Ibiza 2012

Yeah, without doubt my favourite place to chill out with a drink.

Yeah, I quite enjoyed the Golden Buddha... but spent more time in Kanya. Sisha was cheaper ;)

I've never had the daytime parties, I've never had the 24 hour benders (Don't think I could hack it anyway, 12 hours is a push for me, even with added extras), so I don't feel like I've missed anything when I am there. I guess that's because I've been going since 2009.
I've never experienced space with a terrace without a roof, or Amnesia with an open air terrace.
I only know them as they are now, so I take it for the norm.
It's the same with the daytime clubbing thing. It's not been there since I started going, so I can't miss it.

This year was notably more busier, but I also went peak season, whereas I hadn't before. The music I love has always had it's place on the Island, and although the sound I love has changed drastically (especially since Trance's first inception in the 90s), it's still there, and still going fairly strong, probably stronger than previous years actually. Cream, Godskitchen, Gatecrasher, Full On Ferry, Judgement Sundays and BE being the big trance nights on the Island, so I actually felt fairly spoiled for choice as to what DJs I saw.

I just wish it was a damn site cheaper. August and September were very difficult months financially after Ibiza... (although a long distance relationship added to that)

Last edited by a moderator:
With no one dancing. :lol:

:lol: Seth v Jones twatted mongathon :( ... Been to big clubs and seen it virtually like that at the start of a party. However it's not all like that :

http://www.ugroove.tv/visionquest/se...n-crosson-dc10

I never bothered to go to the Cocoon afters. Not enough energy there for me. Plenty of beach bars playing good grooves any day of the week so why bother ? Just learned to like more "noodly grooves" until the day wears on a bit. Hey ho....

Am I the only one who doesn't find Seth Troxler and Jamie Jones that exciting?

No - they can be unbelievably dull the pair of them - usually when they're bolloxd. Seth can play great stuff tho. Trouble is he can also kill the night. I saw him & Bill P play in France, it was amazing until 4am then died. You'd have to stand in a drugged out trance on the dancefloor to "get it" - not a party vibe when it goes like that in a club ! I left - but had really enjoyed it up to then ... and needed some kip anyway.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of people like them just because they are in fashion. I find their mixes rather mundane I've seen Jamie Jones and while I liked the music liked was about as much as it was for me

I left Circo Loco this year before Seth Troxler came on and didn't care. I'd much prefer Tania Vulcano and she's been around for a pretty long time but it seems all the trendys are raving on about Jones and Troxler lol

I'm of the opinion that a lot of people like them just because they are in fashion.

I've been saying exactly the same thing to lots of people recently.

I saw JJ at a Creche party recently - and he was on (unusually) great form but it was all trendy club kids. These fan scenes are often just a fashion statement. Granted - creche put on a bloody great night but it's not a patch on Boys Own or the Loft where all the proper heads are. The geeks make for a much better atmos.

Gimme a dance floor full of dinosaurs any day!

It's hilarious I heard some 18 year old girls in work saying they wanted to go to the warehouse project NYD because Jamie Jones was there :) I'm gathering they'll spare a little time for supporting act Laurent Garnier :lol:

I'm not saying nobody should like JJ as some genuinely do but the people I often hear speaking of him think ipods are gym tools

I'm just a snob and I don't care. I hate people using nights that I feel passionate about as a standard night out to get drunk and stand around chatting, looking beautiful, getting off with lads/ girls generally taking up dancing space

Well, nothing will compare to my favourite Matinee parties starting early Saturday morning!! :cry: And, yes, it is different!

This year when I went, I had my apprehensions. I hadn't been since 2008 and I remember back then, PDB being very dead during the day.

Also, this year, when I told people I was going to Ibiza, A LOT more people know about it. Coming from North America, many know nothing about or have seen some "Wild on.." type of MTV programme. But, everyone I know, knows about the commercial side of it.. SHM, Guetta... rubbish I would never go to anyway. So yes, it is a lot more commercial. And there are a lot more orange people. And VIP. And people who are oh-so-very-cool.

I had a much better time this year than I did in 2008.

I went to Bora Bora for 15 minutes... and it is not like it used to be. But Sands and La Plage weren't there either 10 years ago and they are great places.

There were plenty of times where I was dancing at all hours... yes it was the closings, but still.

1. I was at the Cocoon after party on Tuesday afternoon and realised I hadn't slept since Friday night/Saturday morning. I was dancing most of this time.

2. I stayed at Cocoon until noon the next day

3. I was at Amnesia closing until 5:50 pm

4. I was at DC10 for 13/14 hours.

I wrote a review (up in review section) and there were still many parties which had the vibe of a few years ago. MUCH more so than the parties I attended in 2007/ 2008!!

I do think that things like youtube/ facebook/ twitter/ everyone-having-an-i-phone changes things and makes it more commercial. Before youtube, you really had no idea what to expect and it made your trip (not just ibiza trips) more exciting! Now I can basically find out who played what track at 5:51 am at DC10 closing.

I am in my mid-thirties and have been clubbing in many places around the world,no I haven't been everywhere and maybe not as hardcore as some people, and no, I wasn't there in the early nineties, so I can't say what it was like then.

I do know that I had a great time there this year and met a lot of old friends and made new friends who had a great time dancing between 8 am and whenever as well.

No it's not like 2004 or 2008 ( thank goodness) but it was and still is one of my favourite places in the world. I've been to over 60 countries, and this is the only place I have been back 7 times (aside from family trips and living in the UK).

But, if they could just please bring back Matinee on Saturday mornings, life would be almost perfect!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There were plenty of times where I was dancing at all hours... yes it was the closings, but still.

1. I was at the Cocoon after party on Tuesday afternoon and realised I hadn't slept since Friday night/Saturday morning. I was dancing most of this time.

2. I stayed at Cocoon until noon the next day

3. I was at Amnesia closing until 5:50 pm

4. I was at DC10 for 13/14 hours.

Hello :lol:

That almost makes me want to go back next year for closing weekend :lol:;)

Hello :lol:

That almost makes me want to go back next year for closing weekend :lol:;)

hello!! :)

Yes, it might just be the closing weekend though!

Who knows though, I talked to people who were out all summer who said there was always something on and they were more lax this year than the past couple of years.

2008 was the worst year I think for rules and regulations.

Still, not as easy as pre-2008 when you could just go to Space at anytime if it was raining (or sunny!)!

I know you and many others on here were Matinee fans when it was on Saturday morning... and no nothing like that! :( Matinee was meant for morning/ daytime parties!

I have faith it will be back! :lol: :lol:

Back