Glasto

Yeah I enjoyed the manics, nice bit of nostalgia wen they opened with motorcycle emptiness!! Tom grennan is a hit machine tbf to him, good energy aswell.

Sampling Rick Astley & Blossoms (surprisingly great so far) and Billy Nomates (also enjoying) tonight. The latter apparently got some seriously nasty abuse online on social media that's lead her to question whether she has a future career... 🙁. So she doesn't have a backing band, but can't see anything wrong with her as a performer.

I would‘ve just spent the duration with felix, apiento, chris coco and the rest of the crew. Maybe a detour for Gabriels who are acers. All the live pop and tired indie landfill can fk right off.

Just watched the war on drugs and it was incredible!! Wot an ending, could have looped the final instrumental for an hour and the crowd would have stayed! That’s some new albums for me to listen to

Just watched the war on drugs and it was incredible!! Wot an ending, could have looped the final instrumental for an hour and the crowd would have stayed! That’s some new albums for me to listen to
I went through their catalogue some time ago, pretty underwhelming experience tbh, a lot of it sounded samish to me. Not sure what the hype is all about, might even say a one-trick pony. They're probably better as a live act.

I went through their catalogue some time ago, pretty underwhelming experience tbh, a lot of it sounded samish to me. Not sure what the hype is all about, might even say a one-trick pony. They're probably better as a live act.

I'd find it hard to sit down and listen to a whole album of theirs, but they look great live. Under the Pressure (at least the version I found on You Tube) is so much rougher around the edges than the "smooth" album version, and I mean that in a good way - also goes on twice as long, mind.

Also LOL to whoever wrote that the drummer looks like he's fighting his own war on drugs.

Last edited:
Managed to get out fairly easily on the motorbike at 9ish. Two wheels is the way to go. Won’t go into too much detail, but it was a proper classic year, great weather, some fab secret(ish) sets, some bits from my youth and then Elton John last night.

The pyramid field was the busiest I’ve ever seen it, and whilst it won’t go down as one of the best closing sets I don’t think, it felt fairly special, even from right at the back.

Need to have three showers now to scrub off all the dust and the sweat. Already looking forward to my #14 next year, hope you can make it @W_I_C

Yeah fair one. Although I’d say oasis are pretty one trick but I love them. At the end of the day, if a pony could do a back flip u wouldn’t need any more

Just got home from another great Glasto. Hot and dusty fun on the farm! Only 2.5 hours to get offsite and home! Result!
8 nights at the farm for me as volunteered again this year. Enjoyed lots but Hot Chip, Leftfield and The Comet is coming stood out for me! Gonna take me a few days to recalibrate to the real world though!

Back