Hotel discussion thread

After 11 years open, apparentlyyy... just apparently, eh... apparently the old Fiesta Club Don Toni won't continue as Hard Rock Hotel next year and it will be rebranded as something else :!:
It Got a proper rubbish review on YouTube the other week, rooms looked realy dated and proper dirty for the price the guy had paid, space hotel could be a shout but would it make sense that close to Ushuaïa two nightclub themed hotels? Is ibiza I suppose...

Re: piscis park / hotel vibra district

Not going according to the plan... :-(

I actually stayed there in June 2023 and it just seemed a very confused place. Everything was all fresh and new, very “instagrammable” with all their neon lights and that, but then you had the 18-21 year olds doing balloons on balconies. I also had problems with the “lads” staying in the room opposite doing the whole knock the door and run away thing, which might have been funny if I was 20 but not at almost 40.

I’d never stay again - did the all inclusive as my friends were staying there and doing the same and it was terrible. It was relatively quiet as it was June but I can’t imagine what it must be like in August.

If the place wants to appeal to a different type of clientele then what they’ve done with the place doesn’t fit the bill. It’s tacky.

I actually stayed there in June 2023 and it just seemed a very confused place. Everything was all fresh and new, very “instagrammable” with all their neon lights and that, but then you had the 18-21 year olds doing balloons on balconies. I also had problems with the “lads” staying in the room opposite doing the whole knock the door and run away thing, which might have been funny if I was 20 but not at almost 40.

I’d never stay again - did the all inclusive as my friends were staying there and doing the same and it was terrible. It was relatively quiet as it was June but I can’t imagine what it must be like in August.

If the place wants to appeal to a different type of clientele then what they’ve done with the place doesn’t fit the bill. It’s tacky.
Have friends that stayed in April and had a similar experience

in late change of plan, now staying at the eccentrically named Aparthotel Atlantic (which I double-checked is in Ibiza). It offered more rooms with 2 apartments included in the same deal and the reviews were generally more favourable.

Some young lads from my football club stayed there in June 2023. Apparently they all had the hots for some MILF across the corridor, but everytime one of them was convinced to pluck up the courage to go and knock her door to speak to her, they lost their bottle and ran away before she answered.........
Post of the year contender

I’m planning on going to Ibiza for my husbands 50th next year- in May or September to avoid the younger crowd ( hopefully). I’m happy to pay for a 5 star hotel as it’s a big birthday.I’d love some recommendations.
I looked at Pikes as we will definitely go for a night out there as we prefer the older crowd and smaller venues rather than the super clubs. But I think Pikes might be a bit full on when you want to chill or have a night off. So here’s what were after-

- Ideally adults only
- South Island near Ibiza town but want to go to the sunet bars near San Antonio too
- beach access ideally ( or close)
- luxury with day beds by a pool but not too wanky!
- like smaller hotels but open to bigger ones too.

Also if you can throw out any cool small beach bars with DJ’s or clubs that aren’t full of posers on phones VIP crap, that would be great too! Where do the older clubbers go?

Thanks

Pikes advocate (obviously to most people here) so take my bias here but...

If you had one of the rooms that aren't 'in the action' (1-9, 25, 26 and potentially even 19-21 and 24 if you don't mind just being around the pool) then you can technically have a "night off" and it be pretty chilled. I've definitely done it in the past but the rooms mentioned at the beginning of my list help with that.

I’m planning on going to Ibiza for my husbands 50th next year- in May or September to avoid the younger crowd ( hopefully). I’m happy to pay for a 5 star hotel as it’s a big birthday.I’d love some recommendations.
I looked at Pikes as we will definitely go for a night out there as we prefer the older crowd and smaller venues rather than the super clubs. But I think Pikes might be a bit full on when you want to chill or have a night off. So here’s what were after-

- Ideally adults only
- South Island near Ibiza town but want to go to the sunet bars near San Antonio too
- beach access ideally ( or close)
- luxury with day beds by a pool but not too wanky!
- like smaller hotels but open to bigger ones too.

Also if you can throw out any cool small beach bars with DJ’s or clubs that aren’t full of posers on phones VIP crap, that would be great too! Where do the older clubbers go?

Thanks
Our favourite hotel in Ibiza is the Mijgorn In PDB. Its not adult only but there is a family pool away from the main one so you don't really see kids playing etc. Swanky enough to feel posh but not unbelievably ridiculous in price. Cool tunes during the day, beds if you want them, never too busy by the pool (we went July), rooms amazing.

If you are going for it I recommend booking direct with the hotel, they are very accommodating and great communication before you arrive. We asked for a room facing the pool and got it. Breakfast was incredible too.

We stayed in Pikes for 3 nights and wouldn't stay again, for the reasons you said. When we went our neighbour's terrace party spilled onto our ours which was quite annoying when you were trying to sleep! Woke up to full ashtrays and empty drinks...bit of a p*ss-take if I'm honest. Might have just been unlucky....

Our favourite hotel in Ibiza is the Mijgorn In PDB. Its not adult only but there is a family pool away from the main one so you don't really see kids playing etc. Swanky enough to feel posh but not unbelievably ridiculous in price. Cool tunes during the day, beds if you want them, never too busy by the pool (we went July), rooms amazing.

If you are going for it I recommend booking direct with the hotel, they are very accommodating and great communication before you arrive. We asked for a room facing the pool and got it. Breakfast was incredible too.

We stayed in Pikes for 3 nights and wouldn't stay again, for the reasons you said. When we went our neighbour's terrace party spilled onto our ours which was quite annoying when you were trying to sleep! Woke up to full ashtrays and empty drinks...bit of a p*ss-take if I'm honest. Might have just been unlucky....
Great thanks. Sounds ideal. Like the cool tunes and day beds idea with no kids in sight! We’re leaving ours behind. I’ll check out their website.

Pikes advocate (obviously to most people here) so take my bias here but...

If you had one of the rooms that aren't 'in the action' (1-9, 25, 26 and potentially even 19-21 and 24 if you don't mind just being around the pool) then you can technically have a "night off" and it be pretty chilled. I've definitely done it in the past but the rooms mentioned at the beginning of my list help with that.
Thanks for the heads up. I would love if we could do a night or two but they do a 4 night minimum. Can you go during the day gor afternoon dj sets and dinner and stay on for Freddie’s if you get on the list 2 weeks in advance? It really sounds like our cuppa especially if there’s no phones on the dancefloor and an older crowd.

Thanks for the heads up. I would love if we could do a night or two but they do a 4 night minimum. Can you go during the day gor afternoon dj sets and dinner and stay on for Freddie’s if you get on the list 2 weeks in advance? It really sounds like our cuppa especially if there’s no phones on the dancefloor and an older crowd.
Yep you can definitely do that! Rock up whenever you like in the day it's all good.

My wife and I just spent a week at The Standard in Ibiza town, it was fantastic. There’s not really a daytime pool scene as the rooftop pool is very small with just a few day beds available, but we spent more time exploring beaches instead. The service/people at the standard went above and beyond, we felt like we were staying with friends who wanted to show us the best time. Highly recommend.

Back