the balcony with kiddos in bed.

Most parents really pushing the limits probably have other issues that go far beyond a few hours out on holiday in Ibiza.

on children discussion - IMO it's true you see a huge difference in how kids are 'dealt with' between northern and southern europe. in spain it's absolutely normal to have your kids up and even out with you at dinners until late (not least because dinner IS late) whereas in northern europe it's bedtime much earlier.

on another note, today even a taxi driver acknowledged that the traffic right now is absolutely bonkers.

on observations... ended up going to solomun last night. can't say much about denis sulta because I was out in the garden chatting.
solomun still has it though, club super busy and the vibe was really good I thought.

also since it was mentioned recently...last night was definitely no sausage fest. big women ratio!

on observations... ended up going to solomun last night. can't say much about denis sulta because I was out in the garden chatting.
solomun still has it though, club super busy and the vibe was really good I thought.

also since it was mentioned recently...last night was definitely no sausage fest. big women ratio!
Sounds great! Looking forward to checking it out in a few weeks. I believe we’ve got Joseph Capriati as the +1 the night we’re there.

Kids there for sultra hoping he'll play the theme from Sesame Street last tune..

we did similar - couldn't get near Mambo, just watched the sunset from nearby and sat at Savannah for a drink + ice cream for the wee one
last year she was 4, stayed up later than at home due to the kiddies disco & show at the hotel but we didn't keep her out v. late

His put a new manager into Savannah and spent £100k on the place, there is a positive difference already

Back