Hotel discussion thread

Thanks so much for sharing. I’m leaning towards the hotel rural Xereca at the moment! Quite liked the idea of lounging by a pool and good enough location.
I uhm’d and ah’d about this place for my upcoming stay. It looks amazing there and close enough to it all as you say. Only thing that put me off was nearly all of their insta was wedding photos and was worried it’d just be me and a wedding party!

I uhm’d and ah’d about this place for my upcoming stay. It looks amazing there and close enough to it all as you say. Only thing that put me off was nearly all of their insta was wedding photos and was worried it’d just be me and a wedding party!
Oh yes that’s not ideal alright but maybe when booking, we can check about whether a wedding party is booked at that time.
It’s the only hotel that’s ticking the boxes for me at the moment and I have pretty much looked at every damn 4-5 star hotel on the island at this stage!! 😂

I’m planning on going to Ibiza for my husbands 50th next year- in May or September to avoid the younger crowd ( hopefully). I’m happy to pay for a 5 star hotel as it’s a big birthday.I’d love some recommendations.
I looked at Pikes as we will definitely go for a night out there as we prefer the older crowd and smaller venues rather than the super clubs. But I think Pikes might be a bit full on when you want to chill or have a night off. So here’s what were after-

- Ideally adults only
- South Island near Ibiza town but want to go to the sunet bars near San Antonio too
- beach access ideally ( or close)
- luxury with day beds by a pool but not too wanky!
- like smaller hotels but open to bigger ones too.

Also if you can throw out any cool small beach bars with DJ’s or clubs that aren’t full of posers on phones VIP crap, that would be great too! Where do the older clubbers go?

Thanks
These don’t tick all your boxes but worth a look, in a few weeks we’re splitting our time between Las Mimosas in San An bay and the Riomar in Santa Eulalia.

Have stayed in Las Mimosas before and it’s really nice, adults only, lovely pool and beds, rooms are great and service was excellent.

Haven’t stayed at the Riomar but can report back in due course.

We stayed a few nights in Pikes last year right at the end of April in one of the garden rooms and it was great and the vibes are unmatched, but there is definitely that risk factor of rowdiness that comes with having a nightclub in your hotel

These don’t tick all your boxes but worth a look, in a few weeks we’re splitting our time between Las Mimosas in San An bay and the Riomar in Santa Eulalia.

Have stayed in Las Mimosas before and it’s really nice, adults only, lovely pool and beds, rooms are great and service was excellent.

Haven’t stayed at the Riomar but can report back in due course.

We stayed a few nights in Pikes last year right at the end of April in one of the garden rooms and it was great and the vibes are unmatched, but there is definitely that risk factor of rowdiness that comes with having a nightclub in your hotel
Riomar is lovely!

Thanks so much! I was actually looking at Las Mimosas yesterday as an option.
If only Pikes did a 1 or 2 night stay rather than a 4 night minimum, that would be ideal!

New cute spot I'm going to try for a little work away from home day soon

Thursday at 8 on BBC2
Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby

Rob Rinder and Monica Galetti work at Six Senses Ibiza on the island’s north coast. They help guests in the hotel’s on-site clinic experience biohacking therapies, from cryotherapy to heated infrared masks, promising to delay ageing and increase vitality.

Rob helps the hotel’s 'energy balancing' expert create a cacao ceremony to increase spiritual wellness. In the basement, Monica uncovers a recording studio with a party space for the music scene that the island is known for.

To be fair the interior(s) needed a complete refurb. Those rooms were exactly the same since Summer 2013! 11 year old beds when people are on holiday and do what they do = bad beds!

" One of the highlights will be the addition of outdoor bathtubs on the guest room terraces, offering guests an unparalleled experience of luxury and relaxation ".

Thank goodness Ibiza doesn't have a water supply problem ! :spank:

More Hotel News.

1. Destino Pacha is no more. The final closing was on September 30th. What will come in its place?
A bit of a brand change of the new owners of the Pacha Group. So from now on it will be called Destino FIVE Ibiza. It will undergo renovations inside and out.
Will also go from a 4 to a 5 star Hotel.
There will be party’s in the future as Music On is already confirmed for next year. I wonder what the entrance fee will be as this year the were already up to €170,-!

2. USHUAÏA Tower will also undergo a change.
The name will change to The Unexpected Ibiza.
This in line with the International expansion of the brand and the opening of a new resort in the United Arab Emirates. Last I heard the will also get some kind of cosmetic make-over. Maybe even a bit more less juvenile. Without the flowers on the facade etc…
We’ll just have to wait and see.

More Hotel News.

1. Destino Pacha is no more. The final closing was on September 30th. What will come in its place?
A bit of a brand change of the new owners of the Pacha Group. So from now on it will be called Destino FIVE Ibiza. It will undergo renovations inside and out.
Will also go from a 4 to a 5 star Hotel.
There will be party’s in the future as Music On is already confirmed for next year. I wonder what the entrance fee will be as this year the were already up to €170,-!

2. USHUAÏA Tower will also undergo a change.
The name will change to The Unexpected Ibiza.
This in line with the International expansion of the brand and the opening of a new resort in the United Arab Emirates. Last I heard the will also get some kind of cosmetic make-over. Maybe even a bit more less juvenile. Without the flowers on the facade etc…
We’ll just have to wait and see.
Yeah all thats been out for a while.. Matching up with the sister hotels in Dubai.. Five resorts, and the Unexpected hotels.. I liked the flowers down the side as it was fresh at the time, now a little withered ;)

So we did the usual this trip and split it into one more chilled a bit more expensive place further from the action and then another nearer the clubs.

Tried Can Salia for the first 6 days. It's been renovated not too long ago as I couldn't remember that being there before when we've been to Can Pujol restaurant which is next door.

We really enjoyed our stay. Its at the end of San An Bay, room and living area are good size and has all the modern amenities you'd expect like microwave, kettle and new hobs. The ground pool is ok, but doesn't look like it's had much of a touch up from the last hotel, however their big USP is their roof pool and terrace which is quite swanky and children free for the most part. The sunsets there were stunning.
Had food there twice and it was good quality.

Great location for beaches that side of island, walking distance to Port Des Torrent, plus very short bus rides to Cala Basa, Cala Comte and Cala Tarida.

Ended the holiday in Cenit in Figueretas which i'm sure many people know. Was our first time and we liked it. We didnt realise it had such a nice pool terrace too, which is open to all, so even if we don't stay there again we will definitely be making use of the pool when we are in the area. Room size was good, only problem is they are working on a new building next door so we did have drilling and general noise when the workers were there, so it might be worth checking if this is still happening when booking in the future.

Back