how are the drink prices this year? (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have a problem with the high drinks prices. I hardly saw any big groups of drunkards like I do in England every weekend. And everywhere but Space I managed to buy a bottle of water and then refill it in the loos.

The season lasts just a few months, they have to maximise their profits, people will still pay these prices to a certain extent, so be it.

I'm told it was 7€ a bottle of water in Eden for JS the other nite & 10€ for a Vodka Lemon in Es Paradis on Saturday for the water party.

Don't have a problem with the high drinks prices. I hardly saw any big groups of drunkards like I do in England every weekend. And everywhere but Space I managed to buy a bottle of water and then refill it in the loos.

The season lasts just a few months, they have to maximise their profits, people will still pay these prices to a certain extent, so be it.

Refill your bottle in the loos?? Very brave!!! Can't imagine drinking that salt water myself..

But about the prices, I was very well surprised in DC10 last year. Ordered a Vodka Redbull and she poured the vodka right before me into the 0.5 l. glass (which I always appreciate) and filled it for a third! Gave het a few euro's extra and the next time she filled it half way.. When I finished my third one (which was also half vodka/half red bull) I was getting pretty drunk. Don't remember the exact price, it was something like 12 euro's I think, but that really made me like the DC10 policy!

:lol::lol: that could be right...

What about a Water in Amnesia ?
Again 10€ like last Season ?

I don't care about any argument about the length of the season, how they need to make profits to pay DJs blah blah blah. To charge anybody 10€ for a bottle of water is disgraceful. That's equivalant to £8.30 for water!!

I can remember being charged £4.50 for a bottle of water at Glasshouse in Leeds and being so bloody outraged I did not go back to the bar for the rest of the night!

Robbing tw*ts!

converting prices to sterling is completely meaningless as you cannot compare between different countries with different standards and costs of living. if someone from the ivory coast strolled into your local they'd probably have to pay a week's wages for a couple of pints of mild.

I don't drink alcohol as I dislike the taste and the effect (!!!) however, I do dance alot and with the heat and the sweating I need quite alot of water and/or soft drinks. I am all for profits etc for the clubs and promotors but the prices are definitely abusive - the mark-up is insane. Plus dehydration is dangerous after all... !

converting prices to sterling is completely meaningless as you cannot compare between different countries with different standards and costs of living. if someone from the ivory coast strolled into your local they'd probably have to pay a week's wages for a couple of pints of mild.

OK, that's a very fair point. In the UK a bottle of water from the shop probably will cost you say, 90p. In a club probably £2 - £2.50. So the mark up is about 100 -150%

Something tells me that the 10€ bottle of water from Amnesia doesnt cost 4€ in the shop. I know clubs need to make money and that but I think they make quite enough through exorbitant alcohol and door prices without the need to con every last euro out of you for a lousy bottle of water. I come back to Ibiza every year and love it, but it really pisses me off when I actually have to think twice about whether I really need a bottle of water because its so expensive.

In Paris a mixer drink costs 10 to 20 euros ( depends on the club ) and water is 10e.

to me 18e for a drink is not that much if i m having a good time, good music, nice people etc
I 'd rather have one night of party wasting 150e to drink and listen to my favorite dj in ibiza than waste 50e in 3 horrible nights

This is true, however I'm not sure that you can find anywhere else in Spain that will charge you 10 Euros for a water (or 15 euros for a mixed drink).

To be honest, we only have ourselves to blame for these prices. If people would refuse to pay them then they would be lowered.

we only have ourselves to blame for these prices. If people would refuse to pay them then they would be lowered.
clap.gif

Would love to refuse to pay, however when a friend did that couple of years back she ended up in clinic on a drip because of dehydration - no drugs involved, just 5 hours of dancing around space in late july.... Not such a good plan !

I do refuse. I don't buy alcohol in clubs. But you cannot physically dance for hours on end without drinking water...a bit of a Catch 22 :eek:

I know it's business and I don't care what they charge for alcohol but pricing people out of water is cruel.

I'm told it was 7€ a bottle of water in Eden for JS the other nite & 10€ for a Vodka Lemon in Es Paradis on Saturday for the water party.

its easy in these clubs though as they let you in and out.....so just hide a bottle of vodka and coke/redbull in one of the bushes outside ;):?:8)

The island is one giant rip off and it's why i will never go back again, regardless of how good the music and nights are. My loss, but it's something i can live with now. Been three times in the past 8 years and enjoyed every minute of going, had some amazing nights there. That however was when i had no financial commitments and didn't have to worry about paying £10 for a pint of lager. If you're not happy about the prices, just don't go. I've had enough of paying mega bucks to spend a week in a #### hole just to watch my favourite DJ's for a few hours, my time in Ibiza has passed. Hope everyone else has a wicked time though! I'm taking my money elsewhere from now on.

i'm sorry but that is just robbery, thats like 8 quid for a tiny bottle of water when u can get a bottle 3 times as big from the supermarket for 70 cent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back