Glastonbury 2011

Yup - planning to stay in trainers for the entire weekend*.

* who am I kidding?

REALLY?!?!?! Do you think it will be that bad?? I sometimes find I go out for the day in wellies and my tootsies are sweating in them all day, I'd be much happier in trainers or something a bit more air-y.

Ohhhhhh thinking I should bring my wellies now :eek: :confused:

No I mean I am actually planning to do the whole festie in trainers. 8)

(really really am)

...I was at 97 (muddiest on record) and it ain't gonna be anywhere near as bad as all that.

My wellies are packed as is the talcum powder to try and alleviate the inevitable Trench Foot that will occur after 16 hours in rubber boots!

My espadrilles are also packed but I think that might be a TAD optimistic :lol:

Eeek, getting excited now. Got back from Ibiza on Saturday and have been fighting off the holiday blues.

Finally started packing-ish, today. Still need to go and get some sturdy socks and a chair + alcohol and food of course! Any key essentials that I may have forgot that anyone can recommend? Think I have most basics covered.

Wellies are ready although I have been keeping a close eye on weather and *touch wood* it actually looks like really good festival weather. Not too wet nor too hot.

Going to be heading down tomorrow night to sleep in the car-park after meeting some friends on the M3 - hoping to get in at some point Weds AM to build camp-Kieran then get down to a cider bar! Having never done Glasto but done other festi's how much money is advisable roughly for a decent time? I was thinking around the 150-200 mark?

Meh! Showers I can deal with. It's that never ending sheeting rain that I really do not want to see :(

I AM SOOOOOO excited. Work is killing me today as I'm having to do some really complicated event organising and handing it all over correctly to my colleagues, but my brain is already in a field with a can of cider :spank:

REALLY?!?!?! Do you think it will be that bad?? I sometimes find I go out for the day in wellies and my tootsies are sweating in them all day, I'd be much happier in trainers or something a bit more air-y.

Ohhhhhh thinking I should bring my wellies now :eek: :confused:

Becki, for the love of GOD please take your wellies! You WILL need them at some point over the weekend, I guarantee it!

Becki, for the love of GOD please take your wellies! You WILL need them at some point over the weekend, I guarantee it!

I can confirm the canvas wedges are being left at home and I'm detouring to Watford tonight to pick up the said wellies. Bring it on :twisted:

I can confirm the canvas wedges are being left at home and I'm detouring to Watford tonight to pick up the said wellies. Bring it on :twisted:

If you ask nicely Dan might send you his Excel spreadsheet of festival kit and it's 'usefulness to likelihood of necessity ratio'!:lol: *

*While I kid you not, he is the most prepared in the world for festival variable change, no matter how incremental!

Back