ibiza 2019 observations

go to la torre instead. the staff there can be a little pushy too but at least they don't (or didn't in 2018) try and control who goes on the rocks

(way better music too!)

My default is Buddha because of where we normally stay.

I had a table booked at the restaurant near La Torre last year (with a view to doing Lat Torre first), but bizarrely it became too much of an effort sans car and we cancelled.

My default is Buddha because of where we normally stay.

I had a table booked at the restaurant near La Torre last year (with a view to doing Lat Torre first), but bizarrely it became too much of an effort sans car and we cancelled.
Went La Torre last year, was more chilled, had Alfredo playing which was good. But now owned by Mambo's as well so a lot of their policies will be creeping in. It is not really walkable for the San An masses though which will help it retain some authenticity.....

Stayed in the Costa Mar in San Antonio in 2012, I think it’s called wiki woo now and had a room at the front. Beautiful Sunset sat on the balcony every night

I quite like Mambo during the day and still have at least one visit at night. Kumharas is great for a sunset but a good walk from the strip.

After 16 years of visiting I still love sitting in the orange corner drinking cocktails and watching the world go by ?

I'm just back. They are currently 'replacing' the steps down to the rocks at Mambos, there is a fence up blocking access with police tape all along it. At the far end of Mambo's there is a mean-looking security guard stopping people from going onto the rocks with their own booze. The official line is that the steps needed replacing, but I mean, they've had all winter to do this. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was the first step to stopping people going onto the rocks in front of Mambos permanently.

To be fair when it started getting really busy just before the sun disappeared, the security gave up trying to stop people as he was getting overrun....but this was a really sad sight for me and another part of Ibiza being eroded away for the cash-cow that is Mambos. You had people sitting either side of Mambos on the rocks with a big gap in between. They were letting people onto the wooden slats if you had bought a drink from the bar.....

I really hope I am wrong. Maybe some one a bit better informed can put me right on this....
REMEMBER in the old days(working in West-end),there was a little sandy spot outside Cafe del Mar. You could have a dip in the water, some naked sport before going to bet. Had a bed sofa behind the window at the 7´th floor,Lovely sunsets:rolleyes:

Last edited:
from a legal point of view, they can't stop you from going there. the shoreline is always public in spain. thing is tourists obviously don't know that.
Seen this a right few times over the years. Foreign bouncer trying to shift on spanish folk, never ends well for the bouncer.

I still head to the rocks infront of Mambo for atleast one sunset over a trip, if it's free it's for me...

Back