Glastonbury 2011

Really not feeling it though.

Absolutely no edge whatsoever.

...just high flying youngsters quaffing champagne in fancy dress.

Mutoid waste car crash DiY element definitely missing.

that was meant for Secret Garden btw.

...Aaah slumber rave - can be a nightmare to get into but great fun and good for stealing toys. :lol:

It's all about the D.O.W.N.L.O.W - my favourite club in the world. Felix Dickinson's Saturday sets are ridiculous. 8)

Me neither. Not to mention it's £160 for a mediocre lineup imo. I mean, it's the same price as all of the other festivals who have a huge number of well known artists there. I'm not saying having big names on the bill is necessarily better, but to charge the same price as V, Reading, Big Chill, Leeds etc etc etc when your outgoings are significantly less is a p1sstake imo.

V, Reading, Big Chill, Leeds etc

I imagine these are bloody terrible too.

:lol: I'm quite unforgiving today aren't I? (I love being old)

Big Chill used to be sooo good in the very early naughties - it's gone a bit radio 1's big weekend now hasn't it?

the big chill is dead, alas :cry:

it's going to be crawling with jessie j and kanye west fans this year

Glade festival is down to 5000 people this year. Still no sponsorship and no cheesemeisters on the lineup.
They've had to change the venue 3 times to get it to happen but have now got it on a private estate owned personally by some eccentric Lord who has a 24 hr permanent license. Hope this guy know what he's letting himself in for!

I said this the other week - there's loads of folky ones and the rock market is well catered for, and shedloads for kids who want to be subjected to annie mac-esque aural terrorism - there's virtually nothing for disco, house, balearic fans - you have to go to croatia to electric elephant and I can't afford that and I would far rather experience it on th cheap in a field with cider / local home-grown

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine these are bloody terrible too.

:lol: I'm quite unforgiving today aren't I? (I love being old)

Big Chill used to be sooo good in the very early naughties - it's gone a bit radio 1's big weekend now hasn't it?

God yeah they probably are terrible, but looking at it strictly on a value-for-money sense... those festivals above pay out a hell of a lot more than Secret Garden Party will. Yet they all charge roughly the same.

I can imagine SGP being run by a group of ex public schoolboys rubbing their hands with glee at all the money they're raking in :spank: :lol:

the big chill is dead, alas :cry:

it's going to be crawling with jessie j and kanye west fans this year

I've been for the last two years. The first time in 2009 was brilliant, then last year I think they got bought out by some big corporate company?? You could see the festival had changed loads, even in the space of a year. Much more pop orientated, loads more youngsters. This year will be even worse judging by the lineup.

Very sad as that was an amazing festival in 2009, and I'm sure even better before that.

I said this the other week - there's loads of folky ones and the rock market is well catered for, and shedloads for kids who want to be subjected to annie mac-esque aural terrorism - there's virtually nothing for disco, house, balearic fans - you have to go to croatia to electric elephant and I can't afford that and I would far rather experience it on th cheap in a field with cider / local home-grown

Yup - in for leccy elephant next year.

I've been for the last two years. The first time in 2009 was brilliant, then last year I think they got bought out by some big corporate company?? You could see the festival had changed loads, even in the space of a year. Much more pop orientated, loads more youngsters. This year will be even worse judging by the lineup.

Very sad as that was an amazing festival in 2009, and I'm sure even better before that.

Yeah 2009 was the last great year at the Big Chill imo. I have been for 6 years and this is the first time I really dont fancy it. Apperantly they are doing away with the Teenage tickets this year which might get a better crowd but its still massively sold out.

My Brother is going to Glasto on a freebe with Greenpeace Becki

2007 BC was just amazingness on so many levels. Prins Thomas, Tuung, Peter Kruder, Morgan Geist, Karizma, Padded Cell, Faze Action, Greg Wilson, Idjuts at Fat Tuesdays - great pies, great gear, great weather and massive fun at the campsite too

2008 BC was colder and it rained, big wasp infestation too, our group was much smaller and didn't recognise so many people and there was much less music I liked and too much fencing everywhere - atmosphere wasn't quite the same - I heard last year was much better though. This year however looks horrendous.

I really wanted to return to the worldwide festival. You need a bit of cash and a taste for Gilles Peterson's sounds to really appreciate it. DJ Harvey is the headliner - the worldwide festival in France in early July - would kill to be there as it is all staged on a beautiful clifftop on the sete peninsula near montpellier, you can walk down to the sea and swim whilst the bands/DJs are playing. amazingness when I went in 2006 and there is all sorts of quality music.

http://www.worldwidefestival.com/

2007 BC was just amazingness on so many levels. Prins Thomas, Tuung, Peter Kruder, Morgan Geist, Karizma, Padded Cell, Faze Action, Greg Wilson, Idjuts at Fat Tuesdays - great pies, great gear, great weather and massive fun at the campsite too

2008 BC was colder and it rained, big wasp infestation too, our group was much smaller and didn't recognise so many people and there was much less music I liked and too much fencing everywhere - atmosphere wasn't quite the same - I heard last year was much better though. This year however looks horrendous.

I really wanted to return to the worldwide festival. You need a bit of cash and a taste for Gilles Peterson's sounds to really appreciate it. DJ Harvey is the headliner - the worldwide festival in France in early July - would kill to be there as it is all staged on a beautiful clifftop on the sete peninsula near montpellier, you can walk down to the sea and swim whilst the bands/DJs are playing. amazingness when I went in 2006 and there is all sorts of quality music.

http://www.worldwidefestival.com/

At least festivals in Biblical times would've been a bit more raw...lots of public floggings etc.

Big Chill got really ravey in the end didn't it? The first one at Eastnor was all yoga, hearts and flowers (with a few lairy gigs for those feeling naughty).

There were no searches at the entrance or dogs, so it was a bit of a free-for-all.

big chill by day and big carnage by night

I remember being at fat tuesdays and greg wilson played some cut-up of Fools Gold and then all these lanterns went into the air behind us, big cheer, awesome communal experience - Ibiza was amazing last year in a different kind of way, similar spirit though

At least festivals in Biblical times would've been a bit more raw...lots of public floggings etc.

Big Chill got really ravey in the end didn't it? The first one at Eastnor was all yoga, hearts and flowers (with a few lairy gigs for those feeling naughty).

Thats what i liked about the Big Chill, it was very relaxed and chilled in the day then as it got dark it picked up a gear and got dancey

It's really wrong that I'm procrastinating over whether to see Kool and the Gang or Beyonce isn't it?

Yes Rob (naming and shaming self).

If I miss Open Sesame because of that slutty foghorn of a woman I'll be royally cross.

Back